Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy  (Read 33510 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 07:39 PM »
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC694398&id=JE-405087801

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC694399&id=JE-405087801

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC694401&id=JE-405087801

These are now available for pre-order at Entertainment Earth, which is awesome since the free shipping will more than make up for the order being placed.

Not available till March however, via Previews who I guess are importing these (the hurdle the company is facing getting them sold here in the US).

I'm anxious to get 2 Power Loader suits and 2x each of the Marines.

I also am getting some extra Aliens, as they come with eggs, floor plate stands, and facehuggers...  Not bad for the price when you factor all of it in.

And in other news, Hiya teased on facebook that they're looking intently at doing a 1/18 APC ( :o) and were asking people if they had hi-res scans of the blueprints for it that are around.  Seem quite serious about at least making an attempt at it.  I can't guess on price, but assuming it'll be more than the $84 for the power loader.  :P  I'm willing to shell it out honestly.  It's stuff like this makes me feel good about toy purchases, actually. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 01:59 PM »
Man, i might have to cave on the APC...that thing looks tight!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 01:18 AM »
Yeah, Hiya kinda won the toy world twitter today...  :o

They'd been teasing about this for a while on social media, and I'd spoken with them regarding it.  They got blueprints that are official from the movie I guess, and have been released in some books that are high end.

The fact that they're even entertaining the idea of making it...  Good lord.  It'll be big, but not HUGE to the point I think it's cost prohibitive.  The thing ain't gonna be free though, but I would love to own that regardless.  Given what I've seen work for other lines though, they can pull it off I think.  Hell I'd love to try a 3D print of it even like they did.  Costly but if that were the only way to get it, hey, such is life.

I'm still waiting for my Power Loaders to process...  Fully poseable, hydraulic lines, etc.  If I have a gripe it appears to be that the hazard light doesn't light up, and I think I can fix it so it will easy enough. ;)

Love me some Aliens figures and hardware.

Now hopefully we get a Newt, Ripley, and the rest of the Marines...  Their facesculpts are kind of walking the line of video game animations/skins, and I think that's intentional, but they look good enough for me.  Nobody's making good 3.75" Aliens figures, not since Hot Toys and those command high premiums now.  I'll happily support this line. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 09:48 PM »
These are shipping...  Got the notice to pay up.  I'm anxious to get the Marines and Power Loader to review here.  See how they look with some Impy Techs helming them too.  :D

Hiya is at SDCC, and will have the APC proto there I guess.  They CLAIM a holiday release on that, but given how the Marines and PL got pushed back repeatedly I'm not expecting that to stick.  You never know though.  They're just such a small company, that's a tall order for them I think.  They've been working on this since last year though so hey, who knows.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 08:38 PM »
Hiya's 4" scale APC is winning the day at SDCC.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Holy ****.

I love the NECA Aliens stuff. I'd buy all of it but I've limited myself to SW. Amazing though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 09:57 PM »
This isn't Neca, this is Hiya, so 4" scale not 7" or whatever goofy scale Neca does...  They're like not quite 6" I've heard.  Cool looking.

This is much more up my alley.  And I mix it with Star Wars...  The Aliens are always running around kickin stormtrooper ass.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 12:42 AM »
OMG!  That APC is just amazing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 05:58 PM »
Wondering what the price will be on this thing...that is an insane amount of interior detailing. Very well done, I commend them.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36 AM »
Their power loader is between $84 and $100-ish and so I'm assuming the APC won't be cheap.  We have more Hiya News in store too.  Ant got some time with their reps.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 11:08 PM »
We'll have a brief write-up from Darth_Anton at SDCC regarding the Aliens APC they're working on...  The enthusiasm the company's representatives showed, and the way they engaged fans visiting their booth, is impressive.  Stay tuned for it to be posted to the front page later this week!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Also, got a Marine sample from Hiya to review...  Look for that soon.  It's an interesting mixed bag.  Mostly good, but not without some room for improvement.  We'll have a front page story up on it after my vacation is done.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Hiya updated their facebook page with some video of their latest Aliens APC prototype...  They're basically showing off how many moving parts it has, as that's a vehicle with a lot to work with.

https://www.facebook.com/Hiyatoys/

It looks like the Lt.'s chair by the monitoring screens slides back and forth, the back drops to allow seating for the Marines in the rear, the main cannon slides on its rails for entering low clearance buildings, the side door slides open/closed (so Hicks can blast an alien trying to hold the door open), and so much more!  Tons of detail on this.  I have their Power Loader, and LOVE it.  Worth every cent I paid, and looks as good in a Star Wars display as it does an Aliens one.  It's very much like a model though, and a tad fragile compared to a traditional "toy" so if you pick one of those up, just go cautiously setting it up and posing it. (just a warning)

I'm really hoping they pull off the APC...  with as much teasing as they've done with it, I cannot imagine they don't get this into production and complete.  Their timetables may be slow, but it's worth the wait IMO.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2016, 02:06 AM »
http://www.jedidefender.com/modx/index.php?id=2313

Hiya went nutty and posted a gallery of paint master pics of the APC...  and seemingly accidentally revealed it will light up in the C/O's command seat!  That is a ton of toy greatness.  I'm buying two, minimum.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: January 3, 2017, 03:58 AM »
And up for pre-order on EE is the APC! 

Aliens 1/18 APC (Hiya Toys)

When your jaw comes up off the floor from the price, realize this thing is what collectors want basically, and it's an import, and it's totally badass, and cool **** costs money these days.  As much a model as it is a toy.  Can't wait.  Only wish the Power Loader light lit up now that I see they're incorporating lights into this so much.

They're hinting they are working on feasibility of the Dropship that dumps the APC off...  Fly the friendly skies! :)

Not everyone's cup of tea at $250, but at this point and given what building your own would require, this is pretty awesome really.  I've paid as much or more for some things, but not many really.  At least not in the toy realm anyway.  Some 1/16 armor but that's been about it.  :-X  That said, pre-order is in from me.  I'm gonna eyeball it for a 2nd one too, but probably not a full priced one unless they go near sell-out.