Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43568 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #105 on: August 9, 2014, 08:38 AM »
I mentioned as much in the GotG thread.  And for a while I've thought that the dead alien was a Kree.  The cincher for me?  In GotG I saw some writing on walls of Ronan's ship that resembled some of the glyphs that Coulson was inscribing on that wall at the end of season 1.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Well, well, well!  It looks like the REAL Absorbing Man will be coming to Agents of SHIELD this fall. 

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2014, 09:58 AM »
I enjoyed SHIELD, too and some of the things were surprising.  Lucy Lawless' character, for instance.  Big name star, done in one episode.  Also, Fitz and his nature now.  Surprising that Simmons left SHIELD, but as of yet, we don't know the reason.  Wll be interesting to see how this season goes.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12 AM »
So these guys that Lawless lead were a bunch of red shirts? Will we see them again? Did Lawless look fat to you?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Episode 1 of Season 2 certainly started off nicely.  I have to say, Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter was one of the high points of the first Captain America film.  Seeing her reprise the role in Captain America - The Winter Soldier and now in the season premier of Agents of SHIELD was nice.  And knowing that the mid-season hiatus will be occupied by the spinoff Agent Carter is pretty cool.  And was it me, or did Dum Dum Dugan nearly open a casket with a dead blue alien?

It does seem as though some things have transpired since the end of Season 1.  Coulson seems to be rebuilding the organization bit by bit, but SHIELD continues to be regarded as an outlawed organization.  Who better than one of the great pricks of the Marvel Universe to pursue them than Glenn Talbot!

This new Hydra cell seems interesting.  I thought it might tie in with Baron Von Strucker who we saw at the end of Captain America - The Winter Soldier, but this looks like a completely different faction.  The ageless leader is definitely interesting.  The Absorbing Man seems to have been well done from an effects standpoint.  And I was personally happy to see that he barely had any dialogue.  When I realized who was playing the part I thought the show runners made the wise decision in limiting his speaking.  I found Brian Wade to be pretty hateable in other roles when he opened his mouth.  So silence here is his friend!

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2014, 02:43 PM »
I agree with pretty much everything in your post (though I know nothing about Brian Wade (or don't recall him) so can't complain there).  I really agree with your Hayley Atwell comments.  Can't get enough of her.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2014, 08:38 AM »
It was great to see some of the Howling Commandos from Cap 1!  And yeah - I should have paused on that crate when Dum Dum opened it.  It was certainly blue...
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2014, 09:28 AM »
It left the impression that it was the same blue alien. Wasn't that the same species of alien that took Star Lord's walkman in the prison?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Ta da!   ;)

Remember the blue guy from season 1?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Ugh, forgot how much I dislike Rayna.  >:(

I hope they don't make Simmons out to be a bad guy now.

Agent Paul Atreides Cooper Skye's Dad FTW!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 1, 2014, 02:07 AM »
He's just there for a good cherry pie & a damn fine cup of coffee...  :D

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 2, 2014, 09:10 PM »
Also, Fitz and his nature now.  Surprising that Simmons left SHIELD, but as of yet, we don't know the reason.

Well it looks like you're going to get your wish next week.  I have to admit, the Fitz story line is going to get really old really fast if it continues this way.  I was already annoyed 5 minutes into the second episode.

They've definitely kicked it up with the first two episodes this season.  Glad to see them using more effects.  I'm looking forward to some more movie tie-ins and comic book characters as the season progresses.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 2, 2014, 10:15 PM »
Doesn't it seem weird that no one on the show ever talks about any of the Avengers?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 2, 2014, 10:55 PM »
The second series definitely seems to be off to a more quick paced start than season one.  And I think the integration of the show's story line with that of Captain America - The Winter Soldier gave the show a new lease on life.  That boost in interest seems to have translated into a bigger production & effects budget for the show.  Although I think the Harley Davidson product placement helped that this week, too.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 8, 2014, 03:25 PM »
Of all of the SHIELD operatives to go undercover in HYDRA.... Simmons?!?!  The sheer audacity of that move is astounding.  Although the scene between her and Coulson in the apartment was pretty funny.  But it seems like she might be deceptively capable in an undercover role.

Feedback