Author Topic: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line  (Read 22051 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Deluxe Line
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2014, 05:21 PM »
I could live with the Tauntaun horns, but the unpainted Wampa horns would be a deal breaker for me. Hopefully both undergo some changes to correct paint applications prior to production.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2014, 05:29 PM »
The costume book 100% confirms Han's coatis brown but Hasbro still leans to blue on figs. Wtf?  On the 5 POA stuff for nostalgia fine but now that the debate is officially over they need to get their poop together on this issue and stick to film accuracy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2014, 06:21 PM »
The costume book 100% confirms Han's coatis brown but Hasbro still leans to blue on figs. Wtf? 

It's all about the mighty dollar, I bet.  The only way to get the Tauntaun is to buy the blue coat Han since they'll release the proper Hoth Han separately.  Otherwise, if they did movie accurate Han with the Tauntaun, no one would buy a single carded Blue coat one... or not as many people would anyway.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2014, 07:39 PM »
The Tauntaun horns are fine by me.  As for the Wampa's horns?  That seems a bit more egregious.

As for the coat?  I have to think that Hasbro is playing a little game here.  The blue coat appeals to the fan/collector who has some nostalgia for the vintage line.  And then later on Hasbro will offer a corrected brown coat version of Hoth Han Solo in some other form... and we'll buy it again!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2014, 10:30 PM »
I'm no expert, but when I watched the movie recently on Blu-Ray, it looked blue to me. Like, plainly. Maybe it's a spectrum of light only visible to certain nerds.  ;)

I already saw a lot of kvetching about these on the internets, but they look fine to me.

At some point they're going to have to figure out a way to pump out more army building sets that people will buy multiples of, like that Shadow Squadron dealio. I'm sure there are some battle droids coming they can repurpose the hell out of...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2014, 04:50 AM »
Did they really not sculpt a full holster for Hoth Luke? It has the VOTC Han syndrome where they sculpted the leg strap into the leg.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2014, 09:08 AM »
I'm pro blue coat but not a fan of the paint apps here, or the bloody chin really on the Wampa. That being said, really looking forward to these. I had expected the deluxe line to wobble a bit around here with Jabba, but he's actually the one that moves. The Speeder Bike lingers at 2 per case but moves. $40 is a big pull. These will do pretty good I think. Before they get into the endless variations (Endor Luke/Leia on the bike, Luke on the Taun Taun) I hope they keep pushing this range to its limits. I'd like to see the Landspeeder, but also set pieces, like maybe Cantina stuff, Hoth stuff (E-Web blaster! Radar dish!). I wonder how much of a stretch something like the Skiff would be. Snowspeeder. Probably not that much.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 02:30 AM »
Blue coat arguments, at this point, are only fair game for the nostalgia argument...  The accuracy argument's a done deal though.  Buy the costumes book that's out there...  not to mention the myriad of photos Scott's posted for years that proved it, but now LFL's definitively published the information too.

Nostalgia of the vintage figure I get, but accuracy should be paramount on a $20 figure like this.

Where's Scott when I need him?   ::)

Oh, and BTW, FFS on the phantom hanging holster thing if they did that...  Ugh.  I hate that stuff on 4" figures, much less "premium" toys like this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 09:41 AM »
You guys are all colorblind.  The coat is red.  Han Solo first fought for the British in the revolutionary war and Lucas was throwing that easter-egg in there for true fans.

It only looks blue on screen because of funny lighting, and it only looks brown at museums because of really funny lighting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2015, 01:09 AM »
6" Deluxe Wave 2 Case Asst.
Clicky.  Buy.

2 Hans and a Speederbike...  Not a bad assortment.  Wisely NOT carrying Jabba forward helps.

You can also get Han individually if you wish:

6" Han w/ Taun Taun

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Luke and Wampa, as originally announced, would have worked better in this wave, IMO. Now they're pushed out into limbo?

I see tons of Biker Scout sets everywhere I go...it's great but geez, the demand has been met by now. Not a lot of people are going to be buying multiples of these at $35 a pop. (Ok, I admit I have 5 but I'm nuts)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2015, 10:35 AM »
6" Deluxe Wave 2 Case Asst.
Clicky.  Buy.

Pass.  You can find Speederbikes for $25 now, so that's about $50 per Han & Tauntaun set, of which I only plan to buy one anyway.  Glad they at least carried the Scout Trooper forward vs. Jabba though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: May 4, 2015, 11:41 AM »
Today only - $13.99 for Jabba at Amazon.com - w/free delayed shipping for Amazon Prime members.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2015, 11:42 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender