Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Star Wars "Command" - Lil Plastic Army Men Line

(1/3) > >>

Jesse James:
Basically Hasbro's trying the "little plastic army men" idea in the line...

Didn't Hasbro already try these?  Between mini-Unleashed, and the original Clone Wars 3-packs?  ???

Jesse James:
2" Scale? 

Again, wasn't this tried in the old mini-Unleashed line?   :-\

Tied to Rebels... striking while the iron is hot I guess, and they're cheap to make things like this so little risk for possible reward.  I don't see them taking off though.

If it were a playable game ala miniatures battles, and one that focused on "army building", I'd actually be more interested in the concept myself.

Jeff:
It is not tied to Rebels, the figures come from all the sources.

I think my favorite was a tusken with gaffi stick that mimicked the classic "guy with bayonette raised over his head" army guy.  There is a Star Destroyer remote control thing too...  definitely not just Rebels.

And they are different from mini-unleashed since they are single-color, dirt cheap army men (only Star War characters).  If you've ever played with army men, you'll seee they replicated so many of the "classic" poses - sniper, medic, officer with pistol drawn, etc.

Jesse James:
I didn't realize they weren't painted too...  Interesting.  I've noticed little bags of army guys making a comeback in toy aisles.  Those had gone away for a while...  Can't argue that "dirt cheap" angle...  If it works great, if not, probably didn't impact their overall budget enough to matter.  Like Angry Birds/Pods the stuff is probably just so cheap to manufacture that you can't go wrong trying.

Jeff:
And here's the Toy Fair 2014 Gallery. 

I think these are kind of fun from a simple toy perspective.  Like you said Jesse, this is sort of the new, dirt cheap Angry Birds / Fighter Pods / whatever.  Not sure kids play with army guys anymore, but like you said Jesse they are making a comeback of sorts.

Here's that Tusken I was talking about...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version