Author Topic: Ghostbusters  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Ghostbusters
« on: January 30, 2014, 12:44 PM »
Who ya gonna call?

BILLUND, Denmark, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The LEGO Group today announced that its latest quarterly review of LEGOŽ CUUSOO consumer inspiration platform has designated that a LEGO Ghostbusters ECTO-1 will be produced for sale under a licensing agreement from Sony Pictures Consumer Products. The item is the sixth user-designed and submitted product to be manufactured from the LEGO CUUSOO platform after receiving the requisite 10,000 fan votes to be considered for production.

Made famous by the 1984 Ghostbusters film, the ECTO-1 was selected for production due to its broad worldwide appeal and the fact that the iconic model lends itself to challenging and creative building for both children and adult fans. The LEGO replica of ECTO-1 will include minifigures. The model is still in the final design stages and availability and pricing will be announced at a later date.

Brent Waller, a 3-D Environment Artist in the video game industry from Brisbane, Australia designed the original model, which he called Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Concept. Consumers whose LEGO CUUSOO ideas are selected for production earn one percent of the total net sales of the product.

LEGO CUUSOO is the global crowdsourcing platform that allows consumers to submit their ideas for new LEGO products. Submissions that receive 10,000 fan votes on LEGO.cuusoo.com are then reviewed quarterly by the company and considered for production. Other LEGO CUUSOO projects that have been produced for sale include: NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover, the DeLorean time machine from Back to the Future, LEGO Minecraft Microworld, Hayabusa asteroid explorer and the Shinkai 6500 submarine.

More info here:
http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2014/01/30/fall-2013-review-ghostbusters/
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:55 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ghostbusters
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2014, 11:12 AM »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2014, 01:01 PM »
I picked up this set today at the local Lego Store.  Looks sweet.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:52 AM »
Ordered this set at the beginning of June and got it in the mail last weekend. Put it together the same day. Fun build, and the model looks a heck of a lot better than the BTTF DeLorean when it's all said and done, and I love the BTTF set too!

There are a few small modifications I want to make but that's the beauty of LEGO!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:07 AM »
I was shocked to see this set at my local Toys R Us yesterday.

I don't recall Toys R Us getting in any shipments of the BTTF DeLorean - maybe I they did and just missed it.

I heard there are problems with the instruction manual/collectors book that comes with the set - that the bindings fail and pages from the middle start to come out - so I'm going to hold off for a bit in hopes that later production runs of the set don't have that issue - if that does happen to you, I read on Brickset.com that Lego customer support will take your information and send you a replacement when they get new/better/fixed books made.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 08:49 AM »
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-headquarters-75827-official-set-image/

Ghostbusters Firehouse.  Love it, now if we can just get a decent sized Stay Puff Marshmallow Man (I know there's a minifigure coming in Lego Dimensions) and Gozer & her dogs, we'd be all set. I might even take some GBII figures, particularly the four GBs in their new uniforms, Viggo the huge melon head Carpathian and the Scoleri brothers.  No Janosz though, that dude sucks.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 8, 2016, 10:38 AM »
I got Ecto-1 in 2014 and I'm still deciding on the firehouse.