Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43356 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2015, 02:21 PM »
I'm not thinking of it that way. I just see it as a marketing gimmick just like making them all really young.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2015, 07:14 PM »
The finale was absolutely awesome.  I had a total "Pulp Fiction back-seat gunshot" reaction to the axe strike.  And at so many instances there was the tension that nobody was safe.  Three or four times I thought major characters had been killed.  Edge-of-your-seat, compelling stuff.  I was really impressed.

My wife commented it was "movie-like" it was of such high quality.  They've come a long way.

I'm guessing the fish oil pills are a non-lethal way for Inhumans to arise across the globe.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2015, 09:47 AM »
I enjoyed the entire season.  I thought it was suppose to be a cliffhanger but they tied up most of the loose ends. I wonder if Clouson is getting a Luke Skywalker hand or something like the Winter Soldier's. Chloe Bennet has gotten to be a better actress in this season. She had more to work with.  I still love Adrianne Palicki. She definitely needs to stick around.  Someone really needs to kill Grant. I like how May tricked Grant into killing Agent 33. She was getting annoying.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2015, 09:49 AM »
I thought it was terrific too...except for the last 5 minutes where there was some kind of bizarre commercial interruption that pre-empted the show. I'll have to go back and watch it On Demand now. It cut back right during the scene when Ward was jacking up that Hydra guy.

Anyway, great stuff. Glad they culled the herd a bit, getting to be too many characters on this show. Super happy to see Raina gone especially, I really disliked her character. I didn't have the same antipathy towards Gordon and Skye's mom, but they needed to go too.

Totally agree about the imminent danger...I thought for sure Bobbi was going to buy it. And I was convinced Mack was going to touch one of the crystals and turn into an Inhuman, after all his grousing about aliens. ("No-Eyes" - LOL)

Great that the offed Kara, even better that dipsh*t Ward did it. I guess it would have been too much to ask to see his tired ass put down finally too. Maybe next season. God, I hate that ahole.

As soon as they intimated a long-awaited Fitzsimmons hook-up, I knew one of them would get iced somehow. Sucks, I am a Fitzsimmons 'shipper and I want them to hook up.

Also awesome to see Cal as Mr Hyde finally. That was pretty cool. Nice of them to go Tahiti on his ass.

I don't know what to make of the fish oil thing. Since when are Terrigen crystals water soluble anyway?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2015, 12:45 PM »
I was disappointed with Mr. Hyde. I was expecting something along the lines of the Hulk not Kyle with even more messed up hair and neck veins. Do you think they have cherry pie in Tahiti?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2015, 09:06 AM »
A very solid way to end season 2.  In fact up until last week I thought that Jaiying had somewhat benevolent intentions.  At least until she killed Gonzalez!  I got the sense that Rayna was able to redeem herself.  And personally?  I'm not completely certain that she's dead.  All in all I think this episode arc has done a lot to develop the Inhumans in the MCU in the leadup to their movie.  I'm just curious if Skye will end up crossing over into that project.

The fight for the control of the Illiad was some pretty good stuff.  Multiple Girl was pretty badass, but it was cool to see that there was a way to take out all of the copies by neutralizing the prime Multiple girl.  And the fight for the Kree artifact between Mac, Coulson, Fitz and Gordon?  That was pretty awesome.  But when Mac lopped off Coulson's arm?  That was definitely shocking, but it was also a great bookend.  After all, the season began with Lucy Lawless's character touching a Diviner and cutting off her own arm in an attempt to survive.  She didn't, but Mac's actions were so decisive that he wound up saving Coulson's life.

The Ward/Agent 33 arc came to a fitting end.  33 was clearly damaged and beyond any sort of salvation.  And Ward is just all sorts of messed up.  I was glad to see Bobbie beat the hell out of both of them... at least until Ward broke her leg.  The fact that Bobbie would also sacrifice herself rather than letting Hunter get shot really showed some real heart for her character.  I thought Bobbie was a little one dimensional at the beginning of the season, and Hunter was too.  But they really seem to have developed into good characters for the show.

The last few things in the episode left you wondering where things are going.  May seems to have turned a corner.  I think she's finally come to terms with what happened in Bahrain.  And I get the sense that she may be on the verge of rekindling her marriage.  Coulson?  I think he may wind up with a Deathlok type of arm.  Ward as the new leader of HYDRA?  Seriously?  I wonder where that may go.  But the biggest shock of all had to be Simmons being sucked into the Kree artifact.  That was an even bigger WHOA moment than what happened to Coulson.  It certainly left me wondering if Simmons will actually become Captain Marvel.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 7, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Anyone still watching this show? 2 solid episodes thus far... except that Ward.  ::)

Nice to see Lo Pan...  :D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 7, 2015, 10:54 AM »
I've enjoyed the season so far.  Would have liked to have seen more of the other end of the portal, but maybe we'll get back there someday.  It seems like there might be some foreboding that Coulson may end up dead and staying dead someday with May's ex giving her the "you're becoming a leader" speech.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 7, 2015, 11:04 AM »
It's as okay a show as it's been.

As for Strucker Jr. Me, personally I'd rather have sexy parties on my yacht over funding international terrorism.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #189 on: October 8, 2015, 01:00 AM »
Anyone still watching this show? 2 solid episodes thus far... except that Ward.  ::)

Nice to see Lo Pan...  :D

They're on my DVR...haven't gotten to them yet.  The same can't be said for Gotham.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 8, 2015, 08:14 AM »
I've enjoyed it so far...every season I wonder if this is the year they will decide to kill Ward off once and for all, and that hope keeps me going. Eventually it's gotta happen, dude is going to get another role somewhere or something. At least Flowers is gone!

What was Simmons running from in the other dimension? The first episode it clearly seemed as though she was trying to evade someone or something. Guess we will find out. Glad they did not drag her captivity out over the whole season.

I liked the Inhuman-hunting KreeBeast a lot...one of the cooler things they have featured on the show so far.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #191 on: October 8, 2015, 08:51 AM »
The first two episodes have been top-notch.  My wife actually gasped when their hands came apart in the portal world.  Very tense stuff.  I'd read somewhere that the portal issue was going to be resolved in short order, and I also saw Simmons on the Season 3 poster, so I had a good idea how things were going to play out.  Still, it was very compelling even for me.

Anybody have any clue who the Inhuman hunter is modeled after?  The character wasn't familiar to me at all.

As far as Daisy becoming a leader, I think it's pretty clear she's set to become the leader of the Secret Warriors.  I don't know how closely they'll follow the comic universe, but if you look up Marvel's Quake you can see what she went on to do there.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 8, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Anybody have any clue who the Inhuman hunter is modeled after?  The character wasn't familiar to me at all.

I read somewhere this was Lash who was also an Inhuman in the comics. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 8, 2015, 10:31 AM »
Yep, that is Lash & he's going to **** things up...  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Lash was pretty badass.  But I'm wondering where the whole Inhuman storyline is going.  Word has it that there are some divisions at Marvel Studios over how to handle the Inhumans in both films and television.  Which means that the movie appears to be on hold. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback