Author Topic: The "I Don't Play With My Toys... I Pose Them" Thread  (Read 6311 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The "I Don't Play With My Toys... I Pose Them" Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 2, 2013, 10:50 PM »
I'm having entirely too much fun with Mara Jade.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2013, 12:03 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 2, 2013, 11:25 PM »
Saw your headswap Jayson...  Looking to pick that up myself with a 2nd Mara.

I've seen many enjoying 2-handed poses for their Jedi, but I'm more of a "crouched" pose guy for Jedi, one hand out in a force pose type dealio, and the saber behind and slightly raised for a pimp slap.

I've achieved some pretty awesome battle poses with Jedi since they, in particular, can be made look acrobatically awesome.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: October 3, 2013, 12:07 AM »
Yeah, there is a second head swap for Mara which is probably more in keeping with her character. Again, using a Marvel figure (with some mods)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2013, 05:25 PM »
And both head swaps look better than the head Mara comes with.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Not a fan of "windswept hair" look...  Too actiony for me.  I'm trackign down that other head one way or another though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25 PM »
I just found this section and laughed because this is the literal definition of my relationship with my action figures (No, dammit, don't call them dolls, they're collectibles!)

I'm having a lot of fun posing the 6 inch figures in really dynamic poses - right now Maul looks like he could have been taken out of a frame from his duel and Han is doing the half-turned, shooting and running pose.

Oh, and I just got the 30th Anniversary Mustafar panning droid from eBay the other day. Obviously you can imagine how much freakin fun it is posing Ani and Obi fighting on that thing.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 03:41 PM »
I posed a scanner technician so both his ankles were as bent far forward as they could be, and his knees bent as far down as possible, and then his hips...

And he either looks like he's taking a dump, or going to jump from that position as far as he can like in athletic performance tests.

I wanted to just see how low he'd crouch and that figure's impressive in its range of motion for the legs.

The arms, however, are not perfect...  I love that figure, don't get me wrong, but he can barely hold a blaster with 2 hands due to there not being a good range of movement left/right at the elbow joints from some fabric folds in his sculpt.  Other figures suffer from that and sometimes the slightest cut away of plastic can make all the difference.

Also just hit me that the "new" Imperial Officer, Scanner Techs, and about a billion other figures have swappable heads...  I knew the Officer and Techie did from early reports, but it's the same size head as the Naboo Trooper, Fleet Trooper, Hoth Troopers, etc.  Let the diversity begin....  so long as you have a ton of little black hats, I guess.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 04:05 PM »
Yeah, tons of little black hats....everyone has.

Reminds me.

How come China grey market sellers rarely  have accessories?

How come no one custom casts accessories like that? Or am I out of the loop?

There's a few "super articulated" figures with not-so-great elbow movement. Hoth Han comes to mind.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Yup, they made a big divet so he gets a nice tight pose upward, but it basically won't let him move his arm left/right at the elbows to any great effect.

China sellers I've found usually have overproduction junk...  Well not usually, but in the line of stuff, they aren't always sure what accessory goes with what even.  They'll sometimes just throw something random in even, to fill it out a little, but others research and find out what a figure requires.

I'd love a cheap accessory source for good, in-demand pieces, but at fair prices...  Casting in resins usually doesn't come out to a fair price by most people's standards.   :-\