Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 58960 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2015, 01:09 AM »
I think when they are marking the clearance the stuff gets bounced around a little.  They probably toss it in a cart (damage), then toss something else on top of it (damage), then slap it around while they put that red clearance sticker on (damage) before carefully placing it in a perfect front facing and orderly spot on the shelves.  Then some kid rifles through and knocks them on the ground (damage).  The 3 I got this weekend were in pretty good shape.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Crazy clearance sales at Walgreens stores. They were priced pretty high before, but phase 2 TBS 3.75" figures are being clearanced out for $1.38 each.  I picked up another of the ROTJ R5 units. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Crazy clearance sales at Walgreens stores. They were priced pretty high before, but phase 2 TBS 3.75" figures are being clearanced out for $1.38 each.  I picked up another of the ROTJ R5 units.

Nice! I'm hitting a bunch on my way home.

And yet, for some reason they refuse to put the GoT figures on clearance despite the fact these have been gethering dust for months now.  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2015, 02:21 PM »

Thanks for the tip, Nick.  I hit a few today at lunch but didn't find any left at my closest three Walgreens.  :(

And yet, for some reason they refuse to put the GoT figures on clearance despite the fact these have been gethering dust for months now.  ::)

They were 40-60% off at the stores I hit today...  well, I should say Tyrion was, since he was the only one I saw.  About $8-9 each for the most part.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55 PM »
I picked up a Vizam,  R5-D4, and Yoda for $1.19 each after hitting a few different Walgreens. Most of the locations had none at all. Glad to have found what little I did.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Site-wide free shipping at Hasbro Toy Shop TODAY and TOMORROW only.  Use promo code SummerFS.

Legal stuff:
Free Standard Shipping on HasbroToyShop.com orders of most products currently for sale on HasbroToyShop.com. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer excludes purchases of HasbroToyShop.com exclusives. Other exclusions may apply. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer may expire or be withdrawn without notice due to error, fraud, or unforeseen circumstances. Offer valid in U.S. only. Void where prohibited. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. Offer expires August 21, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
©2015 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 7, 2015, 06:00 AM »
TRU stores are running a BOGO sale on TFA 3.75" figure packs.  The deal is Buy one, get one 40% off.

From the wording on the peg tags I think this promotion includes 3.75" basic figures and the Armor Up assortment.  And IIRC this sale is running through 9/12.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2015, 07:48 PM »
Toys R Us has two Battle for Endor sets marked down to around $60 each.

Sounds good? Too bad someone took all the Imperial figures out of one and all the imperials and Han Solo out of the other one.
I wonder was it theft or did they actually take them back as returns?

Arguably still decent if you wanted the other contents, I guess, considering the going rate of new items.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 2, 2015, 07:47 PM »
I saw an imperial officer plus 3 different clone types, rex, wolfe and some other green bikerlike guy at Gamestop. I wasnt aware of these. starange helmets for rex and wolfe SAC though was cool!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Black Friday looks to be a non-event for SW stuff this year. I've read all the ads (Walmart, TRU, Target, Gamestop, Walgreens, etc) and the only thing it appears we will see deals on are the 12" , 20" and 31" figures.

I guess Kohls has basic figures for $8.99, but I can't tell if its the Armor Up or BAW stuff. I guess neither of those is very appealing anyway.

I wish I lived in Canada because up there you will be able to get 6" SW figures for $10 a piece at Walmart. I would kill for a deal like that here.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2015, 04:29 PM »
I wish I lived in Canada because up there you will be able to get 6" SW figures for $10 a piece at Walmart. I would kill for a deal like that here.

Trust me, one deal like this does not make up for the rest of the Third World-like supply and pricing issues we normally have.  That $10 deal only applies to the last 2 waves of 6" figures from the pre-TFA waves.

Our dollar is in the ******* so you can add 35% to any online purchases and international shipping has gone through the roof.  /rant  ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:29 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2015, 05:33 PM »
One decent deal I've seen is for the Disney Infinities Star Wars packs.  50% off at Target.  There might be other deals at other stores for this as well, but I haven't looked to hard yet.  Still trying to find a good Battlefront bundle with a new console as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2015, 06:06 PM »
LOL @ Jesse.  I knew that was coming. :)

I picked up quite a few TFA 4" figures for BOGO last week at Dollar General...  Most stores were picked clean but one out of the way store had some, and another had (oddly) 3 figures, 2 of which were a stormie and flametrooper.  As figures I can ultimately articulate easily enough that was cool.

The other store had a Finn/Rey which I'd not bought (no real interest) but for $4, sure!  Rey's pack is slick, and Finn, besides articulation, is nice.

Star Wars is so hot this year, I wouldn't count on many great deals.  No clue why Dollar General went zany with a BOGO when they weren't keeping things in stock well anyway, but hey, it worked.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2015, 05:53 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but i don't think any one saw it. Cracked me up so i figured someone would get a kick out of this. This is on the shelf at my local walmart at full price.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Some Star Wars Black Series deals in EE's Black Friday sale...  some nice army builders in that $105 Wave 7 case.  Better deal than $13 each anyway. :P