Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 207274 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #60 on: August 4, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Nice grab.  Does it have a good visor plate?  I grabbed one this morning that looks pretty bent up.

In other 6" news, I picked up the W4 Anakin and Clone Trooper at Target this morning.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 4, 2014, 03:09 PM »
This may appeal to no one else, thankfully it only appealed to a couple others online and not very much. May also technically belong in another thread

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:44 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2014, 02:14 PM »
I picked up the Bikerscout! Very excited. The piece is nearly a bonafide work of art; the figure itself is nearly perfect, it doesn't suffer from the stormtroopers quazi-bowleggness and is beautifully detailed. The is pretty bitchen', however, I wish the handle bars had some articulation, and the exhaust petals not having it's full range of motion is disappointing.

Over all, a great display piece. Very sound and satisfying purchase.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2014, 03:18 PM »

Jaina Solo

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:44 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2014, 11:28 AM »
No more Obi-Wans for awhile please. There is still a major glut of them around here. The others will all be hot sellers.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2014, 11:44 AM »
That ROTS Obi-Wan cannot possibly be pegwarming as much as Greedo and Slave Leia.  In fact, near me, Han Solo is approaching pegwarmer status as well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2014, 02:27 PM »
6" Peg Warming in St. Louis: Slave Leia, Greedo, Han, Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke...  4" Peg Warmers: Nothing in most places as there aren't any pegs for them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Here it's Leia Leia Leia, with Greedo a close 2nd.  Han's still not around nearly as much (TRU some, one at any given KM I visit), aside from those TRU Cantina sets of course.

Not much of anything else...  The Deluxe figures are not exactly flying out the door, Scout included, but I'd not call pegwarmer on those yet by any means.  Leia's reigning champ for now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2014, 09:52 PM »
6" Peg Warming in St. Louis: Slave Leia, Greedo, Han, Obi-Wan and Bespin Luke...  4" Peg Warmers: Nothing in most places as there aren't any pegs for them.

This is the exact same as around here. I would feel compelled to make some kind of insinuation about human characters not being as appealing as the other figures, but Greedo messes up that theory.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2014, 12:03 AM »
"Pegwarming" at my stores in Austin:

- Target: Most stores have nothing. The ones that do have 2 Greedos, a Leia and a Han. You can occasionally find an Obi-Wan or a Bespin Luke if they've gotten a new case, and an occasional 3.75 inch figure
- Wal-Mart: All they sell anymore are toy lightsabers, but some stores still have TVC TPM figures with almost 3 years of dust
- TRU: See Target, except they have 10 3.75 inch Biggs figures

The last 2-3 years have really put 2002-2005 to shame
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2014, 08:04 AM »
I think (I hope) my area here in Iowa is particular. Peg warming here:

Target: Anakin, Greedo, 1 Stormtrooper for about five days now.

Wal-Mart: only one case of Wave 3, but has not moved in over a week, including the Stormtrooper.

TRU: Everything is peg warming there, Wave 1-3 except for Boba and the Stormtrooper. They've had a Biker Scout for over a week.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2014, 08:32 AM »
I think (I hope) my area here in Iowa is particular.

I need to come for a visit.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2014, 11:35 PM »
With the 6" logjam around here, I finally broke down and placed an online order for 2X Anakins and 3X Clone Troopers. Even with shipping it came to less than I would have paid at retail anyway.  :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 12:13 AM »
Speaking of log-jams, the local Disney Store is clearancing their stock of Greedos, Hans, and Leias... for $14.99

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2014, 01:19 AM »
I got my Anakins and Clone Troopers today, perfectly packaged and right on time. Just opened them up and start futzing around with them.

Anakin from the neck down is actually a pretty dope figure, I especially like the blend of soft goods and plastic around the waist. I haven't had any trouble posing him or getting him to stay standing either, he can do a pretty wide range of stances. But eesh, that head sculpt is as underwhelming in hand as in photos. I ended up going with the Sith head for display purposes, but neither really seems up to snuff with the other human sculpts so far. And yeah, they both sit too high on the neck.

Clone Trooper is about as expected too, at least for me: solid but unspectacular. It's a nice sculpt, mine is a little loose around the torso but not terrible. The limited range of motion doesn't bother me too much as I sort of consider it to be more or less realistic (figure these guys probably had a hard time moving around in that early gear). I'm thinking I will probably stick with two of these guys and not army build them beyond that. I'm sure there are plenty more iterations in the pipeline starting with the Sergeant anyway.

This is probably my least favorite wave so far, but certainly worth picking up and not terrible efforts overall, just not among their best results in this line to date, IMHO.