Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208785 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #195 on: October 2, 2015, 05:20 PM »
I hit a few rural Walmarts on a business trip this week and found all five of the wave 1 figures on the pegs.  If you're trying to find these might be worth a little road trip to the country.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 2, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Found the Black Series 6" First Order Elite TIE Fighter at the Clovis, California, Toys R Us this afternoon ;D  Price was $169.99 + tax.  Overall, this thing is massive, highly detailed, and way cool.  I've included a number of photos and review below.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 9, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Found all of Wave 2 minus Phasma (of course) on the pegs at Target over lunch. Only 1/4 local stores had them...the rest just Wave 1 stragglers.

Really happy to have found these but missing 1 always turns out to be a thorn in my side, especially a figure that is going to be in demand as Phasma. I'm going to have to get lucky with the timing on this one, I can tell.

And I'm going to need multiples of the Enforcer, that is one kick ass figure, no question.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2015, 05:47 PM »
The hits (to my wallet) keep coming...picked up 2 Snowtrooper Officers @ TRU this morning.  :)

Went home to cancel my online preorders only to find an email stating they had already shipped. Doh!

Also picked up another Guavian Enforcer at a different Target. Some teenage kid standing in the aisle had Phasma in his hands...ooof. 5 minutes earlier and she would have been mine. I still can't talk about it.  :-[

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2015, 12:57 PM »
Fortune smiled on me again today as I was able to track down Captain Phasma at Target. Must have just put out the fresh case, can't beat that!  ;D

Wave 2 complete!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2015, 05:13 PM »
I picked up the TRU exclusive 6" Snowtrooper Officer.  Gotta love those TRU Rewards, because I got it for $16!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2015, 03:03 PM »
I think that I've sort of caved in on driving all over for these 6" figures...  I recently ordered the Wave 2 and subsequent cases of TFA figures on Entertainment Earth.  While it means I may wait a little longer and pay about $1-$2 more per figure, at least I'll get them in the end - and the extra cost is really covered (if not exceeded) by what I spent on gas driving all over town.  If I happen to come across something in a store, then I'll get it, but its nice having that piece of mind that in the end, I'll get what I want :)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2015, 03:19 PM »
Saw the Poe and Riot Stormtrooper this morning.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:12 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2015, 09:40 AM »
I think that I've sort of caved in on driving all over for these 6" figures...  I recently ordered the Wave 2 and subsequent cases of TFA figures on Entertainment Earth.  While it means I may wait a little longer and pay about $1-$2 more per figure, at least I'll get them in the end - and the extra cost is really covered (if not exceeded) by what I spent on gas driving all over town.  If I happen to come across something in a store, then I'll get it, but its nice having that piece of mind that in the end, I'll get what I want :)

Yeah, I'm burned out on making store runs these days.  Its not like 10 years ago when there was new stuff hitting all the time and less tech to track everything.  You're better off checking stock ahead of time or ordering online, though in cases like the Target 2-pack I think you still need to track them down at the store, right? 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2015, 09:35 PM »
After a lot of driving around the past 2 days to various Gamestops around town, my persistence paid off with the purchase of what is apparently the lone 6" TIE fighter in the greater metro area. They said they only got one in so I figured I'd better jump on it.

Can't wait for the wife to fall asleep so I can sneak this in from my car trunk!  :D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I picked up a 6" Poe Dameron from Amazon this morning.  I just missed getting Captain Phasma.  But the Guavian Enforcer and Constable Zuvio both appear to be in stock from Amazon with Prime shipping.

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Found the new Riot Stormtrooper/Poe Dameron dual-figure pack at Target this morning for the $39.99 price.  Nice set.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2015, 03:46 PM »
Looks like amazon now has 6" figures list at a "regular" price of $21.99.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2015, 04:05 PM »
Looks like amazon now has 6" figures list at a "regular" price of $21.99.

Do you have a link?  Poe, Phasma, and Guavian are all showing up much higher than that...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Wave 2 showed up VERY briefly on Amazon yesterday at $19.99 each.  But they sold out really fast.  The current high pricing is from Amazon Marketplace sellers.  As for the $21.99 price point?  That might be a result of the Black Series selling through so fast, and Amazon may just want to make some more $$$.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:16 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback