Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208676 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2016, 10:07 AM »
I picked up the brown helmet version of the Resistance Trooper today.  The figure itself is pretty cool.  But is it me, or do the resistance uniforms look a bit uninspired compared to some of the Rebel uniforms of the OT.

The entire costume design of the resistance was uninspired. Looks like everything was made with felt.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2016, 06:23 PM »
Found and purchased the Wave 3 variants of Kylo Ren and Rey at Target this afternoon. The differences are just enough that I don't mind dropping the extra cash for duplicates.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2016, 12:43 PM »
I picked up full cases of Wave 4 (Hux, Asty, Snowtrooper) and Wave 5 (minus Han) at TRU on Saturday taking advantage of their BOGO half off deal. Even with the price increase to $21.99 that is a pretty decent deal.

Just need a Green Helmet Resistance Trooper and I am all caught up!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Even though I stopped buying everything except for Hot Toys stuff I still look at the pegs when i am at the store just to see whats new. This was an interesting sight.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2016, 04:59 PM »
Even though I stopped buying everything except for Hot Toys stuff I still look at the pegs when i am at the store just to see whats new. This was an interesting sight.

That is interesting.  Really, the Finn figure should have been exclusive to just Wave 1 of the 6" figures back in September on Force Friday instead of being a fixture in each wave or revision since.  Would rather they included the FO Stormtrooper as the steady figure in each wave as at least one can "army build" with that one.  Maybe give the figure a new gun or Luke's lightsaber or something to change things up a bit.     

Makes me feel sorry for John Boyega in a way...  I mean, his character in TFA was cool, but he's definitely not popular as an action figure. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: February 17, 2016, 07:48 PM »
Wow did that store get a ****load of 3.75" Wv3!  :o

I bought the LAST Finn (and last 3.75" TBS figure in general) at my store the other day for fodder purposes.

It hit here repeatedly, and multiple cases, but man, we're all sold out.

6" is always backed up to a degree.

The 4" stuff flew off pegs though, almost as soon as it hit.  Even the repacks, which tells me something about who's buying it (IE: Not the old guard).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 17, 2016, 10:34 PM »
I see at least one Poe Dameron there...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2016, 07:12 AM »
It's actually really strange to see an image like that one.  Prior to the release of the movie, Finn figures seemed to sit.  And I will still see his 6" figure linger for a little while now.  But since the movie came out?  Those Finn figures seem to sell through at a steady pace.  In fact, the only Finn besides the 6" version that I see with some regularity at this point is the pack-in figure that comes with the Jakku landspeeder.  And I hardly see ANY 3.75" Black Series figures at all anymore.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2016, 09:46 AM »
That sucks, as I think the 3.75 inch Black Series Finn is the best figure of the set. I have the 6 inch version but haven't opened it but it seems like a decent figure too.

There's only one store locally that has pegs stocked like that, a local TRU that got a million cases of 6 inch Wave 2 but sold out of Phasmas and has everything remaining. This same store doesn't stock 3.75 inch figures, however. All of my other Targets and Walmarts have maybe 1-2 figures if that. Kind of odd to still be seeing the same empty pegs I've been seeing the last 3-4 years even after the popularity of the movie exploded.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2016, 10:40 AM »
There is a Target near me that has about eight six-inch Finn's (and another that has eight Zuvios).  But this certainly isn't the norm. 

Locally the 3 3/4" figures on the pegs are all wave 2 "blink and you'll miss them" characters and the Inquisitor repack.  I never see any heroes on the pegs.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2016, 09:39 AM »
This is just someone moving inventory.  People in my area do that frequently and I have done it on occasion.  They're just snatching up all the Finn from other stores in the area and dumping in one spot to free up the inventory.  Sacrifice one store to keep the other churning through new distribution.  From that wave, I picked up 2x Poe for a spare pilot, 2x Rey to display with and without her headgear, 2x Stormtroopers, and one Finn.  He's the clear pegwarmer of the group.  I'm sure one of the stores near me will have a 6" Zuvio herd in the near future.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2016, 04:21 PM »
This is just someone moving inventory.  People in my area do that frequently and I have done it on occasion.  They're just snatching up all the Finn from other stores in the area and dumping in one spot to free up the inventory.  Sacrifice one store to keep the other churning through new distribution.  From that wave, I picked up 2x Poe for a spare pilot, 2x Rey to display with and without her headgear, 2x Stormtroopers, and one Finn.  He's the clear pegwarmer of the group.  I'm sure one of the stores near me will have a 6" Zuvio herd in the near future.

It could be the case but those pegs have not changed since I saw it the first time. Next time I hit up walmart I will check again and take a picture if it is different or the same.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Found the Han Solo/Flametrooper/Finn (FN-2187) wave this morning on my way into work (finally). I'm all caught up now on my 6" TFA collection until figures like C-3PO w/Red Arm, General Leia & Maz Kanata start showing up.

Still on the fence about whether or not I want to get the Rebels figures in the 6" scale. I just KNOW at some point there will be 3.75" SA versions of the main crew members and probably an updated Ahsoka - but the Kanan, Sabine and Ahsoka 6" figures do look good - it will probably come down to when I see them in person for the first time and whether or not I want to pull the trigger - the only reason I jumped into the 6" TFA line is cause I didn't think we'd get nicely articulated versions of these characters in the 3.75" scale - and so far - we've only gotten five of them (six if you count the re-released 3.75" SA Chewie figure), so there's definitely a chance that one day I'll regret getting any of these 6" figures.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Saw about a dozen Flametroopers and a lone FN-2187 at TRU last night. Passed on everything though, but nice to finally see something new.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 5, 2016, 09:59 AM »
I found a good smattering of Wave 5 figs @ Walgreens last night. Might be worth checking if you still need any of these guys.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy