Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208531 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #255 on: January 7, 2016, 11:40 PM »
I've seen the latest wave too, the TIE Pilot and stuff.  Is Rey repacked in there because I see her/BB8 a bit too.  Not a ton, but she's popping back up locally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 8, 2016, 08:21 AM »
I've seen the latest wave too, the TIE Pilot and stuff.  Is Rey repacked in there because I see her/BB8 a bit too.  Not a ton, but she's popping back up locally.

Yes, she is re-packed in Wave 3 too. It is a slightly upgraded version from the previous release as I understand it. Very minor differences mostly. The repacked Kylo is a lot different...I posted about him in the Wave 3 thread.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 8, 2016, 02:28 PM »
I happened to find a TIE Pilot, General Hux, Snowtrooper, and Ello Asty at WM last weekend.  Just sitting on a shelf randomly away from the regular SW section, but I was happy to pick them up.  Really like the Snowtrooper design for this movie, and the TIE pilot is pretty nice too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 9, 2016, 10:28 AM »
Found a case of Wave 3 last night on my way home from work - so I grabbed the Rey/BB-8 out of it since I hadn't picked her up yet. Originally I was only going to get First Order characters, but that darn Poe/Stormtrooper 2-pack prompted me to want to get a set of the heroes, so I'm probably going to order Chewie from Hasbro Toy Shop and also pick up Han when I finally stumble onto that wave.

Not sure if I want to bother with the Guavian Enforcer or Constable Zuvio - I suppose if I pick up a Zuvio, I'd be helping "the cause" hehe

Okay - so in order to get free shipping from Hasbro Toy Shop, I went ahead and picked up the 6" Chewie, Pilot Poe Dameron and Guavian Enforcer figures. I know several locations locally where Zuvio is still hanging around, so I'll pick him up on the way home tonight... Then all I'll need for TFA 6" 'completeness' will be to find Asty, Han, Finn and the Flametrooper as well as pick up one of those big TIEs (still not sure about that one).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:33 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Found an unexpected OT Stormtrooper on the pegs at Walmart and it rang up for only $9...got to love that. Must have been a return or random in-store find.

Still no sign of the Jango wave here.  :(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Went looking for the 3 3/4" exclusive wave at Wal-Mart this morning, and happened across Wave 5 (Han, Jango, FN-2187, Flametrooper) which was a nice surprise. Also found the Emperor's Wrath Vader at Walgreens, so pretty good morning.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Stopped by a Walmart store after work today looking for the Han and Rey 3.75" wave.  Lo and behold I found about 10 of the new 6" Black series First Order Flametroopers. There was a 6" Phasma, but no sign of the rest of the new 6" figures.  It almost looked like this store had received solid cases of the Flametroopers. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2016, 10:14 AM »
I found the Wave 5 6" and there's a lot of reports of this wave hitting heavy. Was the same with wave 3. But no sign of wave 4. How very odd.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2016, 12:57 PM »
We are getting stiffed badly on Wave 5 here...I finally broke down and ordered 2 flame troopers off Amazon this morning.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2016, 03:28 PM »
And of course as soon as I put in the online order I find these in person. Walmart had like 5 cases of this wave out this morning, exactly what I always wanted to see stores do rather than this one measly case at a time nonsense. Props to them for helping me get everything I wanted in one fell swoop.  :)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 2, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Just puttin' this out there...you Minnesota cats seem to be blessed with a lot of Green Helmet Resistance Troopers. I would gladly trade any of the new Wave 5 figures for a greenie, PM me if interested. ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 2, 2016, 01:49 PM »
Just puttin' this out there...you Minnesota cats seem to be blessed with a lot of Green Helmet Resistance Troopers. I would gladly trade any of the new Wave 5 figures for a greenie, PM me if interested. ;)

True, but we are sorely lacking on wave 4 and 5 thus far.   ;)  If I come across another Green Top I'll grab him for you.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 6, 2016, 08:08 AM »
I picked up a 6" First Order Snowtrooper last night.  I also saw the TIE Pilot, but for some reason I keep passing on that particular figure.  Also glad to see that more Rey's, Finns and Kylo Rens are making their way to stores in refresh assortments. 

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 8, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Found another full case of Wave 5 at lunch today, and a variant 2-tone straps Asty plus a single random Snowtrooper Commander @ TRU. Bought all. Yay!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 9, 2016, 08:31 PM »
I picked up the brown helmet version of the Resistance Trooper today.  The figure itself is pretty cool.  But is it me, or do the resistance uniforms look a bit uninspired compared to some of the Rebel uniforms of the OT.

Feedback