Author Topic: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line  (Read 21949 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line
« Reply #45 on: August 2, 2014, 10:42 AM »
I actually spoke to the TL in toys at a Target earlier in the week and he said they had scheduled their reset for Sunday.  Another local store already has their toy aisle done, so maybe thats true with your store, but not others.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Got my SDCC Jabba and it is an amazing figure. Loving it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 2, 2014, 11:13 AM »
I've seen reports of Target reset dates before.  In those cases I've checked out some area stores and found mixed results.  Some stores reset on those reset dates and others do it within the next couple of days.  I think it varies store to store based on inventory, staffing, customer volume in the stores at given times, etc.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 2, 2014, 02:08 PM »
One of the local targets where I saw them doing a reset required a whole crew of laborers.  They were disassembling and rebuilding end caps with shelves.  Not just placing new things on shelves.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 2, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Nice, I was finally able to snag the Speeder Bike set at Target today. Nothing on the shelf but for a chance the little price scanner computer said Store Room: YES. I waited in line for the CS associate (hate the Targets where these double as checkouts now) and she was able to get one pulled from the back for me. Success!

Have not opened him yet but am already concerned about "Bent Visor-Gate", as mine seems to suffer from this new affliction.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 2, 2014, 09:59 PM »
Ok, visor was a little askew but was pliable enough to push back into shape. Scout does not seem to quite sit fully down on the bike.

And now that the silly minor quibbles are out of the way, what a refreshingly kick-ass toy! I LOVE this thing! At least the one I got has nice crisp paint apps on both the speeder and figure, including some really nicely detailed dirt wash on the boots that was hard to appreciate from just photos. For some reason earlier online comments had lead me to believe the rear spoilers were not articulated, but they are and it's a great added detail, along with the movable underbelly gun.

I haven't ventured to remove the Scout from the Speeder Bike yet, as I will probably pose him as is, but he sure looks like a fine effort to me. I know there was some grumbling about the torso proportions, but it doesn't seem look glaringly funky that I can tell.

Of course, liking this thing so much, it is probably going to be impossible to resist picking up another one at some point, space be damned. They just look better in 2-man teams!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 5, 2014, 09:35 AM »
Saw the 6" Jabba at Target last night. For $40 I am not impressed. He is nicely painted and detailed but just seems so lonely in that big box. I think at least the hooka and Crumb should have been included at that price. It's just too expensive for that it is. The only movement he has is you move his arm to make his mouth open. The thing is shaped, looks and priced like a turd. I'm sure they will be impossible to find since Target doesn't restock star wars anymore beyond initial resets.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 9, 2014, 04:33 PM »
Picked up the Biker Scout deluxe set today. It looks really sharp, and I'm genuinely impressed by how good it looks. As for unboxing it ?  That's probably going to have to wait a little while.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2014, 10:33 PM »
Can't find this speeder bike anywhere. Are you guys still finding them?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2014, 11:31 AM »

Not at all around here. In predictable Target fashion, they only bothered to order 1 measley case, and when that sold out right away they failed to order any more. No idea how long it will take them to eventually re-stock these.

1. Order product
2. Sell product
3. Order more product

It's not rocket science!  :D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41 AM »
I've only been able to get a few from stockroom locations, and it looks like most Targets have sold thru their one case.  I found one at TRU about a week ago, so might want to try there.  Of course it suffered from the bent visor issue, so I passed on it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2014, 11:43 AM »

I've only seen it the one time when I scored mine.  And that was a couple of weeks ago.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2014, 08:27 PM »
I see them sporadically at Target and K-Mart...  Don't hit TRU much ever to really call it, but they had Jabbas I know last I was there.  I wasn't paying attention to what else though, just know Jabba was there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2014, 12:14 PM »
I've seen a local Target restock these at least once since their reset.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2014, 12:54 PM »
The Speeder Bike has dropped to $42.99 (at least for now) on Amazon.  If you have Prime, it's a pretty good deal.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00IJZFJYU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=Z14URO8YY3E3&coliid=I2KGEU2IWJF6J