Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

The Hasbro/Retail/Case Pack Situation

<< < (10/10)

Dave:
I wonder how detailed that information from retailers even is that they provide to Hasbro. 

I don't think Target even tracks anything more detailed than at the DPCI number, so they can't tell the difference between how fast or slow a Stormtrooper is selling vs. a Wedge figure.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on March 25, 2014, 03:00 PM ---I forget when HTS went live.  If there was a press statement laying out any specifics on it?
--- End quote ---

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7562.0  :)

HTS and it's inventories are owned by Hasbro, but the order fulfillment part works like Dave said - stock is sent to third party that picks/sorts/ships the orders at multiple locations around the USA.  Lots of online places do this to save costs.

And, for Dave, here's something I said in that thread way back in 2005 -

--- Quote from: Jeff on July 15, 2005, 10:41 AM ---Maybe, just maybe Hasbro will learn a little something about Case Assortments/ratios from the store before it goes under... (one can hope, right? :-\)
--- End quote ---

HTS hasn't gone under yet, but here we are 9 years later still hoping they will learn something from the HTS shopping patterns.

Jesse James:
Wow, only since 05?  That's surprising.  I would've guessed it was up longer than that.

Yeah short of assortment number information, which I assume is kept track of to some degree, I don't know.  Individual figure UPC's matter at all other retailers though, so I imagine they get maybe better tracking info from a TRU or WM then?  Or they too just maybe go by assortment numbers.  Hasbro will say, "X figure sold really well..." though.

I never see the Hasbro reps people have seen over the years...  Separate topic of course, but it just strikes me weird that I think I have seen a Hasbro rep two times since 1995 in a toy aisle.  I don't know how important they are (were?), or if they even still do that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version