Author Topic: Upcoming Black Series figures?  (Read 19229 times)

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Black Series figures?
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2014, 07:28 AM »
Yoda was not on any of the rumour lists. Jawas, tie fighter pilot and 3PO are. Maybe we will see them at SDCC.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 08:55 AM »
As per JTA, some new rumors circulating:

Bossk (!)
Han Solo Stormtrooper

Also some confirmation of the 3PO figure rumored previously, although I don't know how they can really verify if it is going to be vac-metallized or not.

I love that we're getting Bossk because they're going to have to follow that up with Zuckuss, Dengar, 4-LOM, etc eventually. You can't make just one!

The Han Stormtrooper was inevitable, no doubt Luke is on the way too. I just wonder how much they will tweak that Stormy sculpt to individualize them. Hopefully it won't just be some half-assed kitbash job.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 09:58 AM »
Bounty Hunters seem to be a safe direction for this line.  I would expect that Hasbro might want to space them out for a couple of reasons:  keeping the Bounty Hunters hot in the minds of collectors, and prolonging the longevity of the line.

As for Han Solo in the Stormtrooper disguise?  That just smacks of Hasbro trying to make good use of the Stormtrooper tooling.  Hasbro has already shown that they want to put their tooling to good use by repainting the Sandtrooper for future waves.  Why would this be any different?  What I'm wondering is this: would they scale down the Luke to make him appropriately sized as being "a little short for a Stormtrooper"?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 03:54 PM »
I like these three.  Less excited about Threepio, but will be glad to have him with R2.  Maybe later on they can release a $50 Threepio and R2 2-pack.  I just hope C3PO isn't 2 per case.   :P   Bossk will be terrific - there's tons of detail to that figure, so can't wait to see what they've sculpted.  And I really like the Han Trooper idea.  On paper it's a win for Hasbro with less sculpting/tooling and a win for collectors who get another version of a favorite character OR another stormtrooper, which is still tough to find.  I'm assuming of course that it comes with a helmet.

would they scale down the Luke to make him appropriately sized as being "a little short for a Stormtrooper"?

This please! that would be a great win for the line given the infamous "short for a stormtrooper" line.

Bounty Hunters seem to be a safe direction for this line.  I would expect that Hasbro might want to space them out for a couple of reasons:  keeping the Bounty Hunters hot in the minds of collectors, and prolonging the longevity of the line.

I hope we end up with all six bounty hunters in the line, but you never know.  The old 12" lines had them all eventually, but I don't recall any of those individual 12" lines having all six.  In the latest vintage carded assortment, I think we only got Dengar, Boba, and 4-Lom, so it's not a sure thing.  I'd actually prefer they get to them soon versus later, so if the line gets cancelled at some point I'm not stuck displaying 5/6 of the Hunt for Han scene.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40 AM »
The Bounty hunters I would buy without hesitation. They were always my favorite figures.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 09:01 AM »
Some news on 2 upcoming BS figures this week apparently...teaser shot of the TIE Fighter Pilot, allegedly in the Yoda wave.

Also, silhouette tease of a Jedi-Con exclusive 6" figure that looks a lot like a protocol droid. No way they do 3PO like that, unless he comes with some kind of extra, but when did he ever sport any accessories?

I guess exclusives are the only way they can get any new figures into circulation anymore, it's been 7 months now with the same 3 figures and I have a growing concern for that Anakin/Clone Trroper wave.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Also, silhouette tease of a Jedi-Con exclusive 6" figure that looks a lot like a protocol droid. No way they do 3PO like that, unless he comes with some kind of extra, but when did he ever sport any accessories?

Accessory options for C-3PO

A New Hope:
Oil soaked rag from oil bath scene - not as sexy as it sounds
Removable restraining bolt, arms and sand accessories from Sand People attack scene
Dead Jawa carcass from Sandcrawler scene - exactly as sexy as it sounds
Commlink from Trash Compactor scene

The Empire Strikes Back:
Snow deco from Echo Base
Removable limbs, cargo net/bag and crate from Cloud City scene

Return of the Jedi
Removable/detached eye and Salacious Crumb from Jabba's palace scene
Ewok Throne from Endor Rebel Roast scene

See? There are options.  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Good call. I thought about the cargo net thingy, but the Ewok throne makes even more sense.

Who doesn't want a Jawa carcass though?  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 11:03 PM »
A not so discreet hint from Rebelscum tonight.  Evidently they were able to get access to the floor at SDCC this evening and photographed a lot of the Hasbro exhibit.  But they were asked not to photograph a 6" Black Series TIE Fighter Pilot.  I guess we'll get a look at that tomorrow night when preview night kicks off.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 11:21 PM »
TIE Pilot's a solid choice going forward.  Who doesn't love those guys?  Great costumes.  Some of the best in the OT.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 11:36 PM »
That's another figure with some army-building potential. Too bad we'll never get a ride for 'em.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Spent some time looking through the new gallery at Hasbro's SDCC booth:

Chewbacca looks better than first glance, looks like the only potential trouble spot is the paint bleed around the teeth. Good rendition though.

Anakin looks as bad, if not worse, than previous photos indicated. That neck joint is atrocious, plus the hair is all wrong and really doesn't like all that much like him, IMHO. This is by far my least favorite figure in the line so far.

Vader - finally a shot with the helmet on! This is a nice effort, except for 3 small but irritating things: 1) No neck, 2) Red eyes?!? 3) That lower, inner cape - why is it so hard for them to display this correctly?

Clone Trooper came out pretty well, kinda boring to me but no glaring deficiencies.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 01:50 PM »
The new 6" offerings seem like a little bit of a mixed bag.

Stormtrooper - Looks strong.  I've yet to see one at retail, but I have one incoming via trade soon.  It looks significantly different from the Sandtrooper, which is cool.  I've been concerned that Hasbro was going to be looking to do a lot of cost savings by reusing parts/molds, etc.

Sandtrooper - A cool companion to the trooper with the orange pauldron.  I just hope that Hasbro doesn't overdo it by offering a whole squad worth of different Sandtroopers at the expense of new characters in the 6" figure line.

Chewbacca - Looking good, and pretty action oriented.  Funny though, the way they posed the loose figure in the case at SDCC makes Chewie look a lot like the Unleashed figure.  As for the snarling expression?  I think that fits in with the overall gyst of what the line is going for.

Anakin Skywalker (ROTS) - I like that they're doing the two varying portraits.  The one on the figure is clearly Anakin as Vader on Mustafar.  Most likely I'm going to put the other portrait on mine because I like the way it looks better.

Darth Vader - This one looks interesting, but a little difficult for Hasbro to execute.  The undercloak seems a little tough to nail down.  And the codpiece looks a little odd and bent.

Clone Trooper (AOTC) - So far, so good.  It would be nice if the helmet came off to reveal a clone portrait.  But I think this rendition reveals something about the design for the phase I clone trooper armor.  Since that armor was never actually realized as a practical costume, but as a CGI design, would it function practically?  From looking at this figure I get the sense that it might not.  Anyhow, the figure looks cool.

Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) - I think the figure looks alright.  And the interchangeable part of the tunic is a nice feature.  But the face portrait?  Hmmm.  I don't know about that.

Yoda - This one is interesting.  I think here Hasbro is clearly trying to bridge the PT and the OT with the one figure.  He's got accessories that are in line with both eras.  I'm just wondering about the articulation levels.

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2015, 12:23 PM »
So, if what we've already seen is it until the big Force Awakens barrage - are these the figures left until Fall for the 6" line?

Bossk
Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
Emperor
IG-88
Princess Leia (Boussh Disguise)
Commander Cody
Clonetrooper Repaint (Captain?)

Han Solo (Hoth) w/ Taun Taun
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) w/Wampa