Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - 5 POA Animated Style Figs  (Read 27528 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels - 5 POA Animated Style Figs
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28 AM »
My kids are now 7, 4, and 4 and I'm hoping to get them a little hooked on Star Wars though the new Rebels series.  Clone Wars was way too dark for them so I didn't let them watch it.

I expect to buy all the toys, bust them open, and see if the kids start digging Star Wars. 

I've got hundreds (who are we kidding? thousands) of OT/PT figures and ships in my basement waiting to be opened and played with.  I think my wife will think I'm loony if I I'm playing with toys without the kids...  ::)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 6, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Anybody have any idea when the Rebels figures are supposed to start hitting?  It seems a shame that there are no figures (other than the TRU pack) available with the release of this cartoon series.

The kids and I watched the show over the weekend and they loved it.  Too bad I can't easily buy them any toys associated with this.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: October 6, 2014, 12:18 PM »
Anybody have any idea when the Rebels figures are supposed to start hitting?  It seems a shame that there are no figures (other than the TRU pack) available with the release of this cartoon series.

The kids and I watched the show over the weekend and they loved it.  Too bad I can't easily buy them any toys associated with this.

I've heard rumblings of product pushed to Nov.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 6, 2014, 01:03 PM »
Yeah, it was a bad sign when many etailers weren't even taking pre-orders on the basic Rebels/Legends figures until last week...  and most of those etailers have a November arrival date now.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 6, 2014, 01:05 PM »
They didn't seem to have a problem getting those ****** rebels Command figures into stores ahead of time.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: October 6, 2014, 01:28 PM »
They didn't seem to have a problem getting those ****** rebels Command figures into stores ahead of time.  ::)

Cheap to grind out en masse and more profit per piece. Not that they are selling all that well, at least in my area.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 6, 2014, 02:18 PM »
I think its a huge miss to mix these in with Legends figures for the "launch", especially considering its going to be some time before these get to retail.

In my opinion they should have had a case of Rebels figures available now, along with the ships, role play, and everything else Rebels.  Maybe after the first wave they could have mixed these in with Legends figures, but I think its going to be tough for your average mom shopping at Target to come up with these figures before Christmas.

I hope they've got battle packs or some other dedicated packs of these coming for the kids for the holiday season.

I had hoped to get my kids a bit hooked on this series and action figures, but by the time the figures come out the novelty of the show will have worn off.  They better have a damn good show to hold kids attention for 2-3 months.

Hasbro missed a great opportunity to kick-start their fan base with a new product line.  And they wonder why Lego is eating their lunch and their revenues are tanking.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 6, 2014, 02:19 PM by Dave »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 6, 2014, 02:40 PM »

Cheap to grind out en masse and more profit per piece. Not that they are selling all that well, at least in my area.

+1

They're a different egg, probably made in a completely separate factory.  Action figures take a bit more and a different production process I'd wager.  I wouldn't be shocked if COmmand's produced where vehicles are, actually.  More similar construction aside from the figures.

I was just thinking how "soft" things were for Rebels at retail.  I went to TRU and there was really nothing...  Then again, how much lead time did LFL give to Hasbro to develop any of this?  Figures take time.

I can't imagine Rebels did as well as TCW in terms of ratings either.  TCW had the film to launch it, and there was just a lot going on.  This feels very different.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2014, 03:47 PM »
I can't imagine Rebels did as well as TCW in terms of ratings either.  TCW had the film to launch it, and there was just a lot going on.  This feels very different.

With TCW, it seemed like LFL was looking for "the next big thing" for Star Wars.  With SWR, it seems like Disney is just looking for a bridge to the next big thing - Episode 7. 

Rebels just seems like Disney's way to get kids introduced to OT things - TIE Fighters, Stormtroopers, The Empire, etc.  That's why it won't surprise me if teenage Princess Leia or young Han Solo and Chewbacca end up on this show so kids learn who they are and what "the rebels" are all about to get them primed for Episode 7.  Even a trip where Kanan has to visit Obi-Wan on Tatooine and Ezra "accidentally" runs into 13-yr old Luke on an adventure wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, I agree that Hasbro/Disney are missing the boat by not having a bunch of stuff ready for Rebels launch... but I always kinda got the sense that Disney/Hasbro was happy to miss this boat (putting Rebels figures in with Legends figures...  again seeding the kids with OT stuff) while they construct the SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA-SHIP they will be launching this time next year. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2014, 12:52 AM »
... Ezra "accidentally" runs into 13-yr old Luke on an adventure wouldn't surprise me.

Kind of like the Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars episode.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 7, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Didn't we already kind of see Chewie and Lumpy in the SWR "movie"?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: October 7, 2014, 02:01 PM »
I REALLY don't want those cameos...  Leia, at most, would be ok I guess.  Perhaps some mild interaction with OWK, but Luke?  No.  Han?  No.  No No No No NO!

I just don't want any of that crappola going on.

Some Bounty Hunters would be ok to me too I suppose, but I don't need to see a young Lando showing up or anything. 

Which means all that probably will happen.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 7, 2014, 03:47 PM »
Didn't we already kind of see Chewie and Lumpy in the SWR "movie"?

According to Wookieepedia the parent/child Wookiees were Wullffwarro and Kitwarr.

My four year old son asked me if that was Chewbacca and I had to go look it up.  I had assumed if it was Chewbacca they would have made it clear.  Plus Chewie was supposed to have been rescued by Han, but I guess he could be caught and rescued multiple times.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 7, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Damn. I was hoping it was Lumpy. I was cheering for the stormtrooper during that scene. I was half expecting the stormtrooper to shoot Kitwarr in the back or at least stun him but i guess that would have been a little dark for a kids show. I mean what is the stormtrooper going to do when he catches the wookiee? Carry him back over his sholder? It's like chasing a small bear cub.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: October 7, 2014, 07:11 PM »
They were both referenced by name in the show IIRC?  I know Kitwarr was.