Author Topic: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)  (Read 35460 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2014 Saga Legends Basic Figures (Rebels Cardback)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Not quite sure I like the non-removable helmet aspect of Lando - why does Luke have one then? - but I find myself loving this segment of the line more and more. I'm a vintage guy through and through and these more and more thread that needle between perfect modern sculpting and a general vintage aesthetic. The paint apps aren't really there, but some of these figures are leagues beyond previous versions. Yoda I think is the best example. That MS Yoda dropping any day now destroys basically every modern Yoda Hasbro has done and that's saying something. Ditto Hoth Han and Bespin Han and Endor Han - basically all the Han's.

So I was thinking about what else I want to see here in this line and here's what I got. Trying to keep it simple:

SW:

Farm Boy Luke
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sand People
Jawa(s)
Tarkin
Rebel Fleet Trooper

ESB:

Hoth Leia
Bespin Lando
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Snowspeeder Wedge/Luke
Zuckuss
4-LOM

ROTJ:

The Emperor
Emperor's Royal Guard - who I think is coming anyways
Endor Rebel Soldier
TIE Pilot
Wedge
More Ewoks

CW (because the dream never dies):
Obi-Wan in Mandalore Armor
Satine
Bo Katan
Nightsister
Bounty Hunter Ventress

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 08:24 PM »
I was starting to think some of these Legends figures were alright, then today I got Bly and the Endor versions of Luke, Leia, and Han.

What a bunch of clunkers.  The Han's the only decent one.  The Luke looks deformed.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 10:07 AM »
I was starting to think some of these Legends figures were alright, then today I got Bly and the Endor versions of Luke, Leia, and Han.

What a bunch of clunkers.  The Han's the only decent one.  The Luke looks deformed.

I was thinking the same exact thing. The vintage Endor Leia was a much better figure than this legends version.

And I didn't know the Lando Skiff guard helmet was not removable. Wow. In a negative way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Tough to beat the TVC Lando Skiff Sandstorm fig anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of existing Endor Han, Luke, or Leia but I prefer them for what they are ultimately.  Would love a new Han tho of the 3.  The 5 POA just doesn't cut it for me on these mains.  Some of them are appealing, especially unmade characters that are kind of obscure like the Jedi Guard.  But on these mains, even barrel torso Han just was better to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 1, 2015, 10:09 AM »
Why are 5POS figures $9.99 at TRU? Is this so they can put them on sale for $6.99 in the future?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 1, 2015, 10:26 AM »
Why are 5POS figures $9.99 at TRU? Is this so they can put them on sale for $6.99 in the future?

It's the final stages of the ol' articulation bait and switch. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #37 on: April 3, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Received the Endor wave, and the OT Mission Series sets from HTS today. Yoda and the Hoth Han and Luke are works of art, but the Endor wave really leaves me cold. Even the POTF2 versions were better than these clunkers.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 4, 2015, 10:08 AM »
I'm not saying the Endor wave is great, but I'm not sure how anything about them is worth all the vitriol I've read online.  Especially Han.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: April 4, 2015, 10:27 AM »
I happen to love the Endor wave myself. What I like best is that none of the previous figures just captured the simple 'look' of these outfits - in the modern line anyway - leaving them looking like they were wearing potato sacks. Leia is the least successful, mostly due to the head sculpt which has her looking downward in this scowl that the paint apps, depending on your example, turn into this range between angry enough to kill to just sort of pissed. Luke is great. Han for me trumps all modern versions. He's not as good as the Hoth Han which like Ben said is a masterpiece and probably example #1 of why the SL line deserves far more credit than it gets. The online ALL CAPS hatred about these figures and 5 POA in general is hard to take seriously anymore.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Check your Target stores as it appears that this assort. is on clearance at many locations - down to as little at $2.98 each.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 01:05 PM »
Damn, that was quick.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Well, there were reports that Hasbro is "sold out" of the Legends cases.

If Target has no more Legends cases in their DC and they can't get any more from Hasbro, then a clearance to clear the pegs to make more room for the summer Marvel movie lines isn't a surprise I guess...

Oh, and a Target clearance of the Rebels Saga Legends DPCI is probably another sign that the rumored $8 "SW E7 3.75 Single Fig" DPCI (087-06-3658) is most likely the "kid" line (or the only 3.75" line  :-X). 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 03:58 PM »
Check your Target stores as it appears that this assort. is on clearance at many locations - down to as little at $2.98 each.

I can confirm this...I bought an X-Wing Pilot Luke last night for $2.98. I thought it must be a random fluke but maybe not.

I have only seen this at one store, and that was the only figure they had, but it's definitely got me interested in checking around now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 04:06 PM »
I've only seen remnants of that AT-DP Pilot wave once...  Never saw a wave after, and not seen anything of the AT-DP Wave since either.  Weird.

$8 kids line, 5 POA?  Yikes.  :)

Glad I'm not into them because, wow that'd hurt.

I'm sure I'll get some TFA stuff, but with sales mostly.  Playing it smart, like ROTS and AOTC before it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77