Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 6  (Read 17378 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 6
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 12:35 AM »
Thanks Jesse.  The 10% one isn't enough to get me to put in a small order, and the holiday one isn't working for me. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 01:17 AM »
HOLIDAY may be on specific toys, not sure.  It just came to me today.

Kinda weird to give that specific code to enter, but it only works with certain toys, but then again HTS isn't exactly normal either.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2014, 06:35 AM »
HOLIDAY may be on specific toys, not sure.  It just came to me today.

Kinda weird to give that specific code to enter, but it only works with certain toys, but then again HTS isn't exactly normal either.  :-\

I read the fine print. It's only for toys in the "hot holiday toys" list.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2014, 06:56 AM »
I didn't see the deals (thanks to the Yakface twitter anyway!) until after I had placed my order. It came out to $39 after tax and shipping which is $13 per figure, not too outrageous and maybe $1-2 more than what I usually see on Amazon (and the only store still stocking 3.75 inch figures is TRU, which overstocked Wave 4, so they'll be sitting on Dagobah Lukes and Yodas until TBS ends).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline RyanMan12

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2014, 09:03 AM »
starkilllers in stock

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Picked up both R5 G19 and Luke at two different TRU's this weekend. Nice to have them both out of the way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2014, 04:28 PM »
10HTSDISC is the current coupon code available.

10% off.

That code didn't work for me.  I ordered the 2 new figures from this wave plus a couple of TBS 6" figures (ROTS Anakin & Episode II Clone).  Placing an order over $50 automatically qualifies for free shipping.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:31 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2014, 06:58 PM »
Not sure when it expired but it was working when those figures went up at first.  I had them in my cart and the discount was working, but that was days ago now and the discount wasn't new.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Checked out TRU a couple of days ago. They had 11 R5-G19s and no other figures on the pegs. Where did they get 11 R5s? Someone must have dumped them here. Picked up StarKiller off ebay for $10.51. Considering ebay an paypal fees, I think the seller lost money on this one.  :)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 04:51 PM »
I was able to pick up Luke and R5 this week, both are pretty nice figures. So is this it as far as basic (Black Series) figures for this year? Nice to be caught up, but it sure seemed like a slow year. If I were smarter, and would limit myself to just this line (and really, just OT), it would have been a pretty cheap year.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Checked out TRU a couple of days ago. They had 11 R5-G19s and no other figures on the pegs. Where did they get 11 R5s? Someone must have dumped them here. Picked up StarKiller off ebay for $10.51. Considering ebay an paypal fees, I think the seller lost money on this one.  :)

Maybe a solid case of the R5s got shipped to a brick-and-mortar store instead of staying in their online distribution center inventory?

I could be mistaken but I thought those solid cases of a single figure were for the online shops only so that they could specifically sell by-the-figure.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 01:01 AM »
Spotted this wave at my local TRU today. Since I got everything from HTS I passed, though I did snag a second Vader since it has the corrected neck post and the head no longer falls off.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 09:12 AM »
I got these from HTS.  Mostly because I wanted to bundle them with the 6" TBS Anakin and AOTC Clone Trooper and get free shipping.

Actually, I'm a little surprised and disappointed that Hasbro used the B-A-F droid parts for R5-G-19.  The R5-D4 mold was fine, and I would've been happy with that.  The BAF seems like a copout with those extra holes in the droid body.

Feedback

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2014, 01:57 AM »
After having never seen a single Starkiller or Malgus during their previous TVC run, I've now seen at least 10 Starkillers and 5 Malgus this week in the new blue TBS wave between several Targets and TRUs nearby.  Crazy.  I kinda wish the paint apps were identical to their TVC run, so I could skip needing to backtrack for their TVC openers.  Oh well.  Probably close enough for most (normal) folks though, fortunately.  Tons of the rest of this wave everywhere I've been lately as well (R5, Luke, Vader, Yoda).  When it rains, it pours, I guess.  Hopefully this pleasant (shocking) uptick in distribution lasts for a while, 'cause the past couple of years have been absolute ****...
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 6, 2014, 08:44 AM »
The Malgus and Starkiller situation is beyond odd.  I've been seeing a fair amount of wave 6 at retail over the past few weeks, too.  And what's selling through fastest of all?  The Malgus and Starkiller reissues!!!!!!  You would think that *MAYBE* the first figures to sell through would be the new Hoth Luke and R5-G19 since they're new figures, but no.  It's Malgus and Starkiller!

Feedback