Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels Toy Rumors!  (Read 38676 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels Toy Rumors!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Spring would be sweet, maybe take advantage of the finale buzz, but I could also see them rolling this out in the early Fall when the next season kicks off. Either way, I am hoping for something on the larger side but not prohibitively expensive. Maybe like between the MTT and the Republic Attack Shuttle in terms of overall mass.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59 PM »
Idej, are there dimensions out already?  8', you sure? 

Yuppers. 43.9m long. 95" using 1:18 scale.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2014, 02:30 AM »
Wow that's bigger than I thought it looked, but in the last video they did that cockpit's as roomy as the Falcon's which I figured it wasn't nearly that large from earlier images... 

So it's bigger than the Falcon.  I can't see Hasbro doing ANYTHING as big as the BMF, so this I would guess will almost surely be smaller than that ship was.  And if the MTT's any indication it'll be interesting to see what direction Hasbro chooses to go with the toy since price matters, but subject matter is a bigger player here.

I have to think they're playing their cards close to the vest to see how the show's launch goes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2014, 08:34 AM »
What if The Ghost is both?  A Rebels ship AND an Ep7 ship. 

Thought about that the other day... based on the era of the show, it wouldn't be impossible for The Ghost to be around in Ep7... or any of the Rebels crew for that matter.  Even something as simple as the same ship type/class showing up in both.  Help it sell both ways - cartoon and movie.   ;D

Yeah I was thinking the same thing:  that maybe the Inquisitor could be the bad guy... or that there is overlap between Rebels and E7.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #34 on: March 3, 2014, 12:39 PM »
I was thinking that too...  Certainly possible.  It's like the Falcon was around at the dawn of civilization in Star Wars.

How do ya sell more different toys though!?  - George Lucas

Yeah, I'm a Lucas apologist, but I never believed he was only out to sell toys for one reason.  If you wanted to sell more toys, your main characters would change clothes every 15 minutes.  In the prequels, Obi-Wan wore essentially one outfit.  No disguises, no formal wear, no casual wear, no climate specific clothes, just his Jedi stuff.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: March 3, 2014, 08:14 PM »
I remember being at the Q&A at Celebration 2 with Hasbro and someone asked about how do you keep doing the same figure over and over again (12 years ago!!!) and they were very adamant about wanting to see costume changes and somewhat deflated on the lack of them in the PT. Outside of Padme, these never materialized in the PT, even when they begged for it (Jedi pilots wear nothing but headsets? What?). The CW micro-series got into this somewhat, and produced probably the two most famous 'alt-modes' of the era in Clone Armor Obi-Wan and Snow Bunny Padme. I think Lucas definitely created a big cast of characters to generate toys, because that's Star Wars, but if he had his mind completely on it he would have been more deliberate about the main characters.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: March 3, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Yeah that's slightly tongue-in-cheek, but it's tough to say all the flavors of Clone weren't somewhat a matter of, "Kids will go ape**** for this", coming into play...  Otherwise, what was the point?  They didn't even play up individuality in the movies...  The toon got more of that being a legitimate story angle.  If you're talking about the films though it's a very subtle point.

I think Lucas just wasn't as deep-thinking on it, but I think if something obvious came up like that Clones he jumped on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 09:04 AM »
Saw this morning that the Class I vehicles will be making a return this Fall. Great news, because these were some of the coolest sets Hasbro ever did for the Clone Wars. I hope we get quite a few for Rebels too. I always felt like these were a better value somehow too...esp with the extra figure added.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18 AM »
I want those new/old Imperial Speeder Bikes for sure :)

I'm guessing we'll get:
Imperial Speeder Bike (unique sculpt)
Ezra Speeder Bike (Imperial bikerepaint)
Kanan Speeder Bike (unique sculpt)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:20 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 01:02 PM »
On the new DPCIs that popped up...

#1 - Funny how many people forgot about the army men style Star Wars Command line and start freaking out about the possibility of a Rebels Star Destroyer playset or new 3.75" Rebels Battle Packs or something.

#2 - On the "Class I making a comeback" stuff...  seems odd that there would be a DPCI planogram slot for the Class I (which we haven't see confirmed yet), but there is no spot for the Class II vehicles (which we did see at Toy Fair - TIE, walker, Phantom). 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 01:10 PM »
On the new DPCIs that popped up...

#1 - Funny how many people forgot about the army men style Star Wars Command line and start freaking out about the possibility of a Rebels Star Destroyer playset or new 3.75" Rebels Battle Packs or something.

;D

#2 - On the "Class I making a comeback" stuff...  seems odd that there would be a DPCI planogram slot for the Class I (which we haven't see confirmed yet), but there is no spot for the Class II vehicles (which we did see at Toy Fair - TIE, walker, Phantom).

Maybe class II has been upgraded to Class I and that's all there is?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:10 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 02:36 PM »
That seems unnecessarily confusing, but this IS Hasbro we are talking about, so who knows.

Yeah, i saw a ton of that 2" crud among those listings, as if Angry Birds and Fighter Pods weren't big enough space-wasters.

If the sales of the GOTG 2" figs are any indication, this Command line is already in trouble. (Cause who doesn't want to buy their kids tiny toys that are easy to lose, vacuum up and choke on?)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 02:47 PM »
I'm planning on picking up some of those Command figures for my kids.  $5 for a bag of 9 figures isn't terrible.

When I was little, my brother and me and our friends wasted tons of hours playing army men outside.  I love the fact that the Hasbro guys tried to replicate some of the "classic" army men poses with some of the Star Wars figures.

Plus, they're great fun to tie to firecrackers/bottle rockets, shoot with a bb gun, or melt with a magnifying glass in the hot summer sun. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 03:47 PM »
I learned to shoot by shooting little plastic army men...  Had a lot of good men die that way.

I've said this before about Angry Birds, and the same applies here.  People complain, but that line probably netted you a figure you otherwise wouldn't have gotten, like Plagueis or something.  Angry Birds were on clearance?  That means little without you having a sales sheet to know what was paid, what sold, what it sold for, how fast it sold, how much overall sold, etc.

Angry Birds, and this command line of figures, are cheap...  That's the bottom line (no pun intended), and cheap can take a hit like a clearance, so long as an acceptable number of them sell, ultimately. 

Given how many kids I see with Angry Bird Star Wars t-shirts on just anywhere you go, I'm not surprised Hasbro tried toys tied to the game.  They seem (according to Hasbro) to have done ok too.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Yeah, I do get that, it's not an arbitrary dislike for either of those products, I just wish they were placed elsewhere on the toy aisles where they are not competing for peg space with the action figures. I think Hasbro sees it as a chance to increase their real estate, but all too often it seems like the 3 and 3/4" stuff feels the pinch.

And yeah, the SW army men analogy is probably better, now that I recall those early Command photos, moreso than the 2" GOTG figures. Still seems like something that is destined for 5 Below but I won't begrudge them their chance to try.

I just want them to crank up making action figures again for Pete's sake!  :D