Community > Other Toy Lines

Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy

<< < (2/16) > >>

Jesse James:
A reminder that BBTS has TWO Aliens available for pre-order and that line is given the green light to expand if these two Aliens do well enough at retail.  It'll expand to Colonial Marines and Power Suit as well...  So, yeah, pre-order Aliens: Colonial Marines figures on BBTS, please!

Jeff:
I see a few more on BBTS today.   Said it before, but man are these some nice looking figures.  Can't to get my hands on the alien soldier to test the quality.

Alien Boiler:

Alien Spitter:

Jesse James:
Quick dates on those...  June.  I'm surprised.  I think the Warrior up at BBTS is not due till like 3rd or 4th quarter?

Jesse James:
Packaged pics surfaced and the warrior comes with a facehugger too, and multiple hands.  Niiiiiiiice.

https://twitter.com/HiyaToys/status/476758339393560576/photo/1

Jesse James:
Friend of the site Melvin hooked me up with multiple images of the Alien Warrior, which is insane.

First, these come with extra sets of hands, eggs, and facehugger, plus a simple but visually appealing environmental stand (in this case, a simple steel grate floor).  That alone, I'm hooked a lot more now knowing that they're like a high-end figure in a small scale rather than just an alien in a box. 

It's something that, if Hasbro (haha) were to up the ante on Star Wars figures, I think "posed" hands ala a Sideshow figure would be the way to go.  Vader with a fist hand, and pointing, and an choking, and just plain holding a saber, would be pretty awesome.

It's like the last step they can make really, but I digress.

The Alien does come with these hands though, and that's neat because it gives them a little character (imagine it on something a lot less "animal" like?  Just sayin' it's a great idea Hiya Toys is basically pioneering here).  These are a great little idea, and something I've tried to customize a bit myself just for extra realism should I want it.

The articulation looks sick as hell, and the paint apps are something we've not seen in quite a while on a Star Wars figure.  Comparatively speaking, this is pretty outstanding stuff, especially for essentially a Chinese company's imported toy (IE: Not an American toy made in China but for the US market).

The price stings a little...  $22-ish is pricey for any figure, but I bought the Hot Toys Snap Kits by the case, and basically this is similarly priced (adjusting for inflation).  So I can't gripe a lot.

The detail, wow...  I'm anxious now, more than ever, to see these do well so the company hopefully continues this line to include the Power Suit and Colonial Marine figures (even if they're just generic non "Aliens" ones).

Click the thumbnails below to check out each image, and a big thanks to friend of the site Melvin for sharing:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version