Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles  (Read 26171 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Star Wars Rebels - Class II Vehicles
« on: October 12, 2013, 07:10 PM »
A smaller line of ships isn't my cup of tea but could a Stormtrooper transport make this line?  What else?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:39 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Rebels - Class II Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 07:17 PM »
What size is class 2 now?

Midget X-wing?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:18 PM by Scockery »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:41 AM »
There's been specific mentions of several Imperial vehicles thus far. 

-Star Destroyer
-AT-DP (All Terrain Defense Pod)
-TIE Fighters
-Imperial Transport (based on the Kenner vehicle)

I'd say that 3 of the 4 are pretty likely candidates. A Star Destroyer toy is just out of the question unless its ludicrously scaled down.  As for the Imperial Transport? I wonder if the Kenner tooling is still available in Hasbro's inventory?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:24 AM »
The tooling probably still is around given how we saw pretty much everything else, but this version appears different enough to require a new sculpt. It would be pretty cool to see.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 04:30 PM »
When and where did they mention the troop transport?

Never mind I found it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:32 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 11:52 PM »
This seems very doable in this scale...  I really wish they'd go to $30 vehicles and just do ones that are back to the old size(s) though.  I get why they're not...  Things don't sell at $30.  It's like figures don't do so hot at $10.  But new meat...  Surely they can do $25 and make the most out of the Rebels line while they can.

The AT-DP looks like it would fit well in a $25-$30 line too...  Those current ships in Class-II are dismal though, honestly.  I wouldn't even touch them for fodder.

I'd hate to see half-assed attempts at things like the AT-DP done for Rebels...  I'd rather pay more and get something awesome.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 10:42 PM »
I'd hate to see half-assed attempts at things like the AT-DP done for Rebels...  I'd rather pay more and get something awesome.

In the case of Rebels - the half-assed attempts come first (under-scaled $20 vehicles, 5POA figures) - then four years later, a few awesome Rebels items will be released (maybe one nice signature vehicle and some Vintage/Black-Series style figures).

It will follow the same pattern as the Clone Wars, the only difference was that the Clone Wars was given a good run, I don't see Rebels getting half of what the Clone Wars did - it's going to rapidly be overshadowed by a new movie.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Yeah exactly - if the new movie does come out in May 2015, rebels will get all of one quarter to make a splash. Which opens up a question of what the line in general looks like going forward. Heavily segmented? Rebels, VII, black series, legends, angry whatever? Or more limited in scope?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Rebels - Vehicles
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 01:58 PM »
AT-DP and TIE Advanced Confirmed!  inquisitor flies an Advanced...  guess maybe Vader's ship isn't as advanced as once thought?

AT-DP I'm hopeful on it being really nice. :)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebels - Vehicles
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Man oh man I am so excited for this thing:

I guess this is the AT-DP? Anyway, this was one of my favorite designs when I played Galactic Battlegrounds on the PC waaaaaaay back when I was a kid. I was excited when I saw Rebels was using it in the show last year, but I really didn't expect a good looking toy like this to be made. I'm stoked!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 03:12 PM »
Uh, holy ****, yes.  Seconded on that Greg.  I'm gonna pick up a few of those.  A concept art design used throughout the EU, now in the toon, and getting what looks to be one hell of a nice toy?

Yeah, I'll be buying several...  Squads of them.  Custom up some planet-specific decoes.  I'm already thinking of how I'll stowage up some long-deployment ones.  I love it.

Looks surprisingly tall.

That TIE next to it?  A freakish little new design TIE?  I'm in.  Scale's debatable on things like that anyway. :)  I like the new design look to it.  Reminds me of concept art for TIE Fighters actually, which had the squat wing design.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 04:22 PM »
I may not care for the figures but I'm on board here.  Doesn't look like much in the articulation game but love the design + it's a walker (not a zombie)....and it harkens back to OT.  yay
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:23 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Just a quick note that the box shown there is a mock up and the TIE that is coming is the one that is loose and not the one on the package. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 06:00 PM »
I thought they may do both, but an under-sized winged TIE wasn't something I was into...  THAT TIE however, reminds me a lot of early TIE designs...  I'm interested there I think, but the AT-DP?  My oh my that thing looks better every time I look at it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender