Collectibles > Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles

<< < (17/18) > >>

Dave:
Finally cracked open my Imperial Troop Transport.  Overall I think its a pretty solid toy for $20.

Its solid and sturdy, so it won't break while playing with the kids.  The spring loaded missiles work just fine and figures fit in there perfectly.  Sure its a little short and figure's heads stick out over the top, but its not that bad for a toy.  At least figures can sit in the vehicle to "drive" it.  I like the internal spots for holding guns and stuff too.

My only two gripes are that I hate putting on tiny, tiny little stickers.  I wish they would either leave them out of the design, or find a way to paint them on.  And it would have been nice to have rolling wheels on the bottom.  Ultimately I understand that wheels were probably omitted to save on the cost, but it would be fun to be able to roll the vehicle across the floor.

I would definitely recommend picking up this toy if you ever come across it.  I got mine from HTS, and have never seen one in a store.

GrandMoffNick:
I'm with you Dave. Wheels would have been nice. I lost a mini decal while trying to tweezer it on. But otherwise I like it. Another toy I can't see where all the hate is coming from.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: GrandMoffNick on April 25, 2015, 03:23 PM ---I can't see where all the hate is coming from.
--- End quote ---

It's pretty much coming from it not being 100% like the vintage Kenner toy I imagine.  Doors aren't the same, it's smaller, no wheels, no electronics, etc etc. 

Like the rest of this line, these new ships are nice for what they are - cheap, small, and simple.  But, if you'd need anything beyond that, you'll probably be disappointed.

Qui-Gon Jim:
I don't mind the updated design, but seeing the size was a bummer for me.

Jesse James:
For me, that's some of it, but I never really cared one way or the other on the Vintage ship comparatively to this one...  I just wanted something superior than what we got, ultimately. 

It's basically stamped low-grade plastic, at this point, for $25.  On this particular vehicle it's taken to what felt like a bit of an extreme too, with the two seat thing going on.  It doesn't have a "floor" to speak of, so you can basically just set a couple figures in it.  A lot of what feels like wasted space then taking a bottom out of the equation.

I felt the lack of rolling wheels was a huge disappointment.  Again, no floor, not really as easy to do that either.  The weapons don't move much, and it inhibits it somewhat. 

And of course, it's a fair bit small...  Just all around disappointing.  I was pleased to have gotten it for $20 shipped, but anything more at a store and I'd have returned it once I saw how disappointing it was.  To me it just sucks.  I thought the AT-DP sucked too.

If the transport were more of a box than just basically 2 seats, I'd probably have given it a little more love.  That's where, compared to the vintage one, i think it probably failed the most, to me.  The wheels would be a close 2nd too though.

I liked the TIE Advanced somewhat.  The Phantom I never picked up, so I'm indifferent on it.  I found the TIE kind of fun though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version