Author Topic: Series 10 Minifigures  (Read 11612 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 10 Minifigures
« on: February 27, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Series 10 CMF

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Series 10 Minifigures
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 07:11 PM »
What a fantastic series!

:)

The mini sad clown, the Medusa, Roman officer, Colonial US guy, Mohawk, Spartan woman, Salty seadog, Cheech (looks like Cheech to me), Bee girl...  Love it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:54 AM »
I'm not as hot on that one as some in the past. 

I'm in for the Indian, Roman, Medusa and the warrior chick but I think that's about it.  Maybe the colonial soldier. 

Medusa will go great with the Minotaur and Cyclops.  I'm a little disappointed there's no space themed guy in this wave though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Apparently the Gold figure is a chase limited to 5000 worldwide...

Gotta get Bee Girl though, and put her in some sort of Pearl Jam display. iPhone girl might end up sexting Vader :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 7, 2013, 05:22 AM »
Local Wal-Marts put out their polybags today. All were $3.97:

-- Star Wars Mini Z-95 Headhunter
-- Hobbit Gandalf
-- DC Mini Batmobile
-- Galaxy Squad Orange Guy and Mech Walker
-- City Police Chopper (same one that was free on LEGO.com last month)
-- Legends of Chima 4 wheeler thing

I snagged the first four from that list. The Galaxy Squad set is pretty awesome. There's another one at TRU with a Green Guy and a bug that's equally as awesome. Both of them have convinced me to snag some of those sets.

I'm also considering some of those expensive modular building sets as backgrounds for the DC/Marvel guys. Just wish I had the cash, space won't be a problem after I finish my "spring cleaning" in which I plan on putting some of the older Star Wars sets in storage. :(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:09 PM »
BOGO 50% off at TRU this week. Nabbed two of the smaller Galaxy Squad sets. Got both the TRU and Walmart polybags over the last few weeks and they rule, and the sets don't look shabby either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 03:50 PM »
Wish I was near a TRU...  might be a nice chance to nab the larger LOTR/Hobbit sets I've dicked around on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 12:53 AM »
Funny thing is that with the non-licensed sets it's actually a good deal since TRU doesn't mark them up. With stuff like Star Wars and LOTR, the mark-up is so great that even with the sale, the total winds up being the same as if you bought at WM or Target

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35 PM »
See the Series 9 minis are hitting 5 Below now where I find it easier to feel up the sacks.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 11:19 AM »
They're hitting all my local stores en masse, finally felt some up and scored myself a Chicken Suit Guy. :D

Finally done with the ones I want, anything else I'll get with sales. Still trying to pawn off some of my older Series 7/8 sets.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 3, 2013, 11:34 PM »
Spent my tax return on some of the giant modular sets, the Grand Emporium and the Town Hall, wih plans to pick up the new Palace Cinema in the future once I save a bunch of cash. Got the idea to snag these as a backdrop for the superhero sets from a different website and loved the idea, so I figured I would take advantage of the double VIP points going on this week.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Fun story...

First, saw the newest Lego Mini figures out at a local Wal-Mart...  Hadn't seen any news of this yet so great right?  I love walking in and finding new ****.

Now the fun begins...  obese dude is feeling up the sacks with his woman and a child.  Alright, so I him haw around the toy aisle figuring he'll grab a few and leave...  times wearing on, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

So my gf says f it, let's go do our shopping and we'll come back later...

shop shop shop, shop shop shop, shop shop shop....

Come back, literally at least an hour later, and there he STILL is.  OK, this sucks, but I forgot to grab a Frappe at the other end of the store so we'll go back and get that at McD's and come BACK to see if he's finally done...

He's STILL there and she looks thoroughly pissed, and there's the kid holding ONE mini-figure and the fat guy with a stash of a ton of them it seemed...  My gf wanted me to barge in but I figured if this guy's seriously going to spend THAT long there, I can't be bothered.  These'll show up at Target and 5 Below soon enough...  I'll wait.

Irony was I was only going to grab a handful for me and the boys and get what we get...  I like to do that at first before I feel 'em up for the ones I want out of the wave.  Either this guy sucks at figuring out what he wants, or he had to be finding specific ones in bulk because he really had a ton.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 10:31 PM »
Probably was looking for the Mr Gold figure, which they only made 5000 of worldwide

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54 PM »
****, people like that are ********...  I will feel those up to pick out what me and the kids want, but I'm not there to profit or look for chase stuff.  Just get what you want and GTFO so other people can actually pick up something too.

I really hate toys, as an adult hobby, sometimes.  People are embarassing.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 04:20 AM »
Yeah, I mean I feel up the packages and sometimes I mis-read and get something I don't want... oh well, life goes on. I figure if he's extremely pissed about it, he's obviously only looking to sell it on eBay (where the Mr Golds are currently going for $500+)