Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

<< < (44/49) > >>

Scockery:
Lash is still loose and so is Powers Boothe.

Some one once called the AoS team the "b-team" (before the Hydra reveal in season 1). And that's what's happening, the B-Team is running what's left of SHIELD. This first half season they didn't accomplish jack diddly squat. Hydra is still around. Lash is loose again. Marooned astronaut is dead. Ward is dead but now some undead space slug host that they weren't supposed to allow on Earth.

And both notable members of that other agency are dead. Those captured inhumans are dead. And Coulson tossed away his awesome hand.

That makes me like the show, though.

Pete_Fett:
I was a tad bit disappointed that instead of killing Ward, Coulson didn't bring him through the portal to face justice. Seemed like too much of a departure from the Coulson character to me.

While I've heard that the guy who plays Ward is a really nice guy and such, and I would hate to see him "out of a job", I'm glad that the "end of the road" is near when it comes to Ward on the show. The writers have suffered trying to figure out what to do with Ward once they had the Hydra reveal in Season 1 and with the way things ended in Season 2, they really wrote them into the corner with regards to him being redeemable.

My thinking is that *somehow* Ward is still "in there" and perhaps after the being inside him wrecks a lot of havoc and the SHIELD / Secret Warriors Team are unable to defeat it, Ward somehow reasserts himself so that the being (and the host, i.e. Ward) can be destroyed. Almost like an Anakin/Vader kind of redemption - he's done a lot of bad stuff, but in the end, his better nature won out and he was instrumental in defeating an even greater evil. Would be a nice, dignified way for an original cast member to exit the series.

BillCable:
My wife's response was "I knew it was too good to be true."

So the ancient inhuman banished from earth was a slug?  Or maybe it was a symbiote...  ;D

I thought it was supposed to be a shape-shifter rather than a body-snatcher, but I won't quibble.  Looks like it absorbs the memories of the host.  I still don't know if they're going to tie it to something from the Mavel comic universe.

77Skywalker:
There was even a reference to Star Wars in the season 3 winter finale indeed.

BillCable:
Kind of a weak first couple of episodes.  Entertaining, but not very consequential.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version