Author Topic: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 43709 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2016, 10:22 AM »
So it was Lincoln who buys it.  It wasn't shocking enough or an electrifying sacrifice for me to be sad about.  I expected someone from the original team, though I guess Brett Dalton will no longer be on the show, even though his character died and was reborn.  Maybe I should be sad for him?

Plus, Agent Carter is cancelled as is Most Wanted (never got off the ground), so for me losing Hunter and Bobbi tugged at the heart strings more than this death did.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:26 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2016, 10:41 AM »
The spin-off with Bobby and Hunter was axed? Damn. They need to get them back on the regular show now. I miss those two. Not too sad about Agent Carter, it ended at a good place and had become something of an effort to watch anyway, IMHO.

Last night's finale was good. They did a nice job keeping you guessing who was going to buy it right up until the end. I was very nervous whenever FitzSimmons were on screen. (Would have been nice to see a 6 months later cutaway to them in the Seychelles at the end there, but whateves)

The death itself was sort of meh to me, but I guess they are going to use it to jack up Daisy's character for awhile now.

I didn't fully grasp either ending. Coulson is an agent now and no longer the Director? Who's the Director? Hoping this is just a temporary thing until they hunt down Daisy. And maybe they should have had the fast chick follow her? Just sayin...

I figured they would bring the Mad Scientist dude into the fold, but WTF was that at the very end? Did we just see Jocasta? Or something else???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2016, 07:40 AM »
That finale was intense.  Guessing right until the end on who bites it (I figured it out when SPOILERS Lincoln grabbed Daisy and they didn't show her necklace again  /SPOILERS).  I thought when Mac hugged Daisy, that was probably the most powerful moment of the entire series.

I'm also totally confused by the epilogues.  Daisy becomes Robin Hood - that's easy enough.  But the rest of the threads - total mystery.

I'm worried we'll still see Ward again.  There's the matter of that Kree artifact he dug up - the "only thing" that can destroy him.  That seems like a pretty major plot point to just leave out there hanging.  I don't think we were ever told what happened to it.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2016, 07:51 AM »
I'm worried we'll still see Ward again.  There's the matter of that Kree artifact he dug up - the "only thing" that can destroy him.  That seems like a pretty major plot point to just leave out there hanging.  I don't think we were ever told what happened to it.

There was an article that came out right after the episode where Jed Whedon wouldn't comment on whether Ward would be back or not.  I'm with you that I think he somehow shows up again.  I just hope for our sake it's in flashbacks or something like that.  I just grew really tired of seeing him after Season 1.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2016, 09:23 AM »
I'm at least a couple of weeks behind on AoS on my DVR.  But I did see that the Kree are in play with this storyline.  I can't help but think that the show and the MCU are both moving towards involving the Kree in a bigger way.  The drug/treatment that brought Coulson back was made from research/materials from that Kree corpse.  Ronan the Accuser, from Guardians of the Galaxy was Kree as well.  They're showing up on Agents of SHIELD again, it would seem.  It leads me to think that they might be involved in GOTG2 as well, and might also be involved in the story for the Captain Marvel movie that's in development. 

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2016, 10:36 AM »
That finale was intense.  Guessing right until the end on who bites it (I figured it out when SPOILERS Lincoln grabbed Daisy and they didn't show her necklace again  /SPOILERS).  I thought when Mac hugged Daisy, that was probably the most powerful moment of the entire series.

I'm also totally confused by the epilogues.  Daisy becomes Robin Hood - that's easy enough.  But the rest of the threads - total mystery.

I thought about that too, but came up with a good explanation. That Kree artifact was actually built into the warhead and was part of the activation system through which the terrigen gas or whatever would be dispersed. IE: the technology was a necessary component to facilitate the re-creation of the experiment that created HIVE. So it did end up killing him really.

I thought the close up reveal of Hive's true face with the Coulson hologram was awesome too. I'm sure it wasn't cheap to pull off. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:37 AM by McMetal »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2017, 01:07 PM »
So, the second half of the season has been pretty cool with the Framework/alt-universe world.  It's interesting to see most of the known characters behave completely different.  I'm kind of tired of Aida/Ophelia though.  And also Grant Ward is back, presumably being the good guy!  Awesome!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2017, 08:44 AM »
I'm loving this new arc after the winter break.  I was TOTALLY geeking out over the way the adapted the "What If?" comic book series (a favorite of mine as a kid).  And the way they've executed it is spot-on.

I also didn't expect them to spend as much time in the framework as they have.  Usually these alt-universe episodes are a 1-off or 2-parter.

It's been fun seeing some old faces.  And I'm sad to see The Patriot bite it.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2017, 09:27 AM »
I also didn't expect them to spend as much time in the framework as they have.  Usually these alt-universe episodes are a 1-off or 2-parter.

It's been fun seeing some old faces.  And I'm sad to see The Patriot bite it.

I'd love to see this last longer...maybe cliff hanger going into next season, but it looks like they are starting to finish it up. 

Sad about The Patriot, too, but I guess the writers had to show how serious getting killed in The Framework is to the real person.  I think it would have been interesting if Mace had known this, but I think he still believed the alt-world was real.  I guess death is death though.

Seeing Trip back was cool.

I'll have to look up the What If comics.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2017, 04:21 PM »
http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/what-if

The What if the X-Men died cover is hilarious after seeing Logan.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2017, 10:31 AM »
I'm praying with all my might that this gets canceled. I've watched every episode from the beginning and it's just become a joyless exercise for me now. The writing is so bad it's like they aren't even trying anymore. And they seem to have given up on even attempting to tie together the various film franchises anymore, which I thought was the whole point of this thing to begin with. They didn't do anything for Dr Strange, and nothing for Thor 3.

It all started to go wrong with the Inhumans IMO. They've wasted like 3 seasons now on something that isn't even acknowledged in any of the movies. And the whole Ghost Rider thing...ugh.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Maybe they decided to let it be its own thing instead of being forced to mention "dr. Strange did this, or some weird time anomaly happened here?  They've got their own things going on.

I don't know.  I've enjoyed this last bit with alt-world Hydra in control.  I don't care about Aida/Madame Hydra though.  Something about the actress.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2017, 11:13 AM »
I thought Ghost Rider injected some life into the show by having an actual superhero they interacted with, even if he wasn't a current Marvel U film one.

The Inhuman thing has gotten stale, though.

And writing out whats his name and mockingbird for a spin-off that never happened was a blunder.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Hindsight is 20-20, but count me in with the "Tired of Inhumans" crowd.  I really struggle to comprehend the Marvel U factions that hate on DNA-related super beings, but have no problem with the rest of the Super Heroes.  Why would people feel Daisy/Quake is a bigger threat than Hulk or Thor just because she got her powers from her DNA?  I would think the average person either just loves or hates all people with powers based on their personal experiences.

I didn't mind the ghost rider stuff, but ditching Mockingbird was a mistake, as was bringing in a different Shield Director. They could have just made the Director Fury and limit his appearances to make him more secretive, or bring in Maria Hill as acting directory like the comics.  They've tried to create some of the "is the Director good or bad" mystery and drama with this other guy, but it hasn't played out well in my opinion.  I kinda wish they had focused more on working to re-establish Shield and its image with the initial Hydra fallout as well.

That all said, I think they've tackled some pretty cool Marvel U concepts.  The LMDs are a neat concept, though in the comics Shield uses them vs. bad guys, and they're super helpful decoys for a variety of spy-guy needs.  I liked some of the initial Inhuman stuff, and the various super baddies they've managed to bring in "Madame Hydra, Crusher Creel, etc.  I'm still enjoying the show, just not nearly as much as the first few seasons.  Hopefully they wrap up the Hydra/LMD/Inhuman stuff this season and move on to something new quickly.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today