Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43246 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Agents of SHIELD...

I think there might have been a clue about who/what that was in the tube at the Guest House.  Coulson wound up speaking with Sif in the most recent episode about the various blue aliens that she knows of from throughout the universe.  One notable name came up:  the Kree!  Out of all of the alien species in the Marvel Universe, the Kree have been pretty notable.  Could this have been our first glimpse of the Kree?

And recently Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige mentioned the possibility of a Captain Marvel movie.  IIRC, that character had ties to the Kree in the comics.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:40 PM by Jeff »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39 PM »
I've read a ton of speculation about it being Kree.  And that Coulson becomes Captain Marvel (and Skye becoming Ms. Marvel.. or Miss... whichever one got super powers from the Kree).  Personally, I doubt we'll see anything beyond super healing.  The show has really picked up lately.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 01:44 AM »
There have been other rumblings that the Kree connection might be investigated with another SHIELD operative by the name of Carol Danvers.  The actor who seems to have been mentioned in connection with that is Katee Sackhoff, of Battlestar Galactica fame.  Or Bo Katan from Clone Wars, depending on who you liked more.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Katie as Ms. Marvel would be awesome!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52 AM »
Evidently the Kree are going to come into play in Guardians of the Galaxy.  Two Kree characters are confirmed for that film.  But one that we saw in the trailer, played by Djimon Hounsou, wasn't blue.  Strange.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Evidently the Kree are going to come into play in Guardians of the Galaxy.  Two Kree characters are confirmed for that film.  But one that we saw in the trailer, played by Djimon Hounsou, wasn't blue.  Strange.

I always wondered that too.  Apparently...The original Kree had blue-colored skin, but a second racial group with pink skin resembling that of human Caucasians emerged over the millennia. Presently, the blue-skinned "purebred" Kree are a small, but powerful, minority. Pink Kree are much more durable than their blue racial brethren.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 8, 2014, 11:27 PM »
Who is still with Agents of Shield?  I feel like the show has really picked up in the last few weeks.  Haven't seen Captain America yet so I'm not sure how much cross-over there is but I can guess at a few things.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: April 9, 2014, 12:34 AM »
This thread is for those of you who are interested in discussing the Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television program with other like-minded individuals.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 9, 2014, 01:11 AM »
Who is still with Agents of Shield?  I feel like the show has really picked up in the last few weeks.  Haven't seen Captain America yet so I'm not sure how much cross-over there is but I can guess at a few things.

So, I have only seen the first few.  I had the rest DVR'd,  but had to switch to a new cable box, so I lost them all.  I really want to watch the rest, but can't find any free options to catch the show.  Nothing on Netflix or Comcast on demand, and not willing to pay $2 per show via Amazon.  Any other ideas???

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #54 on: April 9, 2014, 01:14 AM »
There is a Watch ABC app that will let you watch the past 4-5 episodes. If you haven't seen The Winter Soldier don't watch the 4/8 episode.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #55 on: April 9, 2014, 01:55 AM »
I have the last two Marvel Agents of SHIELD episodes to watch and I'm liking it, but I don't get excited to watch as I do Person of Interest, Justified or Blue Bloods.

I have Turn on my DVR, I'm at the point I'll watch an original AMC series on faith.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 9, 2014, 09:23 AM »
There is a Watch ABC app that will let you watch the past 4-5 episodes. If you haven't seen The Winter Soldier don't watch the 4/8 episode.

True. The events of CA2 are felt big time in the show. Very cool. It's also cool to see the completed DeathLok character.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 9, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Just watched last weeks so I haven't see yesterdays episode. I'm a little afraid to since I haven't seen CA2 yet.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 9, 2014, 09:30 AM »

Thanks Jay.  I have the last 4 via on demand/DVR, but need to go much further back.  Maybe I just need to wait for the DVD.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 9, 2014, 09:44 AM »
Just watched last weeks so I haven't see yesterdays episode. I'm a little afraid to since I haven't seen CA2 yet.

Then don't watch it.  You'll want to see the new Cap movie BEFORE you watch last night's episode.