Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43610 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2015, 07:34 AM »
Ward and May's relationship is complicated and intriguing . One of the hilights of the show.  It is the Sky/Daisy character I can't stand. She's hot but dull and a really crap actress.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2015, 08:51 AM »
I use this site Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Just finding the links that work.

Cool - Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 9, 2015, 08:33 AM »
Damn, for 58 and a half minutes that was the best episode ever.

And then they had to go and ruin it.

Damn you Hollywood writers!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 9, 2015, 10:36 AM »
You had to know they wouldn't get rid of Ward even though he just looks like him.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 9, 2015, 11:08 AM »
You had to have a new big bad with Ward dead.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 9, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Lash is still loose and so is Powers Boothe.

Some one once called the AoS team the "b-team" (before the Hydra reveal in season 1). And that's what's happening, the B-Team is running what's left of SHIELD. This first half season they didn't accomplish jack diddly squat. Hydra is still around. Lash is loose again. Marooned astronaut is dead. Ward is dead but now some undead space slug host that they weren't supposed to allow on Earth.

And both notable members of that other agency are dead. Those captured inhumans are dead. And Coulson tossed away his awesome hand.

That makes me like the show, though.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 9, 2015, 07:06 PM »
I was a tad bit disappointed that instead of killing Ward, Coulson didn't bring him through the portal to face justice. Seemed like too much of a departure from the Coulson character to me.

While I've heard that the guy who plays Ward is a really nice guy and such, and I would hate to see him "out of a job", I'm glad that the "end of the road" is near when it comes to Ward on the show. The writers have suffered trying to figure out what to do with Ward once they had the Hydra reveal in Season 1 and with the way things ended in Season 2, they really wrote them into the corner with regards to him being redeemable.

My thinking is that *somehow* Ward is still "in there" and perhaps after the being inside him wrecks a lot of havoc and the SHIELD / Secret Warriors Team are unable to defeat it, Ward somehow reasserts himself so that the being (and the host, i.e. Ward) can be destroyed. Almost like an Anakin/Vader kind of redemption - he's done a lot of bad stuff, but in the end, his better nature won out and he was instrumental in defeating an even greater evil. Would be a nice, dignified way for an original cast member to exit the series.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2015, 07:07 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2015, 09:48 AM »
My wife's response was "I knew it was too good to be true."

So the ancient inhuman banished from earth was a slug?  Or maybe it was a symbiote...  ;D

I thought it was supposed to be a shape-shifter rather than a body-snatcher, but I won't quibble.  Looks like it absorbs the memories of the host.  I still don't know if they're going to tie it to something from the Mavel comic universe.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2016, 10:28 PM »
There was even a reference to Star Wars in the season 3 winter finale indeed.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2016, 08:33 AM »
Kind of a weak first couple of episodes.  Entertaining, but not very consequential.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Yeah, it hasn't been great but it hasn't been tiresome or annoying like Agent carter (yet) at least. The Absorbing Man was pretty cool I thought.

I feel like there should be an Inhumans movie out in the next year to properly tie-in, but I know that is a ways off so I'm thinking they probably got into that stuff too early and are forced to tread water now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2016, 12:29 AM »
Watching this show is becoming a chore.  There's no real tie-in to the movies (with the exception of Season 1 and Captain America: Winter Soldier), and it's just not very good television.

Not the Marvel Netflix shows.....  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31 AM »
One 2-hour episode leaf in the season and a promised death of a major character that Daisy foresaw.  Well, they showed Mack getting the cross necklace that is shown in the death scene, but I think that's a misdirect.  The previews showed Fitz holding it, but I think it might be an after the death scene like sorting one's belongings.  But I think it should be Daisy, because she was touched by the guy that shows that person's fate, not someone else's.

Any predictions?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2016, 02:39 PM »
You know, I kept thinking the same thing - that the Inhuman who touched her only had the power to show people their own deaths, but I guess that wouldn't explain her first vision?

I think it would be a real slap to the fans to make it FitzSimmons after all they have been through. Hoping those two are safe.

I could see it being Mack, but since he is not an original team member, not sure if that would be considered enough bang for the buck. Logically I think Lincoln makes sense, some kind of grandiose gesture to save Daisy at the last second or something. But again, not a major character.

Pretty sure Coulson is safe, so that leaves May (mei?) that's where I would lay my money down. Her husband just died, she doesn't have a lot else going on lately except wanting to kill Ward, which would be a good way for her to go out, snuffing him once and for all. Plus she is the biggest name actor on the show and probably has plenty of other options if she wants to leave. And she's an original team member whose loss would leave a big juicy dramatic hole.  :D

All I keep wondering is "man, the human race is about to be destroyed and no one thinks the Avengers could be of any help?!?" Even Arrow Guy? Lol...

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2016, 02:09 PM »
so that leaves May (mei?) that's where I would lay my money down. Her husband just died, she doesn't have a lot else going on lately except wanting to kill Ward, which would be a good way for her to go out, snuffing him once and for all. Plus she is the biggest name actor on the show and probably has plenty of other options if she wants to leave. And she's an original team member whose loss would leave a big juicy dramatic hole.
Plus there where rumors that she was leaving the show at the end of the season before the season even started.