Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 207290 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #330 on: October 11, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Just recently started hitting up the toy aisles again, took a nice break after Force Friday but was curious to see if any stores were restocking yet or not. Definitely not a whiff of any Death Troopers anywhere.

But one of our local Targets did restock with a fresh case of Wave 1 today, and they even still had the Death Trooper when I got there. Good times.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2016, 08:52 AM »
I picked up a second 6" Black Series Death Trooper from Amazon.  At the $15.99 price it was tough to pass up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2016, 04:42 PM »
The TFA TIE Fighter got down to $69 on Amazon today.  Against my better judgement I ordered one and am going to hang it up at my office.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2016, 05:54 PM »
Gamestop (and ThinkGeek storefronts) have the First Order TIE Fighter for $49.97.  I saw one at the ThinkGeek location near me.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Two different Targets near me got in fresh cases of the Ahsoka Revision wave, the one with Jango. Interestingly, they rang up under the old 3953 DPCI. But at full price. So now they essentially have two active numbers for the same line.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Managed to find a single TRU exclusive Hovertank Trooper just now.  I get the feeling that some more are going to turn up in significant numbers, but these really seem to be scarce right now. 

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Nice...my TRU just keeps putting out more Snowtrooper Officers.  >:(

I did pick a brand new 6" Rey & BB-8 (sans lightsaber) today at ROSS for $8.99. That was pretty cool.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2016, 08:24 PM »
So I was looking at the Rey and BB-8 I bought earlier today at Ross and damned if this doesn't look like a legit variant to me.

I have all three previous versions of Rey and BB-8 (original release, retouched version, and the one with the lightsaber) and this one looks distinct from all of them. Not so much Rey, although there are a few subtle differences with her, but definitely BB-8.

This latest one has a much heavier grey wash on his dome, and conversely, none at all on the body. Literally just silver and orange apps on a pure white body. I haven't taken him out of the box yet but it is obvious at even a casual glance. Very interesting.

Maybe these were some leftovers or rejects from a previous factory or something, odd that they would be showing up randomly at ROSS, but a pleasant surprise to me.

I will try to line em all up and take a picture for comparison, if anyone cares.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #338 on: October 27, 2016, 02:27 AM »
I'd be curious to see it. I saw what I'd call an intermediate version of these last fall, between the force Friday version and wave 3 repaint. BB-8 had a detailed dome but not detailed body.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2016, 10:39 AM »
I was able to get a second Hovertank Trooper this morning.  And I think 2 x 6" figures like that will do when it comes to any kind of army building for me.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Just saw about 8 of them at the TRU on Western Ave in Bucktown Chicago.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2016, 10:58 AM »
I got only Foursingle 6 inch figures:
Finn
Unmasked Kylo Ren
Rey (Jakku)
Rey (Starkiller Base)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2016, 11:46 PM »
I picked up another Death Trooper from Target today to round out my squad of five. They had the 6" figures on sale for a dollar off.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 1, 2016, 08:22 AM »
Visited a small retailer called "Ryan's Toy Connection" in Bakersfield, CA over the weekend where I picked up part of the Rogue One Black Series Wave 2 assortment, including Krennic and Scarif Stormtrooper.  Both are awesome figures and Krennic has to be one of my most favorites in the 6" Black Series line to date.  He looks menacing and stunning in his white uniform and cape 8) 

For anyone on the west coast traveling through California, Ryan's Toy Connection is worth the stop if you come by on a day when they're open...  It is a small store filled floor to ceiling with just about every action figure you can imagine, including a room with hundreds of Star Wars figures and vehicles.  Prices can be high, but then that is expected for a mom-and-pop type establishment...  Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Ryans-Toy-Connection-148095805211958/
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 2, 2016, 08:31 PM »
I picked up a Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtrooper at 2 different Ross' today. Like the Rey I bought previously, these both have some kind of funky foreign packaging. Lots of Russian and Arabic fine print. They also both have some minor differences in deco - kylo's unpainted lightsaber hilt for example. Interesting, they're not as crude as your typical bootleg figures, but they seem to lack the finer details of the retail versions here.

Gotta love the $8.99 price tag though!