Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 4  (Read 7974 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 4
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Anyone have a handy list of how many times they've done the Snowtrooper Commander/Officer over the years?  I know there's been...

- 2003 Saga 03-19
- 2006 Saga-011
- 2007 30AC ESB Tin (Saga 03-19 with removable helmet)
- 2014 Black Series Wave 5

Am I forgetting any?

There was one in the Target Exclusive Ultimate Battle Pack (second from the right)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 07:17 AM »
TBS's is pretty darn near perfect besides the kama killing the articulation.  Love the helmet's sculpt and poseability though.  Really well done design there.

The skirt doesn't kill the articulation. I got mine in a pretty decent kneeling position. I'll upload some pics tonight :)

As far as the hands falling off, I think it's because of the plastic the lower arm is made off. It's actually something between the soft vinyl and hard plastic. The peg on the wrist actually is a bit bendable, i.e. you can easily move it back and forth a bit. The entire figure feels different, actually.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 09:10 AM »
Anyone have a handy list of how many times they've done the Snowtrooper Commander/Officer over the years?  I know there's been...

- 2003 Saga 03-19
- 2006 Saga-011
- 2007 30AC ESB Tin (Saga 03-19 with removable helmet)
- 2014 Black Series Wave 5

Am I forgetting any?

There was one in the Target Exclusive Ultimate Battle Pack (second from the right)

Damn.  I never realized there were quite so many variations to those particular figures.  Thanks for the comparison shot, Jay.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2014, 01:23 PM »

In the pic with the Ewok, he's kneeling and actually leaning on his skirt ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2014, 02:28 PM »
He can't sit, he can't kneel on his knees (got the trooper to do that).  Sorry Incom, I'm not with you on the skirt...  Hasbro, for $11, needed to deliver a cloth Kama ala the TVC and beyond figure I feel.  Not sure why, after all the time they've done otherwise, they went with a plastic one.  It is the only real detracting feature to the figure IMO.  The hands are no biggie to me.  I can see where they annoy some folks, but they're such a minor quibble.

The skirt means he's either standing or walking, but he won't do much more.  That's a flaw when the guy has 6 points of articulation just below the waistline.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:09 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2014, 07:47 AM »
I agree. Hasbro is so concerned about cutting costs, if they were going to go with a plastic kama, why not cut back the ball jointed legs and ankles?

Figure looks nice from the waist up though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2014, 08:46 PM »
I saw a lone Torryn Farr at 2 different Targets in the past 2 days, probably one of those random figures from a partial case that showed up as we have been hearing about.
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2014, 11:51 AM »
Found a fresh case of Wave 4 at TRU just now... and I passed? Yup, I actually have no need for Bastilla (got the TVC version of her)  and I figure I can nab Dack for cheap on Amazon. The rest I'll get in Wave 5, whenever I decide to order a case.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2014, 01:54 PM »
I saw the "new" Bastila Shan today and was not impressed. The first iteration seemed a lot crisper as far as paint apps. The brown parts were pretty washed out on the newer one.
"Those fighting to be included in the ideal of equality are not being divisive; those fighting to keep those people out are."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Saw some of wave 4 today, too. Since I already split a case and got the set I just picked up another Snowtrooper Commander.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback