Author Topic: SDCC'14 Exclusive 6" Jabba the Hutt's Throne Room Set  (Read 26619 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC'14 Exclusive 6" Jabba the Hutt's Throne Room Set
« Reply #90 on: August 4, 2014, 10:40 AM »
Wow.  Still up after 30 minutes.  Didn't Boba Fett last something like 90 seconds last year?

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #91 on: August 4, 2014, 11:24 AM »
Is it same price as the Con, $70.00 tax included.
He's no good to me open

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #92 on: August 4, 2014, 11:27 AM »
Is it same price as the Con, $70.00 tax included.

$64.99 - sold out at about 11am ET
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 4, 2014, 12:21 PM »
Missed it by an hour.   ::)  I thought it might be this morning, so checked before work, but was too early, then too late.  Meh.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 4, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Oh well.  I'll just get the regular Jabba unless they decide to make more available.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 4, 2014, 03:01 PM »
Probably worth it to keep checking today... it's popped back into and out of stock a couple of times, very quickly.

Also, the eBay prices weren't that bad already - he can be had for about $15 or $20 more than HTS was charging if that's not going to break your budget.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 5, 2014, 09:08 PM »
I received mine in the mail today...immensely more impressive than the regular retail version with that gaping empty space. I haven't taken it fully out of the packaging yet, as it sort of looks perfect as is, but I'm sure I won't be able to resist for long.

For some reason online chatter had me thinking Crumb was non-articulated but that is not the case, his arms and neck swivel around nicely.

Probably overpaid for this in retrospect, but you never know how these things are going to pan out, and it's certainly a fine set all things considered. I'm happy.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 9, 2014, 10:28 PM »
So, it appears the whole "taking it out of the package" deal is not so easy as I assumed. Some genius thought it would be a good idea to glue the $%^* plastic inserts to the diorama. And apparently they used the opposite of whatever kind of glue goes around their actual bubbles on cards, because this stuff is super-bonded.  ::)

Since there is no way to remove the plastic without ruining the diorama, I guess it is staying in place. I could cut it back I suppose but I'd just as soon keep this as close to original state as possible.

Pretty poor design flaw IMO, there was no similar issue with Boba and Han last year, though I guess that was less a diorama than just fancy packaging. Still, you could get the damn figures in and out at least without slicing the thing up.

Nice job on the actual characters though, I'm very pleased with how Jabba came out and Crumb is better than I expected.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Anyone else having trouble getting your Jabba delivered?

Fedex is requiring an in-person signature, and won't let me sign the door tag and leave it for tomorrow.

The pick-up location is about an hour away from my house on the south side, and rerouting it to my office is going to delay by 24 to 48 hours.

All because freaking HasBLOW seemingly is requiring me to physically be there to sign for it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Anyone else having trouble getting your Jabba delivered?

Fedex is requiring an in-person signature, and won't let me sign the door tag and leave it for tomorrow.

The pick-up location is about an hour away from my house on the south side, and rerouting it to my office is going to delay by 24 to 48 hours.

All because freaking HasBLOW seemingly is requiring me to physically be there to sign for it.

Glad my wife was home today to get my SDCC Jabba. 

Seems completely unnecessary to have to sign for a $60 item.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2014, 12:08 AM »
Used to be that it was, but people keep pulling "I wasn't there and it got stolen" scams I think.  Fed Ex seems to be doing this more often.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2014, 12:26 AM »
I called to have it rerouted to my office and Fedex said the request was on Hasbro's end... For whatever that's worth.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2014, 01:08 AM »
Hmmm, that's odd.  So your request has to Fed Ex to ship it where you can actually get it during the day, has to go to Hasbro to be sent back to Fed Ex?  Ugh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2014, 07:53 AM »
I had to sign for $60 worth of t-shirts I had delivered a few weeks back, but that was a package from Japan and they have wacky shipping/delivery laws there. No clue why Hasbro would want a signature. If it's because of size, why didn't we have to sign for those ridiculous Death Star and Indiana Jones sets from a few years ago.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2014, 09:53 AM »
I had to sign for mine, but luckily I figured this out a few days before the package was to be delivered (thanks to something Yakface tweeted over the weekend) and was able to have it held at the local FedEx store.  Luckily for me, FedEx started holding things there, as up until, well, now, they would only hold things at the local distribution center (which is about a 90 minute drive away) and I would have to take a half day off work to go pick it up. 

The worst part is that a friend/co-worker of mine who also ordered a Jabba had hers rerouted to the same store and, for whatever reason, FedEx screwed up and didn't reroute it correctly, so they are still attempting to deliver it to her home.  She got the notice on her front door saying "Customer Not Home; Will Reattempt Tomorrow" despite her having called at least twice by this point (and having confirmation calls and emails to prove it was supposed to be redirected) to ensure the package be held at the FedEx store where I picked mine up.

As for the quality of my package, let's just say "abysmal" would be an understatement.  Jabba was miraculously (mostly) okay, with only a minor ding on the lower right back corner of the box and some "shelf wear" on various parts of the packaging, but the shipping box looked like someone had dropped an anvil on the end of it.  Completely crushed on one side like an accordion.  I'm shocked and amazed that the toy itself wasn't caved in, especially since Hasbro seemed to simply throw the toy inside the oversized box with only some brown paper as packing material.  Part of me wonders why Hasbro would ship something they know is a collectible that people are buying based on packaging and presentation in such a slipshod manner, but then I remember it's Hasbro and their company is built on asinine decisions and never learning from their mistakes.

That being said, Jabba is a nice looking toy.  Wish the dais was "real" and not simply cardboard, but it's nice to have a Crumb and the hookah/pipe to go with him.  Only wish I hadn't missed out on the Carbonite Han last year.