Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208878 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #285 on: March 6, 2016, 07:58 AM »
I finally picked up the First Order TIE Pilot the other day.  I had some TRU rewards, so I cashed those in with the purchase of the TIE Pilot.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 9, 2016, 10:23 PM »
I picked up a 6" TFA Han Solo online today, and a 6" Jango Fett in the store.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: March 9, 2016, 10:58 PM »
Saw Grumpy Old Men Han for the first time tonight...  One of the nicer figures they've ever made, IMHO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 16, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Found and purchased Han and FN-2187 at Target on the way home from work. Oddly enough, they were the only 6 inch figures on the pegs (besides the Poe/TR-8R set).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Picked up the new Luke Skywalker today (St Louis area).  Also had Kanan and Ahsoka as well but stashed them for a local.  A nice, unexpected surprise while on my search for Resistance Rey.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2016, 03:20 PM »
I picked up 6" Kanan Jarrus at lunch today.  :)

That sounds easy enough but it was actually the culmination of many days' worth of fruitless Brickpicker stalking, Jedi mind-tricking, and driving around from store to store. I can honestly say I have never put in so much effort to find one of these waves. I just have a weird feeling these are all going to be really hard to find, like that Wave 4 that came and went like a thief in the night.

I don't mind so much, it's easier then stalking TRU or Walgreens, but still can be a tiresome exercise. I have stumbled across so many Wave 2 revision cases it's not even funny. And I still have never seen the legendary standalone display that seems to migrate from CD's to clothes to the grocery section. It's like the Castle of the Beast in Krull. After sundown it will pop up somewhere else in the store that I can't find.  :D

Kanan looks awesome BTW. Can't wait to find the others!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Nice score McMetal! 

I'm still missing most of everything from Wave 4 onward.  About the only thing I see stocked infrequently is Wave 5, but its always mostly cleaned out before I can get there.  Wave 3 came and went really quick, and I don't know of anyone locally that saw Wave 4.

I'm getting really tired of hunting for these things.  You can't find these on HTS.com, and the secondary market is off the charts nuts.  $70 on Amazon for a General Hux.  $35 for a Han Solo.

It would be really nice to hear from Hasbro what the heck is going on with this line and where all the product is.  Has it all shipped? Is it stuck in China?  Did they delay Wave 4 so it will come out after Wave 6?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2016, 11:16 PM »
The Snowtrooper are in the new wave so you'll hopefully find that one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2016, 09:05 AM »
I picked up an FN-2187 the other day.  Bit by bit I've been filling in the holes in my 6" Black Series collection.  But I'm wondering if I should have picked up Hux and Atsy when I had the chance.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2016, 10:07 AM »
My buddy found a Kanan for me. Haven't heard of another case of this wave hit this week though. So weird that not one case of the Hux wave hit around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2016, 12:07 PM »
My buddy found a Kanan for me. Haven't heard of another case of this wave hit this week though. So weird that not one case of the Hux wave hit around here.

I found another Kanan and a couple of Snowtroopers yesterday too. That's the 2nd time that has happened to me recently, and this store had just put stuff out. I almost wonder if there is some weird case revision shipping that doesn't include Luke and Ahsoka.

That Hux wave I only ever saw twice I think, once at Walmart and then many weeks later at TRU. That one was really hit or miss. The only waves I've had a harder time finding were the ones with Anakin and the Clone Trooper and that one wave with Bossk. That Hux wave will probably resurface over the summer...hopefully.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Woo hoo! Found Luke and Ahsoka at Target over lunch today. I literally walked in as they were stocking the shelves. Nothing on the pegs but I spied an opened box of SW 6" on the floor and sure enough it was Wave 6.  ;D  I guess they were planning to put them back in the stockroom since there was no room on the pegs with all those Finns and Resistance Trooper with Not Green Helmets chilling there. Talk about great timing though, I was super happy.

Looking forward to a nice long break from storehunts. At least until Starkiller Rey starts hitting...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Spotted Tatooine Luke and Kanan at Target yesterday but passed since I'm going on a vacation for a few days and need the cash. I thought it was weird that there was just those two from the wave... similar to when I found Han and FN-2187 a few weeks ago. I guess my store is either putting out half cases since the pegs are full of Zuvios?

Either way I was able to give a heads up to a buddy who wound up picking up the Kanan. I'm eyeing just ordering a case of that wave online.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24 AM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 5, 2016, 10:49 AM »
I finally snagged a Green Helmet Resistance Trooper off eBay for $10. All caught up again.