Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

<< < (30/49) > >>

BillCable:
He did kinda crumble.  I don't see how he's coming back from that.

Hemish:
Kragle?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nicklab:
Rumors are circulating about a certain SHIELD Agent who may work their way into the ABC series.  He's been referenced in the show, and it could lead to an interesting crossover into some upcoming MCU projects.

Nicklab:
Glad to see the way Agent Carter has wrapped up.  A short season like this really does play well.  I think the British have it right in keeping their television seasons short and sweet,  A 20+ episode season can get somewhat bloated.

Hayley Atwell is fantastic as Peggy Carter.  She reminds you of some of the best aspects of Captain America - The First Avenger and keeps things grounded in that world.  Dominic Cooper has also been great in expanding the realization of Howard Stark.  He was an interesting character in the first Cap film and we got to see some small snippets of him in the Iron Man films.  But here he seems like the Howard Hughes genius inventor/business tycoon sort of character that I think he was intended to be.  And Jarvis?  I think he's been very well realized.  I almost didn't recognize the actor until I IMDB'd him and found that he was also in Master & Commander.  But I think the character gives some great insight into the personality of Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S. artificial intelligence.

The way the season has run it looks like we're building more and more towards the official founding of SHIELD.  The SSR seems like it was more of a classic government intel/law enforcement agency, and far less sophisticated than the SHIELD we came to know in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  It also seems like we got some keen insight into some of the background of the Black Widow project with Dottie and her "classmates".  And now with her on the run and Doctor Faustus in custody?  And Zola as his cellmate?  That's another interesting tie-in to the Cap films and the eventual infiltration of Hydra into SHIELD.

I'm hopeful that another season of Agent Carter will be coming to spell us while Agents of SHIELD is on hiatus.  Because we're essentially getting a great look at two distinct eras of SHIELD.

Qui-Gon Jim:
I agree.  I loved Agent Carter.  Lots of cool nods to references made in the films.  I think the shorter season was perfect, no filler, no stretching.  I was also impressed that they didn't get her right into another relationship right away. 

Anyone looking for well written, strong female characters needs to watch this show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version