Author Topic: Upcoming or unreleased Black Series items?  (Read 16326 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Upcoming or unreleased Black Series items?
« on: October 30, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Apologies in advance for this pic-heavy post. I found a bunch of interesting Star Wars listings on Hasbro's Customer Service page. Here are screen shots:

There is a mix of unknown and revealed/available listings above. I have no idea if the unknown listings are for upcoming Black Series products or cancelled AOTC/ROTS 3D items. They seem like recent listings based on numbering (A####).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Upcoming or unreleased Black Series items?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:23 PM »
Wow Greg!  Thanks man.

:)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 03:26 PM »
Wow Greg!  Thanks man.

:)

No problem. Feel free to use the info on the front page if you want to.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Done and working on more. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Done and working on more. :P

I might have a few more things to post later on. Nothing new, but likely cancelled items.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 04:15 PM »
Cool beans...  I tried to dissect it a bit.  Interesting lists for sure.  Some is clearly new...  some, very difficult to tell. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 04:28 PM »
Man, so much info in there to process...  going to take a while for folks to flesh out what's new, what's cancelled, what's old.  Lots of digging through item numbers in our future I think.

I'm most intrigued by the vehicle listings, like:
SW EpVI A Wing Fighter with Han Solo A1932

Will be a long wait to find out if they're 3.75" scale or something else - Jedi Force, a return to Action Fleet, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 04:29 PM »
There are a couple interesting things in there.  Seems like a pretty ambitious list compared to what Hasbro's done lately.  Some of them make sense for showing up in the Rebels show but some of the Saga listings don't, not with only a year (basically) left before Hasbro needs to cut back some to launch a new film line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 04:30 PM »
I tried a rundown on the front page, as best I could do quickly, so if anyone wants to check it out it's the top story on the front page right now.

There is some insanely cool sounding stuff in there...

Snowspeeder with Luke?  A-Wing with Han?  Sounds like an upcoming assortment of ships/figures (exclusives?) going somewhere. :)  If it's a Han in an A-Wing outfit, as weird as that would be, I'd be very into it for no real reason.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Man, it's crazy to watch this spread like wildfire across the internet.  I see some people not READING our forums/front page and just taking everything on the lists as NEW NEW NEW!!!!!  It's pretty obvious that these lists are a mix of A) stuff that's already been released, B) stuff we know has been cancelled, and C) stuff that *might* or *might not* be coming.

I downloaded the entire list from Hasbro's CS page (over 2700+ items!) and there are a LOT of things that are obviously cancelled items - like all these AMP'd things:
SW AMPD X-WING VS TIE FIGHTER PK 38714
SW AMPD JEDI STARFIGHTER PACK 38544
SW AMPD EPIII ANAKIN FIGHTR VULTRE DROID A0705
SW AMPD ACTION FIGURE VEHICLE AST A0852
SW AMPD ACTION FIGURE ASST A0855
SW AMPD AAT PACK 39605

And there are other things that we know for fact Hasbro mocked-up and then cancelled when they couldn't find a partner, like the Funeral Pyre Vader, which is buried in there -
SW VADER FUNERAL PYRE 91578

So, does that mean Funeral Pyre Vader is back on?  Or is he stll cancelled?  No idea.  Just take the list, speculate and enjoy.  Make it fun.  Don't take it as gospel or you're just setting yourself up for disappointment down the road. ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Man, it's crazy to watch this spread like wildfire across the internet.  I see some people not READING our forums/front page and just taking everything on the lists as NEW NEW NEW!!!!!  It's pretty obvious that these lists are a mix of A) stuff that's already been released, B) stuff we know has been cancelled, and C) stuff that *might* or *might not* be coming.

I downloaded the entire list from Hasbro's CS page (over 2700+ items!) and there are a LOT of things that are obviously cancelled items - like all these AMP'd things:

I tried to emphasis that what I posted was possibly upcoming, but I guess people are just anxious for news.

Also, where/how did you download the lists? I was feeling all smart with my screen caps, but now I'm right back to technologically inferior.  ;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:18 PM »
Yeah, right TOR and post-ROTJ stuff....this is obviously Hasbro's Halloween prank.

Battle Droid 2-Pack? Hysterical.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 08:57 PM »

Also, where/how did you download the lists? I was feeling all smart with my screen caps, but now I'm right back to technologically inferior.  ;D

Once you are into the action figure & accessories section you can use your cursor to highlight the first listing and you can drag down from there. Copy. Paste. Enjoy.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Once you are into the action figure & accessories section you can use your cursor to highlight the first listing and you can drag down from there. Copy. Paste. Enjoy.

Well ****. I'm dumb.  ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 11:31 PM »
In some ways, the list is a neat insight into how much things really changed on the fly.  There are assortment numbers in there for Vintage stuff that got cancelled, Droid Factory stuff that got cancelled, Clone Wars that got cancelled, etc.

Wish I had time to sit and sift through all the data and try to match up all the item numbers, but it's just too much.  I'll let someone with more time/energy go through that exercise. [Murtaugh]I'm too old for this ****[/Murtaugh].

Really makes me wonder what the line would have looked like if TPM3D and Disney hadn't ****** it all up.  :-\