Author Topic: GI Joe Convention 2014  (Read 4193 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
GI Joe Convention 2014
« on: April 8, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Anyone from JD going to the Con this year?  I'm not going to be there and didn't buy either of the sets.  I don't care for the Zombie stuff and didn't feel the value was there on the 12" set for what's included. 

Without Hasbro attending the Con, it's not looking like we'll get any new reveals or see any samples of the 50th stuff coming to TRU later this year.  While there may be some good, informative panels, I think the most I could hope for at this point info on the FSS 3.0, if the Club is doing one.  Maybe hear some plans for their future 12" product since they basically cleaned out the store with that latest sale they had.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Convention 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2014, 10:03 PM »
I'm going for sure.

I've got dinner plans with some different companies that are getting into the collector 3 3/4 figure market.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Typically the Con exclusives don't impress me, but some of the figures this year are very nice. The Zombie Steel Brigade is terrific, and the Clutch doesn't look too bad either. I hope to track down those figures along with Outback and the zombie Dog from the box set, assuming I can find somewhat reasonable prices. The Steel Brigade Pilot also looks neat, but I don't really like the Ghost Hawk so I definitely can't justify the price for that one.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:17 AM »
I'd really like the Joseph Colton figure.  Even though the prices are kinda high, the vehicle offerings this year are pretty nice. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"