Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 207261 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 05:34 PM »
So jealous! That's amazing....I went out searching for these today but there are none in stock yet anywhere locally based on the dpci look-up.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 06:21 PM »
Found the Biker Scout w/ Speeder Bike set at Target today. They're having a BOGO 40% off sale on all toys this week, so was able to get 2 of these for $32 + tax each. Takes a bit of work to get the Scout on the bike properly, but once he's on it makes for a great display. Check the JD Facebook page for a photo ;)

Why is this sale not at every Target?!?  :P I am quite jealous of your haul and discount!  ;D

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Now that's a deal!  Congrats Man!

Thanks JJ! It's a fun set. How you been, ping me sometime.

Greg - both stores in was at today had the same sale. I'd venture the other stores in the asrea are the same.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2014, 10:20 AM »
I picked up the Speederbike set yesterday.  Love it, but there are some disappointments to it:

1. The power cell on mine is not completely circular, as if the piece wasn't completely solid when someone set it down after taking it from the mold.
2. The tarp or sack that sits behind the Scout is too large. It also would have been cool if the straps holding it down were painted a different color to stand out more.
3. Because the tarp/sack is too large, the thrust flaps cannot be opened all the way. At best, they open to about 45%. I wish they could open up completely though for speed instead of 'cruising'.
4. The stand is nice and is design so that you can display the bike at three different heights. I tried the tallest first, but found it difficult to find a balance sweet spot. Also, the long one is thin towards the top that when I tried to adjust the speeders position, it would twist, so I feared snapping that leg off. I ended up using the shortest leg, since having the long and medium on the ground provided the best balance... and I'm happy with that since I'm only buying one of the bikes.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 11:28 AM »
Found the Biker Scout w/ Speeder Bike set at Target today. They're having a BOGO 40% off sale on all toys this week, so was able to get 2 of these for $32 + tax each. Takes a bit of work to get the Scout on the bike properly, but once he's on it makes for a great display. Check the JD Facebook page for a photo ;)

So what's the actual retail on the Speeder bike?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 11:39 AM »
$39.99 although Ive seen reports as high as $48.99
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30 PM »
I got mine at $39.99

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 12:44 PM »
That's what I thought the price might be.  Thanks guys!

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 01:59 PM »
I got mine at $39.99

Ditto.  I forgot they were that much, but if you can find another $40 item they have a BOGO 40% on ALL TOYS this week.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 02:07 PM »
I got mine at $39.99

Ditto.  I forgot they were that much, but if you can find another $40 item they have a BOGO 40% on ALL TOYS this week.

I think it's at select stores.  I saw no kind of advertising regarding that... in the paper or in store.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2014, 03:52 PM »
I got mine at $39.99

I think it's at select stores.  I saw no kind of advertising regarding that... in the paper or in store.

It's definitely widespread in our area.  They had it at Midway, Chan, and Chaska with signs all over the place. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Scored my 6" Stormtrooper at long last.  Made a trade with a long time friend to get this one because to date I have STILL not seen a 6" TBS Stormtrooper in the wild.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 1, 2014, 11:14 AM »
Picked up another 6" Boba Fett @ TRU this morning, got them to price match the $17.99 online price. Looks like they got more of Wave 2 though, not Wave 4. No sign of anything else new there.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 1, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Picked up another 6" Boba Fett @ TRU this morning, got them to price match the $17.99 online price. Looks like they got more of Wave 2 though, not Wave 4. No sign of anything else new there.

That's odd.  My local TRU also restocked with Wave 2 recently... no Boba, but was surprised to see Greedo and Leia when it was just 2 Hans there.  I guess Han needed a Greedo to hang with before the Showdown 2-pack showed up.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 2, 2014, 07:23 PM »
Friend of mine texted me he found the Deluxe sets at a Target across town this morning and stashed one for me. But when I got there to snag it, there was nothing.  :(

As a prideful collector it's hard to let that kind of karmic slap go quietly, so I trekked out to a remote Target way off my usual beaten path immediately afterwards and was able to get them to pull one for me from the back. Thank you, Toy Gods!  :D

Looking forward to opening this up tonight, I already cleared space on a new dedicated shelf in anticipation.