Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

Upcoming Black Series figures?

<< < (9/10) > >>

McMetal:
That's another figure with some army-building potential. Too bad we'll never get a ride for 'em.

McMetal:
Spent some time looking through the new gallery at Hasbro's SDCC booth:

Chewbacca looks better than first glance, looks like the only potential trouble spot is the paint bleed around the teeth. Good rendition though.

Anakin looks as bad, if not worse, than previous photos indicated. That neck joint is atrocious, plus the hair is all wrong and really doesn't like all that much like him, IMHO. This is by far my least favorite figure in the line so far.

Vader - finally a shot with the helmet on! This is a nice effort, except for 3 small but irritating things: 1) No neck, 2) Red eyes?!? 3) That lower, inner cape - why is it so hard for them to display this correctly?

Clone Trooper came out pretty well, kinda boring to me but no glaring deficiencies.

Nicklab:
The new 6" offerings seem like a little bit of a mixed bag.

Stormtrooper - Looks strong.  I've yet to see one at retail, but I have one incoming via trade soon.  It looks significantly different from the Sandtrooper, which is cool.  I've been concerned that Hasbro was going to be looking to do a lot of cost savings by reusing parts/molds, etc.

Sandtrooper - A cool companion to the trooper with the orange pauldron.  I just hope that Hasbro doesn't overdo it by offering a whole squad worth of different Sandtroopers at the expense of new characters in the 6" figure line.

Chewbacca - Looking good, and pretty action oriented.  Funny though, the way they posed the loose figure in the case at SDCC makes Chewie look a lot like the Unleashed figure.  As for the snarling expression?  I think that fits in with the overall gyst of what the line is going for.

Anakin Skywalker (ROTS) - I like that they're doing the two varying portraits.  The one on the figure is clearly Anakin as Vader on Mustafar.  Most likely I'm going to put the other portrait on mine because I like the way it looks better.

Darth Vader - This one looks interesting, but a little difficult for Hasbro to execute.  The undercloak seems a little tough to nail down.  And the codpiece looks a little odd and bent.

Clone Trooper (AOTC) - So far, so good.  It would be nice if the helmet came off to reveal a clone portrait.  But I think this rendition reveals something about the design for the phase I clone trooper armor.  Since that armor was never actually realized as a practical costume, but as a CGI design, would it function practically?  From looking at this figure I get the sense that it might not.  Anyhow, the figure looks cool.

Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) - I think the figure looks alright.  And the interchangeable part of the tunic is a nice feature.  But the face portrait?  Hmmm.  I don't know about that.

Yoda - This one is interesting.  I think here Hasbro is clearly trying to bridge the PT and the OT with the one figure.  He's got accessories that are in line with both eras.  I'm just wondering about the articulation levels.

Scockery:
Not Hasbro and pricey, but get your own Gonk droids for 6" scale
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/swb-scale-3-d-printed-power-droids-coming-from-prometheus-rising-studios/

Brian:
So, if what we've already seen is it until the big Force Awakens barrage - are these the figures left until Fall for the 6" line?

Bossk
Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
Emperor
IG-88
Princess Leia (Boussh Disguise)
Commander Cody
Clonetrooper Repaint (Captain?)

Han Solo (Hoth) w/ Taun Taun
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) w/Wampa

Navigation

[0] Message Index