Author Topic: 6" Black Series Recent Purchases  (Read 3764 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Recent Purchases
« Reply #60 on: August 4, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Nice grab.  Does it have a good visor plate?  I grabbed one this morning that looks pretty bent up.

In other 6" news, I picked up the W4 Anakin and Clone Trooper at Target this morning.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 4, 2014, 03:09 PM »
This may appeal to no one else, thankfully it only appealed to a couple others online and not very much. May also technically belong in another thread, but my most recent 6" Black Series purchase:

« Last Edit: August 4, 2014, 03:12 PM by GrandMoffNick »
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2014, 02:14 PM »
I picked up the Bikerscout! Very excited. The piece is nearly a bonafide work of art; the figure itself is nearly perfect, it doesn't suffer from the stormtroopers quazi-bowleggness and is beautifully detailed. The is pretty bitchen', however, I wish the handle bars had some articulation, and the exhaust petals not having it's full range of motion is disappointing.

Over all, a great display piece. Very sound and satisfying purchase.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Custom 6" purchase number 2.

Jaina Solo

"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2014, 11:35 PM »
With the 6" logjam around here, I finally broke down and placed an online order for 2X Anakins and 3X Clone Troopers. Even with shipping it came to less than I would have paid at retail anyway.  :)
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 12:13 AM »
Speaking of log-jams, the local Disney Store is clearancing their stock of Greedos, Hans, and Leias... for $14.99

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2014, 01:19 AM »
I got my Anakins and Clone Troopers today, perfectly packaged and right on time. Just opened them up and start futzing around with them.

Anakin from the neck down is actually a pretty dope figure, I especially like the blend of soft goods and plastic around the waist. I haven't had any trouble posing him or getting him to stay standing either, he can do a pretty wide range of stances. But eesh, that head sculpt is as underwhelming in hand as in photos. I ended up going with the Sith head for display purposes, but neither really seems up to snuff with the other human sculpts so far. And yeah, they both sit too high on the neck.

Clone Trooper is about as expected too, at least for me: solid but unspectacular. It's a nice sculpt, mine is a little loose around the torso but not terrible. The limited range of motion doesn't bother me too much as I sort of consider it to be more or less realistic (figure these guys probably had a hard time moving around in that early gear). I'm thinking I will probably stick with two of these guys and not army build them beyond that. I'm sure there are plenty more iterations in the pipeline starting with the Sergeant anyway.

This is probably my least favorite wave so far, but certainly worth picking up and not terrible efforts overall, just not among their best results in this line to date, IMHO.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2014, 02:34 PM »
Just an FYI if any of you have the Kroger grocery chain in your area: they are currently running a Buy 2-Get 1 Free deal on all SW figures, including 20" Black Series. Their prices are a little higher ($21.99) but it still works out to around $15 each which isn't terrible.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 4, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Stopped by a Walgreens after work that had nothing but did encounter a helpful manager who kindly printed out an inventory summary for all the local stores showing any stock for the SW 6" BS. That led me to another nearby store where I was able to get someone to pull a few from the back for me. Apparently around here they are only getting them in groups of 3. I got Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and Jedi Luke.  :)

I have a friend holding on to an extra Proto Boba for me, so now I just need to track down a couple of Black Pauldron Sandtroopers.

Look forward to busting these out tonight!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 4, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Despite the fact I'm sure the same animated deco will be a CVS Pharmacy exclusive announced next week, I picked this up. The color is more vibrant in person.

« Last Edit: September 4, 2014, 09:07 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 5, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Cool custom Nick! Is this from the same guy as your other 6" customs?

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 5, 2014, 02:43 PM »
Cool custom Nick! Is this from the same guy as your other 6" customs?

Same guy as the Vlix.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 7, 2014, 05:04 PM »
I picked up the black pauldron Sandtrooper last night at Walgreen's. He and Vader and Luke were actually sitting on top of another shelf away from the toy aisle with the rest of their overstock. Nice figure, definitely will be adding another one of these guys at some point. I need a break from Walgreens for awhile though.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 8, 2014, 11:57 PM »
Thanks to my cousin in law from Kansas City I was able to add Walgreen's Fett to my 6" Boba Fett collection.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2014, 07:09 AM »
Recieved my 5 Stormtroopers from DST last week, but unfortunately one of them had an ankle joint that was faulty. It moves from side to side, instead of front to back :(

I contacted DST, asked them if they could help me or if I should contact Hasbro instead. Since I don't live in the USA, I really wondered if contacting Hasbro would help. Let me tell ya, Teri from customer service solved the matter in hours. A replacement trooper is on his way to my place as we speak. Awesome work there.