Author Topic: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line  (Read 21919 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I think price is just something to eat with that line...  I love the displayability of big items like the Speederbike and whatnot.  Jabba on a Dais in 6" scale is going to look great...  If they want it, they'll need to pony up for something like that.  It's like undercutting Sideshow's stuff in a way, but you're not gonna land things cheaply either.  Better than what 1/6 Jabba/Dais will run you though if you want those true eye-popping displays without the $100's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Some boxed shots while you wait for the pics... :)   

See what I mean with all that empty space in the Jabba box?  Folks may have a hard time paying $40 for that if thay are already sick of paying $20 for a regular figure..

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 06:42 PM »
His arm rest thing, and bowl, ala that old Deluxe figure, would've been nice I think, filled out the space a bit, and would be relatively simple to have made.  Few pieces, all told.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Deluxe shots will be going live in a minute here - Hasbro Black Series 6" Figures @ Toy Fair

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 07:11 PM »
That Jabba's really nice...  I think it's better than the bike and Scout personally and I love speederbikes for sure.  That Jabba's just real neat though. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 09:33 PM »
It makes me kind of wonder - how many folks are really going to be excited for an accessory-less Jabba at $40?  He looks awesome... but I can already hear the complaining about value at $40 since most folks were expecting a Dais or carbonite han or crumb or whatever.

For me the value of Jabba depends on the price tag. If the figure is hollow rubber like the recent 4-inch releases, the price is rather steep with no accessories. If the figure is solid plastic, that would be a sturdy and heavy item, so the price would be justified to me.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 11:28 PM »
Man, I love it, but they gotta put something else in that box! At least some frogs to snack on, the pipe, bowl, whatever.

So how much would the dais/Crumb set go for at SDCC? Maybe they could throw Oola in there to add some value?

Any estimated ship date on either of these deluxe items?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 11:41 PM »
Fall 2014 (aka June/July retail resets).  And they are in the same assortment.  Plan is 1x Jabba and 1x Speeder Bike in a case.

Here's the press release blurb -

STAR WARS® THE BLACK SERIES 6-Inch Deluxe Action Figures
(Ages: 4 & up/ Approximate retail price: $39.99/ Available: Fall 2014)
The STAR WARS BLACK SERIES 6-inch Deluxe assortment takes STAR WARS action figures to the next level with the introduction of iconic in-scale vehicles and  alien creatures, all featuring the incredibly accurate design and high level of articulation fans have come to expect from the STAR WARS BLACK SERIES. Each sold separately.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 03:36 AM »
Hmmm... I'm not sure Jabba really interests me, though I suppose a bunch of accessories could change my mind on that.

But the Speeder Bike and Scout, now that's a great looking set.  I'd have no problem paying $40 for that.  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 10:34 AM »
In my best T-1000: "Say.. That's a nice bike."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Jabba looks amazing. He is kind of pointless without Crumb or the dais and I can see people shrugging their shoulders, especially at $40. It's a catch 22. People would probably shrug their shoulders at $80 for the whole shebang.

The speeder bike and scout - perfect. This will be very popular. I think we can expect Taun Tauns, Wampas, Dewbacks... if someone can ride it, they'll make it. If they sell. I'd love to see things like Palpatine and his throne, Max Rebo and his organ in this scale.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 04:33 PM »
Both of these look great (thanks for all the great work/pics by the way Jeff).  I agree, Jabba looks a bit lonely in that empty box all by himself though, too bad they couldn't cost out some extras in there.  The Scout/Bike set is amazing too.  I've been in on this line since the beginning, but never army built anything (so far), things like the Stormies and Scouts make it tempting though (if I had that money).  $40 a pop would add up fast.  Nice stuff though, definitely.  Holding out hopes for a Taun Taun now!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Tauntaun is coming
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 04:42 PM »
I like both of these, but will hold out for sales similar to the main 6" line.  You can get most of the figures still for $10-12 instead of the original $20.  Biker Scout and Jabba should be available more in the $25-30 range.  The figures look excellent, the packaging looks like a Dollar Store special. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21 PM »
I heard/read that Jabba was a SDCC exclusive? Any confirmations on this theory?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"