Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 207303 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #240 on: December 20, 2015, 11:22 AM »
I found the new TIE pilot and Resistance Trooper this morning.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2015, 07:17 PM »
I also found the new TIE Pilot and Resistance Trooper and picked up an extra Rey figure.  Didn't see the Kylo Ren that's part of this wave 

I rather like the Resistance Trooper, but sadly, its helmet isn't removable... Or rather, you can pull it off but it's not designed to come off as the figure has only a partial head sculpted beneath the helmet.  The facemask on the helmet does lift up, though.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2015, 11:58 PM »
My stores stocked a ton of Phasma's wave before the film opened.  So remnants of that are what I'm seeing mostly, and Constable Bit Part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 26, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Scored the 6" General Hux and regular First Order Snowtrooper at my local WalMart this morning - they did have Asty as well, but I left him since I'm limiting my 6" collection to members of the First Order.

I guess I'm down to just needing the Flame Trooper from the next wave and then I'll be done with 6" collecting unless they have more First Order characters coming down the pike that I'm not aware of...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:46 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2015, 08:35 PM »
Saw this wave today actually.  I wasn't sure whats new or not.  Felt like a lot of 6" turnover last month or so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2015, 02:29 PM »
I found the Hux/Asty/Snowtrooper Wave today too - at Walmart. I was beginning to think we were in some kind of weird toy vortex here, since everywhere else seemed to be getting these at the same time. I really like Asty, the Snowtrooper is sort of meh after getting the TRU exclusive, and Hux' face is just plain weird.

Been a busy few weeks for this line - I love it though!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2015, 02:53 PM »
Picked up the First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper / Poe Dameron 2-pack at Target - not sure what I'm going to do with the Poe figure. Maybe if I see a Rey, I'll pick her up along with one of the many Finn figures that are hanging around to have the set of the three new heroes....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Picked up the First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper / Poe Dameron 2-pack at Target - not sure what I'm going to do with the Poe figure. Maybe if I see a Rey, I'll pick her up along with one of the many Finn figures that are hanging around to have the set of the three new heroes....

After seeing TFA, I found this pack a little inaccurate to what transpired in the movie...  The Riot Control Stormtrooper is accurate, his weapons are accurate, save that Poe didn't fight a Riot Control stormtrooper...  Finn did, while wearing Poe's jacket ;) 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46 AM »

After seeing TFA, I found this pack a little inaccurate to what transpired in the movie...  The Riot Control Stormtrooper is accurate, his weapons are accurate, save that Poe didn't fight a Riot Control stormtrooper...  Finn did, while wearing Poe's jacket ;)

I think there must have been a whole bunch of stuff on Jakku that got cut out.   There must be more scenes with a Riot Control Stormtrooper than the one at Maz's, and there must have been a bunch of stuff with Constable Zuvio.

Agreed this two pack seems very odd considering what was actually released in the theaters. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 2, 2016, 02:44 PM »
Made a flurry of toy runs the past 2 days in the hopes of finding another Snowtrooper and a Hux with better eyes. Ended up finding (and buying) another TIE Pilot, another Asty, and 2 more Shocktroopers. I finally did find a lone Snowtrooper on the pegs at Walmart too, so that was nice.

Apparently there is an "unpainted neck" Snowtrooper variant I need to track down now as well. Both of mine have the proper painted neck.   :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 3, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Finally found (and bought) the Poe/"TR-8R" 2 pack at my local Target... pretty much the only actual Star Wars figures on the pegs if you don't count the 6 inch TIE. Looked to be a fresh case too. For some reason my area hasn't been getting exclusives until really, really late recently.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 5, 2016, 08:42 AM »
SW 6" stuff is on clearance at Gamestop now...I picked up a Han/Tauntaun and Speeder Bike Deluxe set for $15 each. Hard to resist at that price!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 5, 2016, 09:40 AM »
$15 for the Speeder Bike deluxe set?  Nice!  I might have to pick up one more.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 5, 2016, 05:24 PM »
SW 6" stuff is on clearance at Gamestop now...I picked up a Han/Tauntaun and Speeder Bike Deluxe set for $15 each. Hard to resist at that price!

Nice! I know where I'm stopping on the way home tonight!
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 5, 2016, 09:18 PM »
I finally found the last two things I was looking for - a Hux with good eyes and the variant unpainted neck Snowtrooper. Completeness!  ;D