Author Topic: 6" Black Series Rumors  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I like big books and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
Re: 6" Black Series Rumors
« Reply #30 on: January 5, 2015, 01:26 PM »
Curious myself, but wouldn't the current Hero Series X-Wing but somewhat in the ballpark? I think Hasbro has alluded to this themselves.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • I found a love I had lost
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: January 5, 2015, 01:32 PM »
According to my personal scale expert (aka Jesse), the Hero Series X-Wing is actually pretty close to perfect scale match for the 3.75" figures -

29 Inches long on this ship means it's actually 1/17 scale, almost on the nose.  Star Wars figures range anywhere from 1/17 to 1/20 (the newer more lean to 1/20).

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I like big books and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: January 5, 2015, 02:22 PM »
I suppose if I ever really looked at it... these X-Wing things are stacked to the ceiling here in Dublin at Smyth's and the Disney store too. 50% off now I think I saw at Disney which still left it pretty expensive, for here at least.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 5, 2015, 04:23 PM »
According to my personal scale expert (aka Jesse), the Hero Series X-Wing is actually pretty close to perfect scale match for the 3.75" figures -

29 Inches long on this ship means it's actually 1/17 scale, almost on the nose.  Star Wars figures range anywhere from 1/17 to 1/20 (the newer more lean to 1/20).

I'd say he's right.  I put some action figures out with this thing (my son got it for his birthday), and they look close.  WAY to small to be 6" scale.   

Part of me wonders what a 2.5" scale line would look like with ships made to accurate scale.  That BMF (while awesome) is still under-scaled, though not as bad as the 78 version.  BUT, if they made a Falcon that size-ish with smaller figures, they could probably hit the point.  But then I think how many would be let down if they didn't get that BMF (with rectangular deflector) at 3.75" scale.  Maybe a line limited in scope?  I loved the M.A.S.K. figures back in the day, and I appreciate now that the smaller scale of the person allowed them to create better vehicles for those plastic men to ride in.

For vehicle lovers, the 3.75" scale hurts getting accurate scaling.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 6, 2015, 11:04 AM »

I loved the M.A.S.K. figures back in the day, and I appreciate now that the smaller scale of the person allowed them to create better vehicles for those plastic men to ride in.

That brings back some memories. I think my brother still has ours.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #35 on: January 6, 2015, 12:10 PM »
I loved the M.A.S.K. figures back in the day, and I appreciate now that the smaller scale of the person allowed them to create better vehicles for those plastic men to ride in.

Then you'll be happy to hear that Hasbro might be bringing it back:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/394359/scitech/geeksandgaming/m-a-s-k-might-make-a-comeback-for-30th-anniversary