Author Topic: 6" Black Series Wave 5 (2014 Wave 3)  (Read 10553 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 6" Black Series - 2014 Wave 3
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 09:21 PM »
6" Black Series Wave 5 Rev 1 Pre-Order at EE (8 figures, $159.99):
1x Chewbacca
2x Darth Vader
1x Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
1x Sandtrooper
3x Boba Fett

This case asst. has been canceled :(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 09:28 PM »
I posted this on the yak forum, but I wonder what it all means?  Too many Fetts (throw in Carbonite Han, please)?  Not enough interest?  The end of the line?  A re-do?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 10:35 PM »
I thought Yoda's News mentioned solid Stormtrooper/Fett cases as a possibility coming up, so perhaps they canned this assortment for that possibility?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Retailers may not have been overly receptive towards an 8 figure case, especially with how lightly they have been stocking recently.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 08:58 AM »
Said it before, and I'll say it again - they have no idea what they are doing with this line. They just can't stop jerking around with it...4 new figures per case becomes 3 with a repack, 4 waves per year becomes maybe 3 if we're lucky, Chewie drops out of the Anakin wave, this case assortment gets cancelled, etc.

Maybe it doesn't amount to much ultimately but it really seems like they are struggling with figuring out how to run this line.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01 AM »
I'm sure there's more to it than we are privy to.  It's unfortunate that they don't have a PR group interested in communication with the fandom to help us understand issues like this.  Without any information, all we can do is speculate on their assumed incompetence.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »
Retailers may not have been overly receptive towards an 8 figure case, especially with how lightly they have been stocking recently.

I asked Hasbro about the 8 pc cases going forward and they said their wouldn't be any. Later in the day that asst. was canceled.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 5, 2014, 12:02 AM »
I opened up Jedi Luke, Chewbacca and Darth Vader tonight. Initial thoughts:

Chewbacca is terrific, the sculpt and paint apps really seem to mesh well here and even the elognated neck isn't too annoying. The eyes on mine were pretty on point, but still seemed to be the weak point somehow. Maybe the pupils are too small? Sounds silly but it's the only thing that really bugs me about the figure.

Jedi Luke is growing on me more than I thought he would.  You can get a good range of poses out of him, and the two handed lightsaber grab is no problemo. The face sculpt itself is ok, but again the eyes are the weak point here. He's got a real case of puppy dog eyes, but even worse, no matter how you position his head he always looks like he's just staring brainlessly at nothing. Obi Wan had a similar thing going on. I think a scowl would maybe come across better.

Vader bugs me. I noticed in the package his helmet was slightly ajar and after opening him I found I cant really keep the mask pressed down tight to the bottom piece. It keeps floating up and looks stupid. A separate old Anakin head would have been a much better way to go. On the bright side, the cape sewn through the chestplate isn't as atrocious as I suspected it might be. I was able to drape it over his shoulders in such a way as to hide the strings. I gotta jimmy with those inner robes though, they definitely do not look right around the codpiece. And yeah, he needs a neck. It's an ok figure overall, I just wish they had done a little better job with arguably the central character of the whole franchise.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 02:16 PM »
I opened the Vader and Chewie. I love the Vader, but what really bugs me is the wrist articulation. I said it before on the 3 3/4 one, but Vader really, really needs opposite wrist articulation so he can point his lightsaber. It's such a great pose on any figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 12:30 PM »
Have these been found outside of Walgreens yet?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Have these been found outside of Walgreens yet?

Yes.  I saw them at TRU a week ago (Well, just the Sandtrooper).  Of course, I've never seen the wave previous to it since we're mired in Leias, Greedos, and Hans.