Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels Toy Rumors!  (Read 38606 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Rebels Toy Rumors!
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2015, 10:27 PM »
Clearly you've not ventured off this forum.  ;D  It was confirmed when 6" figures were shown, that 3.75" is dead, and Hasbro killed it intentionally because they just hate us.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Clearly you've not ventured off this forum.  ;D  It was confirmed when 6" figures were shown, that 3.75" is dead, and Hasbro killed it intentionally because they just hate us.

;D  Oh, okay... nothing to see here, then.  No, I've seen the calamity on some other sites.  The worst reaction on JD is pretty tame compared to what I've seen on others.

By the way, Satan confirmed with me through a Black Sabbath album that Hell has not froze over yet... nor have pigs learned to fly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Indeed.

I'd been going about this all wrong.  If I'd known we were facing the forces of darkness, obviously I wouldn't have put rational thought into it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2015, 11:06 PM »
Anyway you look at it, we're up to 4 new Rebels figures now for Fall 2015, so that's something at least.  3.75" isn't totally dead yet. ;)
The other two being Asohka and Vader, right?  Otherwise, I missed two somewhere.

Yeah - Ahsoka, Vader, S2 Inquisitor, and Old Rex.

It was confirmed when 6" figures were shown, that 3.75" is dead, and Hasbro killed it intentionally because they just hate us.

Yeah, I must have missed that... :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2015, 11:10 PM »
I'd been going about this all wrong.  If I'd known we were facing the forces of darkness, obviously I wouldn't have put rational thought into it.

Did you forget to play the record backwards again, Jesse?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2015, 09:47 AM »
I think we're probably going to see some of the REBELS figures from the Season 1 line carried forward into the Star Wars Universe line.  Hasbro had the entire REBELS 3.75" figure line on display at their booth. And it makes sense to keep the crew members of the Ghost in circulation.  And Chopper was so scarce that it makes sense to get him reissued.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2015, 06:54 PM »

Did you forget to play the record backwards again, Jesse?

!olbsaH diputS GMO  .efil ym gniniur rof sknahT

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 7, 2015, 10:31 PM »
I've started to ponder the upcoming 9/4 product launch more frequently as we get closer. I am very curious what sort of presence the Rebels line will have, if any. The show won't be back on by then, but the first season DVD gets released earlier that week.

I guess it is fair to assume we may see the Vader/Ahsoka 2-pack, although it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't there either.

But what about new single carded figures or vehicles? Seems as though there will be a few different price point options for them. I'm not holding my breath for the Ghost (yet) but I'd sure like that imperial speeder bike we saw last season. The regular TIE Fighter is overdue as well.

I'm not sure if I see them mixing in 5 POA rebels figures with the 5 POA TFA stuff, but anyyhings possible I suppose.

Outside of the 6" stuff, these will be my only other focus for FF. Hope there is some good stuff to surprise us, and no hard to find exclusives.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 9, 2015, 02:26 AM »
I think we're probably going to see some of the REBELS figures from the Season 1 line carried forward into the Star Wars Universe line.  Hasbro had the entire REBELS 3.75" figure line on display at their booth. And it makes sense to keep the crew members of the Ghost in circulation.  And Chopper was so scarce that it makes sense to get him reissued.

I think you over estimate their chances!

Remember clone wars characters you'd think they'd have kept in circulation or reissued, but didn't.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Per the JTA report on their front page, it sounds like we may be getting repacks of Ezra and (sigh) Kanan on TFA cards. Sure would be nice of them to throw in Ezra's light saber this time around. Enough already with the Kanans. Between those 2 and the Zeb/chopper 2-pack, it seems like the ladies are being underserved yet again.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Don't forget Kanan with scout Y-wing pack on Force Friday too.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2015, 12:49 PM »
I was just thinking how cool it was when they used to make Star Wars Rebels action figures. That was a fun couple of months.  ::)

At this rate the %$^&* season is going to be over before those 2 Inquisitors and Rex make it out, if ever.

I get the focus on the new movie but they are letting the current media die on the vine as a result. Those new figures should have been in the latest TFA waves instead of repack swag like Kanan and the Inquisitor.

So much squandered potential...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2015, 07:42 PM »
I get the focus on the new movie but they are letting the current media die on the vine as a result. Those new figures should have been in the latest TFA waves instead of repack swag like Kanan and the Inquisitor.

I said pretty much the same thing over on the TFA Jungle/Space/Snow/Desert thread - there was absolutely ZERO reason to subject us to more Kanan and Inquisitor figures. Instead of getting them, that's where the "Old Man" Rex and Seventh Sister figures should have been slotted in - would have made for MUCH MORE compelling assortments.

I get the need to repackage Kylo Ren and the First Order Stormtrooper - but the remaining 5 figures in each assortment should have been 100% new - these are supposedly "cheaper" and more "cost effective" there should be ZERO need for them to have carry-forwards beyond wanting them out to meet demand.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2015, 09:57 AM »
Yeah, I'll give them a pass on Ezra since he's the "main" character and they gave him his lightsaber this time...  but Kanan and Inquisitor (who is dead and gone from the series) should have been Rex and Fifth Brother for sure since those appeared ready to go at SDCC. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2015, 03:31 PM »
Seriously?  I totally missed that this new version of Ezra came with a lightsaber.

I would have to think that the new Rebels figures are probably going to come out After the big TFA push.  Which probably means that they may not be out until some time in January or February.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback