Community > Other Toy Lines

Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. - by Boss Fight Studios

<< < (6/14) > >>

Dave:

--- Quote from: JediJman on December  8, 2015, 10:16 AM ---If any MN guys are planning to buy some of these, please let me know and maybe we can group order to save on shipping or something.

--- End quote ---

I'm interested Justin, but I'll be patient.  I'll be interested to see if they offer any bundles/deals once these are out on the market.

My oldest just read all of the Percy Jackson books and would dig a Medusa and some of the other mythological stuff.

I personally think the Spartans look cool.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Jeff on December  8, 2015, 11:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: JediJman on December  8, 2015, 10:16 AM ---had no idea there was a "premium" 4" figure market out there.
--- End quote ---

Consider yourself lucky.  With the Hasbro slow-down the past few years, I found my way into the premium 4" market.  It is expensive, but there is some really, really awesome stuff out there if you go looking for it and are willing to pay for it.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, while I think people would go ape**** over half this stuff if they bought even one thing, it's a definite slippery slope then.

I've gone all-in on the Acid Rain...  I started out "no figures, only a few vehicles".  I now have 4 of the "Stronghold" vehicle, 2 Mk2 Speeders, 1 Mk1 Speeder, 3 Laurels, and all the figures but two, and multiples of most.  I also have the LE hand-painted "playset" (in the collector sense...  IE: glorified "scene/stand").  I don't have the exclusives to cons, which are highly limited and 90% are for overseas shows as it's an import Chinese line and only does SDCC in the states via their importer.

The line's expanding, but it expands slowly.  THe guy who created it pulls inspiration from quite a bit, and he does all the prototype painting himself I guess so the paint masters are ready.

Hiya is sort of similar but deals with licenses, and circumventing licenses in the US.

It's lots of awesomeness though.  I mean, I got the Hot TOys Snap Kit Aliens figures back in the day, and in a case they were reasonable.  Kind of what a good SW figure is today.  Those, also being imports, I'd assume would be a hefty mark-up now.  And the Hiya Aliens: Colonial Marines figures go amazingly well with those HT Snap Kit Aliens figures.  And Hiya is kind of sneaking around the Aliens license to make Aliens things, by putting it under the Aliens: CM banner.  It's all weird.

Bossfight is on their own doing unlicensed stuff for the US, so that's cool that it'll be a lil more affordable.  Enough I'll pick up a few of those I'm sure.  I'd like some skeletons, and at least one Spartan really.

I've been eyeing up Marauder Inc's figs too.  I mean they're really cool.  Skull deco baclava heads, customizability...  They're working on a woman figure now too.

There are other lines/companies too.  There's one for Forgotten Planet iirc which is US based, and make really nice figures, but for a property I had never heard of/had no interest in really.  Nice toys though.

Hell, they still make 1/18 airplanes/military stuff now and again, but that's now up to insane prices as they don't have big box retailer backing any longer.  The prices are probably fair (mostly modern stuff so I don't have interest), but makes a $20 figure look cheap.  :-X

evenflow:
Have the kickstarter orders been shipped out yet?

Jesse James:
I think it's getting close.  I don't keep super close tabs. 

Marauder's line of soldiers is shipping as my brother's arrived at my house (safer place to get stuff shipped to) and it looks insanely cool.  Wish there was a line of "tag along" Star Wars guys like this.  :-X  Like generic dudes you just add stuff too.

I like SW style articulation better over Joe style, but those Marauder guys look cool.

Jesse James:
My brother bigtime backed this kickstarter, and I gotta say, Boss Fight made some AMAZING stuff.  I opened the box (came to my house) and the skeleton may be one of the most finely engineered action figures I've ever seen, in every way.  Boss Fight knocked that figure alone out of the park.  I'm hooked and ordering a couple figures now.  I can't afford to go "all in" on this line but I'm definitely picking up 5 or so figures and a small skeleton hoard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version