Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Class I Vehicles  (Read 15110 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Star Wars Rebels - Class I Vehicles
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:08 PM »
The Rebels Teaser video has me giddy...  I need that ATPT!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:38 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Rebels - Class I Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Make some Rebel hover tanks that take forever to kill anything but are well shielded.  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Ok so that wasn't an ATPT but very similar.  Say its much larger tho.

I still dig it tho and want it but not Class I...  Should Class I make a comeback. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:43 PM »
Based on how much Rebels seems to be borrowing from Kenner (small wing TIE, Troop Transport), wouldn't it be neat to see them use some of the Kenner mini-rigs in the show so that Hasbro could get us updated versions of them in a new Class I type line?

I'd love to see an updated INT-4, AST-5, ISP-6, or MTV-7 make their way into the show...   :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Based on how much Rebels seems to be borrowing from Kenner (small wing TIE, Troop Transport), wouldn't it be neat to see them use some of the Kenner mini-rigs in the show so that Hasbro could get us updated versions of them in a new Class I type line?

I'd love to see an updated INT-4, AST-5, ISP-6, or MTV-7 make their way into the show...   :D

+1

Those vintage mini-rigs were pretty cool.  But if Hasbro cooked something up in conjunction with the Lucas Animation design people?  Oh, these could be really nice!  I liked some of the Clone Wars mini-rigs, and I think some OT era mini-rigs would be awesome.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 02:52 PM »
I use MLC-3's in my nerdy little Star Wars world...  outdated little infantry support tanks, kinda like the "Bren Carrier" the brits used in World War 2.

Old maybe predating even the Clone Wars, but functional and cheap.

I even take them beat up at toy shows, like $3 a piece, and clean them up, paintjob...

So yeah I'd LOVE to see some mini-rigs pop up just for the hell of it. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Class I Vehicles
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 05:15 PM »
If the rumor reports and teases are correct, we should have our first Class I Vehicle/Figure set sourced from Star Wars Rebels... don't get too excited, it's just a recycled/repainted Clone Wars Class I vehicle.

I'm still hoping they get around to giving us one of those Imp Speeder Bike/Swoops with the cargo pod trailer thingy they spent so much time stealing in Season 1.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Yeah, but a HARD TO FIND one at least. Make some folks happy.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 09:01 PM »
What is it, seriously? :)

Edit: NM, I see it was the Scout Bomber, good choice.

At least Kanan has a new head sculpt.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:47 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 1, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I've got to say, I'm a little annoyed by the different head sculpt on Kanan in the Class I vehicle set.  I think the Y-Wing Scout Bomber was one of the cooler offerings at the tail end of the Clone Wars era.  But if we're going to see it reissued, how about some new deco?  Or a different pack-in figure?  And to do Kanan with a headset?  It just comes across a little weak.

This set also hints at something else.  That being that we're probably unlikely to get a Ghost vehicle in the 3.75" line.  If Hasbro is offering up a previously made vehicle with REBELS characters that has had NOTHING AT ALL to do with that TV series?  It makes me think that they feel a need to offer up more vehicles for hero characters in addition to the Phantom.  All told, the Phantom can hold two figures, maybe three.  So where does the rest of the Ghost's crew go?

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 1, 2015, 02:58 PM »
I believe the Scout Bomber was tweaked in both deco and design this time around. I never opened mine but I heard they addressed that weird gap in the back, or did something to the droid socket.

I agree it doesn't look good for the Ghost right now but man, that would be such a shame. It would be a great addition to the line if done right. Maybe now that they have been confirmed for a Third Season it might make it out of the parking lot next year.

There are still plenty of small ships they need to do, like the Imperial Speeder Bike. It's like they lost their whole budget or something. Disappointing.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 1, 2015, 05:39 PM »
IIRC, from the review at Jeditemplearchives says
the droid socket is changed for Chooper (platform for his short legs, guess that means other astromechs won't fit?), the back end is closed, the cockpit inside redesigned, probably to accommodate 5 POA figures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 1, 2015, 08:23 PM »
the droid socket is changed for Chooper (platform for his short legs, guess that means other astromechs won't fit?), the back end is closed, the cockpit inside redesigned, probably to accommodate 5 POA figures.

On principle alone I won't read that review.  The incessant whining and bitching at that site make it impossible to read without being overcome by a strong urge to put my fist through the computer monitor. 

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 2, 2015, 08:52 AM »

My son has this one... The back panel on this ship comes off, and the floor of the droid socket can slip out.  This slip-out is used to raise the floor for Chopper to fit properly.  Removed, standard astromechs sit fine. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TFA 3.75
« Reply #14 on: December 3, 2015, 12:30 PM »
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 12:55 PM by Jeff »