Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
MLB
« on: January 8, 2014, 01:30 PM »
(ps. can't forget to include the usual MN-homerism HOF voting rant here for Jack Morris  - '91 game seven is still the greatest game of baseball I have ever had the chance to watch.  8))

Last chance for Black Jack... and it doesn't look good. :(

Having Maddux on the ballot next year (355 Ws, 3371 Ks, 3.16 ERA) will really drive the PED point home for Clemens (354 Ws, 4672 Ks, 3.12 ERA) since Maddux is basically Clemens without the steroid revival (those extra three Cy Youngs).  I'm sure Clemens will be pissed next January when Maddux is a first ballot HOFer and he's still sitting on the couch waiting for the call.  :P

I'll guess Maddux, Glavine, Thomas, and Biggio get in today.  Maddux will lead the votes and Biggio will sneak in with a 76-77ish number.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: MLB
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2014, 01:37 PM »
I think you are spot on except I still don't think Morris is a HOFer.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Ouch for Biggio.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 8, 2014, 02:12 PM »
Biggio = 74.8%, just missed it.  Maybe (probably) next year.

Interesting to see Clemens/Bonds lose votes this year... 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 12:17 PM »
Chris Davis banned 25 games

It's AMAZING how no athlete has ever ACTUALLY taken a performance enhancing drug.  Every single one of them just took Adderall and failed their drug test, regardless of what sport we're talking about.  Never mind that Davis went from an average hitter to a league leader in HR's between 2012 and 2013... he's just got ADHD.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55 PM »
I saw this bumped and thought for sure it was going to be Giancarlo getting plunked in the face by a pitch...  :(

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 03:07 PM »
That is why I think intentionally hitting guys has no place in baseball. NOW I DON'T THINK THIS WAS INTENTIONAL. However, just the fact that something like that can happen should stop any pitcher from going that route.

Doesn't help that my all time favorite player as a kid, Kirby Puckett, was forced into early retirement thanks to being hit in the eye.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 5, 2014, 11:33 PM »
KC vs. Baltimore. Just like all the experts predicted at the beginning of the year.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 6, 2014, 07:53 AM »
KC vs. Baltimore. Just like all the experts predicted at the beginning of the year.

Hard to believe the Tigers and Angels got so thoroughly whipped via sweeps. You cannot predict these best of 5 series.

Even harder to believe this is Baltimore without Manny Machado and Chris Davis.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2014, 07:55 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:46 PM »
I was rooting for KC, but hard not to enjoy watching Bumgarner do what he did. Wow!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2014, 10:31 PM »
So it would appear as though the White Sox have sealed the deal with Sam!#$%#$!%ja.  I'm really going to need to learn how to spell his last name now I guess...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/samardzija-traded-white-sox-175819793--spt.html

Considering how bad the team has been over the last 6-7 years, I'm glad to see that they are at least making waves with their signings this offseason.  Now it's just a matter of whether or not it will equate to regular season success.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 12:38 AM »
His last name is tough to spell, but his first name is spelled "Jeff."  :)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Thanks Rob, spelling was never my strong suit.

I also hope that Robertson doesn't end up in the long line of closers that floundered on the South Side.  Maybe I'm just being pessimistic after the last few seasons, but after Jenks left town there doesn't seem to be anyone that can hold that job...

Meanwhile on the North Side of town:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cubs-land-jon-lester-with--150-million-deal-165658135.html
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:28 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 09:29 AM »
That's awesome.  The headlines yesterday were that it was down to Boston and Chicago... having lived a block north of Wrigley Field for the last 5 years has slowly turned me into a little bit of a Cubs fan - now I want to see Kris Bryant called up.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 11:22 PM »