Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43553 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2014, 06:16 AM »
Agent Carter looks like it's going to be pretty good.  I thought that Hayley Atwell was fantastic in Captain America - The First Avenger.  I'm hoping that for the sake of continuity Howard Stark also gets included in the mix.  He seemed to be an integral part of the first Cap movie.  And if they can get Tommy Lee Jones, too?  That would be fantastic.

As for last night's episode?  It still seems like there's a whole lot bubbling under the surface.  Just WHAT is Skye's father?  It looked like he was about to transform into something but it stopped.  Whitehall got taken out, although it did seem a little anti-climactic.  And then the events down below?  Well, some of the showrunners seem to know how to leave the audience wanting more.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2014, 03:00 PM »
I'm hoping that for the sake of continuity Howard Stark also gets included in the mix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13W9gQ_1GA

Just WHAT is Skye's father?  It looked like he was about to transform into something but it stopped.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Calvin_Zabo_%28Earth-616%29 and Skye is: http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_%28Earth-616%29

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2014, 03:38 PM »
Does that mean Skye's dad joins forces with a guy that looks like Serpentor from GI Joe?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2014, 07:47 PM »
Well they sure did good in this episode & it keeps getting better, can't wait till March!

---------->  Skye aka Daisy Johnson "Quake"...  Raina aka Raina Earth-616... the Inhumans.  As for Trip aka B.J. Brit, hard to say for a dead person that is rumored to be in Avengers: Age of Ultron & it has also been mentioned that Agents of Shield will lead into AoU like they did with Captain America.

For the time being, bring on Agent Carter!  8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Well, seeing as how they only killed one of the 5 people I wanted to see get snuffed (Whitehall/Ward/Skye'sDad/Raina/Agent 33) I was a little bummed, but I get that they want to keep stringing those characters out for whatever reason.

Surprised Mac survived and Tripp did not. Killed off the wrong guy, IMHO, he will be missed.

Also curious what happened to Raina at the end there.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2014, 07:57 AM »

If you pause the footage you can make out her face in the shadows, but it's definitely hard to see what she/it is now.  Definitely not the woman in the flower dress any longer though...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2014, 08:32 AM »
It was a really good episode.  I'm kinda upset that I read about the characters online - probably would have enjoyed Skye's progression more had I not spoiled it for myself.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2014, 10:33 AM »

If you pause the footage you can make out her face in the shadows, but it's definitely hard to see what she/it is now.  Definitely not the woman in the flower dress any longer though...

Just looking at what happened in that chamber with Skye and Tripp?  It looked like Raina was affected much in the same way that Skye was.  Skye wound up in a cocoon, it would seem.  If the same thing happened to Raina it makes sense since we already know that she can hold the Diviner without being killed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:04 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Somehow, I have a feeling Trip isn't truly dead.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2014, 01:54 PM »
Somehow, I have a feeling Trip isn't truly dead.

Trip becomes a Force ghost?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2014, 01:59 PM »
He did kinda crumble.  I don't see how he's coming back from that.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2014, 04:27 AM »
Kragle?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 23, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Rumors are circulating about a certain SHIELD Agent who may work their way into the ABC series.  He's been referenced in the show, and it could lead to an interesting crossover into some upcoming MCU projects.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Glad to see the way Agent Carter has wrapped up.  A short season like this really does play well.  I think the British have it right in keeping their television seasons short and sweet,  A 20+ episode season can get somewhat bloated.

Hayley Atwell is fantastic as Peggy Carter.  She reminds you of some of the best aspects of Captain America - The First Avenger and keeps things grounded in that world.  Dominic Cooper has also been great in expanding the realization of Howard Stark.  He was an interesting character in the first Cap film and we got to see some small snippets of him in the Iron Man films.  But here he seems like the Howard Hughes genius inventor/business tycoon sort of character that I think he was intended to be.  And Jarvis?  I think he's been very well realized.  I almost didn't recognize the actor until I IMDB'd him and found that he was also in Master & Commander.  But I think the character gives some great insight into the personality of Tony Stark's J.A.R.V.I.S. artificial intelligence.

The way the season has run it looks like we're building more and more towards the official founding of SHIELD.  The SSR seems like it was more of a classic government intel/law enforcement agency, and far less sophisticated than the SHIELD we came to know in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  It also seems like we got some keen insight into some of the background of the Black Widow project with Dottie and her "classmates".  And now with her on the run and Doctor Faustus in custody?  And Zola as his cellmate?  That's another interesting tie-in to the Cap films and the eventual infiltration of Hydra into SHIELD.

I'm hopeful that another season of Agent Carter will be coming to spell us while Agents of SHIELD is on hiatus.  Because we're essentially getting a great look at two distinct eras of SHIELD.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:54 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2015, 12:09 PM »
I agree.  I loved Agent Carter.  Lots of cool nods to references made in the films.  I think the shorter season was perfect, no filler, no stretching.  I was also impressed that they didn't get her right into another relationship right away. 

Anyone looking for well written, strong female characters needs to watch this show.