Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels Saga Legends Figures  (Read 35265 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Kanan meh. Looks just like that tool Saw Gerrera from the last season of Clone Wars. Not a Freddy Prinze Jr fan either.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 06:55 PM »
First shot of the Kanan figure and some more Lego details here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/02/13/star-wars-rebels-lego-toy-fair/5463627/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Sorry - but this figure looks like junk.

The company that makes The Corps makes better looking, more detailed figures than this.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Still not sure what to think of the whole 5 POA approach for the animated stuff, and I'm hoping we'll get a better idea at Toy Fair what the line is going to look like in the next 6-12 months.  The "Legends" name for this line seems strange with the focus on Rebels, but I'm guessing the focus may shift from year to year as we get into that movie/spinoff/movie/spinoff pattern.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 10:56 PM »
There will be 2 different card backs - Stormtrooper with Star Wars logo (Saga Legends) and Stormtrooper with Star Wars Rebels logo (Rebels only figures)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Sorry - but this figure looks like junk.

The company that makes The Corps makes better looking, more detailed figures than this.

Looks to me to be pretty faithful to the pictures we've seen this week. Enjoy your Corps collection, I guess. The animation style here is really starting to please me in a way that the Clone wars stuff never did.

I'm not going to bellyache about 5POA because the business decision has been made and is simply that. And if my 4 year old likes the show and wants some toys from it, I would rather this style than the "black series" style for him. A month ago he was playing with a Vintage series Wedge and before I knew it he had unintentionally dismantled him at the neck wrists and elbows.

As for my collection, they just stand there. The value makes them more appealing than "expensive articulation" these days. And these guys are probably not destined for my collection anyway.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 12:25 AM »
Looks to me to be pretty faithful to the pictures we've seen this week. Enjoy your Corps collection, I guess. The animation style here is really starting to please me in a way that the Clone wars stuff never did.

I don't collect The Corps - you missed my point - if they're going to dumb down the articulation, then at least make it accurate to the 3D model.

On the figure - the knee-pads are the same color as his pants. The boots only have one color. His jawline is too wide. And the picture is doing the head-sculpt no favors if indeed he has the beard and pony-tail he's supposed to. His gloves aren't black. I'm sure there's other details that are wrong - and could be correct if they were just paying better attention to detail.

Yeah - is it close enough for your 4 year old son? Sure. But if these are the only figures offered for the Rebels series, that is going to be a real shame since we'll never see these characters again once the new episodes and spin-off movies get going...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 01:12 AM »
But if these are the only figures offered for the Rebels series, that is going to be a real shame since we'll never see these characters again once the new episodes and spin-off movies get going...

These 5 POA figures won't be the only representations of the characters in 3-3/4" form. All the main characters will have SA versions too. Bank on it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:26 AM by Jayson »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 06:16 AM »
I would buy an SA version of that guy since he makes a good "generic dude" fodder type guy, but I agree that the (lack of?) paint makes that figure look a little cheap.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 07:17 AM »
Well, it is pretty crappy to cut out paint details to the boots and especially those kneepads. Still feel the sculpt itself is nice and sharp.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21 PM »
These 5 POA figures won't be the only representations of the characters in 3-3/4" form. All the main characters will have SA versions too. Bank on it.

Do you mean at first Jayson? or EVENTUALLY - kind of like how we got Clone Wars SA realistic versions of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka & Mace?
Peter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 12:38 PM »

Do you mean at first Jayson? or EVENTUALLY - kind of like how we got Clone Wars SA realistic versions of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka & Mace?

Yes, eventually. But I don't think it will take nearly as long to get SA versions.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44 PM »
No later than Christmas 2015.  I'm expecting Star Wars to own half the action figure aisle by then. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 04:16 PM »
I like it, but mostly due to the fact that it is clearly more animated style as I had hoped for. I didn't catch all the glaring errors like Pete did, but he makes some good points. Skimping on articulation is one thing but some of that stuff is just plain lazy.

Figures that Lego is already leaving them in the dust by having a more interesting selection of characters in their first 2 sets. Where's my Twilek chick or that weird purple dude?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Kind of reminds me of Titan A.E. figures I use to see at KB Toys.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours