Author Topic: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line  (Read 21918 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 07:42 PM »
He'll be a regular release.  Rumors are that there will be an exclusive version with Salacious Crumb and the dais.  Other rumors that the Dias will be cardboard.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 01:10 PM »
I like both of these, but will hold out for sales similar to the main 6" line.  You can get most of the figures still for $10-12 instead of the original $20.  Biker Scout and Jabba should be available more in the $25-30 range.  The figures look excellent, the packaging looks like a Dollar Store special.

I agree with people's thoughts that the speeder bikes are going to go fast.  I'd probably be willing to pay $40 for it. 

I'm still not sold on the Jabba at $40 though.  I'll have to see it in person before I pull the trigger, but have a feeling this one is going to shelf warm and be available on Amazon, etc. for closer to $20.

I am really stoked to see a Tauntaun, dewback, wampa, etc.  Those would be cool, and I think probably would have been a better choice than a dias and accessory free Jabba.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 01:27 PM »
If Jabba can't come with a dais at retail, it's going to hurt with all that open space in the box.  If anything, throw in Salacious Crumb and/or Oola.  The Speederbike definitely looks like you'd get more for your money than Jabba.  It would have been nice to have Jabba a bit more SA, too so that he isn't always in a 'sitting' position and you could have his tail behind him as if he were moving around like in ANH.  At least that's what I noticed by glancing at the photo... I could be wrong.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 04:42 PM »
What's funny about this is Hasbro's overall assortment choices.  They had Boba as a SDCC Exclusive and he quickly sold out.  Then they put him in the main line series 2 and he quickly sells out, but they double up with Han in S2 and S3 instead of Boba. 

Now, they will have Jabba as a SDCC Exclusive, but I would argue Jabba might not be quite as popular as Boba.  Just a hunch.  So people will have a shot at Jabba Excluisve and Jabba retail, but the more desirable figure that would probably sell better outright and will be bought up by army builders is limited to just 1 per case at retail. 

So yes, we will have a massive shortage of Biker Scouts and Jabba's litering shelves and online stores everywhere.  This isn't rocket science Hasbro.  Come on.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 4, 2014, 09:41 AM »
I agree with the massive shortage of biker scouts.  Other than Greedo and Han, I rarely see anything from this line.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Wave 1 up for Pre-Order at EE - $120 with FREE shipping:
2x Speeder Bike with Biker Scout
1x Jabba the Hutt
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 2, 2014, 01:32 AM »

Clicky to bid on this already...  But don't piss around because it's only good for less than a day.  I doubt it's the last one Viperskingdom puts up on Ebay though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10 PM »
I spotted the 6" Jabba at Target this afternoon, but the Biker Scout sets were gone. I wasn't too impressed with Jabba. This is definitely an instance where I am torn on the whole 6" scale due to both price and detail. IMO the 2010 Jabba looks just as good as the 6" version, plus it had the throne, railing, a figure, and other bits for $5 less. I am still planning to pick up the Scout set, and I look forward to seeing how it stacks up against the 4" TRU exclusive version.

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Picked up my biker scout just now at Target. They had both plus Jabba. I like Jabba and will be getting him, I'm just hoping I can score one if HTS ever releases them

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 01:21 PM »
I guess paint apps horrors strike this line, too.  Yakface posted a picture (from Imperial Shipyards) of someone who had a Scout without a painted lens.  That's gotta suck

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 1, 2014, 11:52 PM »
As of this morning 3 of our local Targets were suddenly showing this DPCI in stock (count of 3) so I hit 2 of them on the way home and neither could find them in the store room. Odd. At least one of the places confirmed they are planning to do a reset next week so maybe then.  :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 1, 2014, 11:57 PM »
From both my past Target employment knowledge and what I was told at a couple local Targets this week many of them have "trapped" them on a transition pallet in back that will all be new stuff for that specific aisle when it resets so the likelihood you'll get an employee to rummage through a pallet for them isn't too high.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 2, 2014, 07:26 AM »
I got similar info from a friend.  Most stores in our area already have the new 6" Deluxe as well as the new wave of 6" basic figures on pallets that are designated for the next reset.  And that reset is loosely scheduled around tomorrow, August 3rd.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 2, 2014, 09:23 AM »
Sounds like they can start building the new pogo as of Sunday, but they have the whole week to get it done.  So, good idea to start looking on the 3rd, but don't be surprised if the reset doesn't happen until later in the week.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 2, 2014, 09:33 AM »
I work for Target, the earliest they will reset the aisle is Monday. Since this is our Holiday expansion set, it involves quite a few moves. Complete aisles are moving. It really depends on your stores plan. Your right about showing on hands but no one can find it, it's palletized in the back room. Some stores were really light on toys and put the merchandise out as soon as it came in for presentation sake.