Collectibles > Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars Hero Series X-Wing

<< < (3/8) > >>

Jesse James:
Fun fact...

29 Inches long on this ship means it's actually 1/17 scale, almost on the nose.  Star Wars figures range anywhere from 1/17 to 1/20 (the newer more lean to 1/20).  Given leeway in scale in Star Wars ships (lifesize props, IE: set pieces, tend to be smaller than listed measurements, and most hero ships have a variety of models that don't all sync up), I'd say you can kiss my grits on this ship not being for figures. :)

It may not FIT figures, but from a customizer's standpoint, this is a lot better than anything Hasbro's ever made, in terms of getting an X-Wing that LOOKS right with the figures around it.  I'll figure out how to make it work. ;)

McMetal:
So close...and yet so far.

All you really need to customize on this thing is the cockpit, it seems to me. If you could just cut into the plastic and hinge it somehow, seems like you'd be good to go.

Darth_Anton:
This thing is such a puzzle. I wasn't quite prepared for how out of scale this was to anything until I saw it in person. It's overwhelming.

Jesse James:
If the length and wingspan are correct on the box Anton, the ships actually near dead on scale to Hasbro 4" figures.  1/17.  SW figs are anywhere from there to 1/20.  Plus the variances in model and prop scales factored in of course...  It's incredibly accurate that way.  If the wings opened I'd buy 12.  They don't appear to though so it'll be good for hangar scenes and customizing.

Phrubruh:
Saw this last night. The wings don't open. The plastic is the same plastic used for the Star Speeder 3000. Kind of cheap but solid. There isn't a lot of detail on the ship however it could be made to look fantastic with a paint job. The R2 is just a dome like what was included in the ROTS Jedi starfighters. It think the slot could be drilled out to hold a real R2. The is nothing inside the toy and no other play features. I guess we could cut the canopy off and build out some kind of cockpit for a figure. It's big enough to hold a figure in there. The canopy could be recasted clear.  Electronics could be taken from the FX version and stored inside. The wings could be cut  and extra plastic sheets added to the holes.

It's interesting it says Disney on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version