Author Topic: SDCC'14 Exclusive 6" Jabba the Hutt's Throne Room Set  (Read 26524 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC'14 Exclusive 6" Jabba the Hutt's Throne Room Set
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 10:28 AM »
Used to be that it was, but people keep pulling "I wasn't there and it got stolen" scams I think.  Fed Ex seems to be doing this more often.

Not quite... they'll reroute it here and it should be here today or (more likely) tomorrow. 

What they couldn't do, was leave it at my door without a physical signature.  I.E., I couldn't sign the slip and leave it for them.  They claimed on the phone that this was something the shipper required.

The pickup location is way down on the south side of Chicago and I live way up on the north side, going there would be a major headache.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2014, 10:53 AM »
I'm shocked and amazed that the toy itself wasn't caved in, especially since Hasbro seemed to simply throw the toy inside the oversized box with only some brown paper as packing material.  Part of me wonders why Hasbro would ship something they know is a collectible that people are buying based on packaging and presentation in such a slipshod manner, but then I remember it's Hasbro and their company is built on asinine decisions and never learning from their mistakes.

Shipping issues aside - I don't believe Hasbro and HTS are of the same.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2014, 11:20 AM »
For anyone still trying to order one, the SDCC version of Jabba is in stock at the moment over at HTS.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-the-black-series-6-jabbas-throne-room-set?BR=495&ID=33689
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:20 AM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20 PM »
Wow, almost an hour later and he's still there...   either they have a larger allotment this time or it makes a difference not having a horde of collectors F5ing constantly after a week of waiting. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2014, 01:33 PM »
I went ahead and got one. After a week of looking at the retail one and fence sitting with him, I figured what the hell.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2014, 08:17 PM »
And, he's gone again.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Despite being told they would deliver to my office today, there was another slip on my door when I got home.

DHL is much better at this than FedEx.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2014, 12:44 AM »
At the Con they were bringing boxes of jabba's out to the front and they were all damaged with shelf ware and soft corners. I sent back about three of the five I got because of it. Did I mention I have a few to sell ;)
He's no good to me open

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2014, 12:24 PM »
More updates even though this doesn't matter to anyone but me... I called last night and they said they'd look into it and that they'd call me by 10:30 this morning and that I should call if I don't hear from them.

Of course I didn't, so I called and was told that the shipper restrictions meant they could not re-route the package and that it was on the truck to go to my house again today.  Which wont' work.

Three phone calls later and I spoke to a woman who said she'd re-route to the FedEx Kinko's by my house, but I doubt it's going to work.

The pick-up location is a two hour round trip from my house. 

I should have just kept my BBTS order and paid the extra $30.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2014, 01:10 PM »
Rob, after seeing pics on the packing woes and the several round-trips its making, I'd fear to see what the box looks like.

Does FedEx deliver on the weekend?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2014, 01:50 PM »
They do, and allegedly Saturday is my final delivery attempt, but the Chicago Air and Water Show is this weekend and I'll be damned if I'm staying home to wait for a toy when the Blue Angels are right down the street.

I don't care if the box is roughed up as long as the contents aren't broken, I open everything anyway.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:50 PM by Rob »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2014, 05:05 PM »
On my not Jabba HTS SDCC order confrimation it specifically mentions that a signature will be required.  Glad I'm having my stuff delivered to work or I'd be stuck in that same boat.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Until very recently my wife worked out of our house... but that's not going to fly anymore.  From here on out I'll have stuff shipped directly to the office for sure.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Rob, just give me the extra $30 and I'll ship it to where ever you want, and i'll even kick the box to make it look professional   :D
He's no good to me open

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2014, 10:08 PM »
Ha.

I got a call from someone at FedEx about two hours ago and they're telling me that they'll reroute to the FedEx-Kinkos near my house tomorrow.  So, in theory I'll be able to pick it up right down the street tomorrow, but I'm expecting something else to be screwy with that plan.